Evidence for theistic evolution

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

Post by 1over137 »

Yes, Audie, I have not read properly the post and misunderstood you.
My apology.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

1over137 wrote:Yes, Audie, I have not read properly the post and misunderstood you.
My apology.
No prob. I tend to be cryptic.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I think we kinda got off topic even though I don't mind but I still have not seen scientific evidence to change my mind about theistic evolution.

I see no reason to change my mind about it without scientific evidence life evolves.

I'd ather stick to having both the bible and scientific evidence in the earth that go hand in hand when you get all of the bible and get the right interpretation,when you do this,there is no contradiction between what the bible reveals and what the evidence in the earth reveals and it reveals there was a former world on this earth full of life that perished before God created this world we now live in since Adam and Eve about 6000 years ago.

Don't even tell me there was no death before Adam and Eve sinned because the evidence shows you are wrong,we have fossils of trilobite's,dinosaurs,primates,wooly mammoth,sabre tooth tigers,and many many other kinds of life that perished and died,including plant life and tree life.Lucifer sinned long before Adam and Eve did.

You evolutionists cann think I'm crazy but your timing is off for the first humans Adam and Eve because of evolution and how they stretch out time to allow enough time for life to evolve which makes their timing wrong besides it seems the more they discover it is moving man to a much more recent beginning anyway even if science never goes back to 6000 years,the trend is,it is shrinking.I think a strong case could be made that humans with religion,music,art,etc show up according to science just about 25,000 years ago,not 6000,but still it seems to be shrinking.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

I am a simple person, so my questions and reasoning are also simple:
If man has been on earth for millions of years, where are all the human bones?
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

what do you mean, you think the population was the same across millions of years?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Domenic wrote:I am a simple person, so my questions and reasoning are also simple:
Hi Domenic.

I would encourage you to explore what is believed a bit more, as I'm detecting some misunderstanding here about what is believed.

For example, modern humans with spiritual capacity are said to have arisen about 50k years ago. That's when we paintings and complex tools seem to appear.
Biologically, homo sapiens sapiens (us modern humans) are said to have arisen about 125k years ago according to best estimates in scientific studies.
So, if you're looking for human bones like ours, over millions of years, then... well, no one's really arguing you ought to find them.

This might be a new issue you're exploring. If so, it is likely a side issue to your more central beliefs. I detect that you'd likely adhere to a young Earth?
If so, then I'd love to point you to this article: http://normangeisler.net/articles/Bible ... gEarth.htm
And there's also a follow-up article to that which I consider a good read.

All the best.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Domenic wrote:I am a simple person, so my questions and reasoning are also simple:
Alligators have for sure been around for millions of years. Ever find an alligator bone yourself?

As ;noted by others, your question is a bit too simple. Perhaps you could explain a bit what your thinking is?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

If the earth is only 6000 years old then on what day in the 6 days of Genesis 1 did God create angels?because it does not mention angels on any of the days also when did Lucifer and a third of the angels rebel against God?.I have scripture proof that angels were created before God made this world in Genesis 1:3-31.Job 38:4-7.What was Lucifer doing when he sinned against God?Where was Lucifer when he rebelled?What happened after Lucifer rebelled?

Without researching angels and understanding this you don't have the full picture and so unfortunately this is why you get a young earth.People get a young earth from a lazy way of reading the bible,yes the bible is a vast book and to understand it fully requires bible study.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
If the earth is only 6000 years old then on what day in the 6 days of Genesis 1 did God create angels?because it does not mention angels on any of the days also when did Lucifer and a third of the angels rebel against God?.I have scripture proof that angels were created before God made this world in Genesis 1:3-31.Job 38:4-7.What was Lucifer doing when he sinned against God?Where was Lucifer when he rebelled?What happened after Lucifer rebelled?

Without researching angels and understanding this you don't have the full picture and so unfortunately this is why you get a young earth.People get a young earth from a lazy way of reading the bible,yes the bible is a vast book and to understand it fully requires bible study.
You're grasping at straws now ACB.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

How?I think it is a good point and I didn't realize this for along time.It does not mention angels being created in Genesis 1 and yet angels are in the bible,on what day were angels created? I think it is a good question.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

How?I think it is a good point and I didn't realize this for along time.It does not mention angels being created in Genesis 1 and yet angels are in the bible,on what day were angels created? I think it is a good question.
Because the fact that the bible doesn't mention when angels were created, really doesn't give more credence to any specific creation belief. Angels could've been created on any of the days of creation, or even before the creation days.

The creation days are talking about the physical creation. Angels are spiritual beings. They could've been created before the universe was created, or after.

And even if angels were created before God made this world, it still doesn't prove The Gap Theory. Angels being created before the world, or even before the big bang, fits into The Gap Theory, all other versions of OEC, Theistic Evolution, and maybe even YEC.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Because the fact that the bible doesn't mention when angels were created, really doesn't give more credence to any specific creation belief. Angels could've been created on any of the days of creation, or even before the creation days.

The creation days are talking about the physical creation. Angels are spiritual beings. They could've been created before the universe was created, or after.

And even if angels were created before God made this world, it still doesn't prove The Gap Theory. Angels being created before the world, or even before the big bang, fits into The Gap Theory, all other versions of OEC, Theistic Evolution, and maybe even YEC.
One of the strengths of the gap theory is angels and a biblical understanding of them.Also it is not much different than OEC.
Based on a biblical study of Lucifer and his history it would seem plausible that angels were created in the beginning whenever that is.We know the angels sang and rejoiced when God first created it.Evolution has a lot of people deceived and yet nothing is being done really to change it.I think that gap theory can change things.Don't you want to see evolution defeated?I do,too many people believe it.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Think of the gap theory as the church's ace in the hole when it comes to the theory of evolution and yet most don't even realize it.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ACB wrote:
One of the strengths of the gap theory is angels and a biblical understanding of them.Also it is not much different than OEC.
Based on a biblical study of Lucifer and his history it would seem plausible that angels were created in the beginning whenever that is.We know the angels sang and rejoiced when God first created it.Evolution has a lot of people deceived and yet nothing is being done really to change it.I think that gap theory can change things.Don't you want to see evolution defeated?I do,too many people believe it.
Do I want to see Evolution defeated? If it's found that the ToE is not true. But saying evolution is evil, and the gap theory can defeat it, is about the equivalent of saying the New York Yankees are evil, and the Cumberland Rhode Island Little League team can defeat them. Imo, it's just not realistic.

I admire your persistence promoting something that you think is true. I just don't agree with the gap theory.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Think of the gap theory as the church's ace in the hole when it comes to the theory of evolution and yet most don't even realize it.
Then count me as one who doesn't realize it. :D

Let me ask you this. Why do you think there aren't any Christians who are going around debating the gap theory, against evolution?

-Edward R Murrow