The Dead Sea Scrolls

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Susan
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

The Dead Sea Scrolls

Post by Susan »

Does anyone know basically what the Dead Sea scrolls say??
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: The Dead Sea Scrolls

Post by abelcainsbrother »

It has been awhile since I read about the dead sea scrolls and so there may be somebody on here who knows more about them than me but to the best of my knowledge the dead sea scrolls prove the Hebrew text that was translated into English that gives us our old testament has not changed.The dead sea scrolls are good evidence for the old testament.

Critics like to say our bible was changed but the dead sea scrolls are evidence that our bible has not changed because they have compared the dead sea scrolls to the Hebrew text the KJV translators used to translate the old testament and they can see and know it has not changed.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Susan wrote:Does anyone know basically what the Dead Sea scrolls say??
Don`t know if this will help..

http://gnosis.org/library/dss/dss.htm
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Rob
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Rob »

The dead sea scrolls are a large collection of ancient manuscripts that were found in a cave. Virtually the entire OT text can be found there which show that our modern translations have remained unchanged and still hold true to the original text. I believe other extra-biblical writings were found as well.

Long story short, ancient Hebrew scribes' abilities of transmission of the text over time were vindicated by the dead sea scrolls.