My journey

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: My journey

Post by Storyteller »

I feel so inferior sometimes, not in a "I don`t matter, I am so insignificant" kind of way, more of a "What can little old me offer, really?" I`m learning that I can offer my faith and belief. I used to hesitate in confessing my love for Christ and God. I used to hate it when people started to preach at me. I have yet to find a church that appeals to me but I love it here. Isn`t it right that it says that when a few of us gather in His name then it is a church?

The changes in me over the last few weeks have been truly incredible, the work that the Holy Spirit is doing within me excites me, scares me, enthralls me.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Storyteller wrote:I feel so inferior sometimes
We all feel inferior, you are in good company.
Storyteller wrote:The changes in me over the last few weeks have been truly incredible, the work that the Holy Spirit is doing within me excites me, scares me, enthralls me.
People who come to the faith later in life are aware of this enormous gift, above. The goody-two-shoes people who've been Christians since their childhood can't really appreciate God's grace as much as we can.
(Well, that's my opinion...but I'm always right. Ask anyone but my wife.)

FL :clap:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

The goody-two-shoes type of Christian is what put me off Christianity for a long time. it took me a while to realise that I don`t have to be someone I`m not to love and accept Christ. I used to think sure there is a God, that`s all that matters. Christ was just a really good example of how to live in God`s eyes. I didn`t get the full significance of just what Christ did for us, for me. I used to think it would be enough to just be a good person, to love people and believe in God.

Christ is the only way to God. (I`m unsure about the people who have not heard of Christ, though there, to be fair, there really aren`t that many. But I am sure God will have a plan for them too)

I used to think the Holy Spirit was just some nice fairytale type of wishful thinking untill I felt it. Words acnnot explain the first time I really felt the HS working inside me. I was at church (at a kind of Alpha course meeting) open to the idea of Christ but not really sure. There was a simple wooden cross at the side of me. I wanted, no, NEEDED, to kneel before that cross and I sobbed. And I mean, really, really sobbed. I ached in front of God. I begged Him to show me He was real, and true. I can`t describe the feeling, many have tried, you just have to experience it for yourself. It was the most beautiful feeling in the world (as good as what I felt on the birth of my daughter) It really is way up there on the list.
I felt new. Clean. Loved and cherished. That was the start of my journey to Christ.

The last few weeks there have been too many instances of what the HS is doing for me. I never, ever thought I would enjoy praying like I do. I never thought that there would be so much fun to be had talking to God. The sheer mystery of it all, the things there are to find out about. I have wanted all my life for something to grip me like this has. I have a purpose now, a reason.

I hope, as I grow in my knowledge of God and Christ that I can inspire someone to take that leap of faith (are you listening Happy and Audie? :D)

Accepting Christ, and loving God has led me to a better life, is making me a better person (slowly!) without dominating who I am, and it`s totally and utterly awesome!
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

I hope, as I grow in my knowledge of God and Christ that I can inspire someone to take that leap of faith (are you listening Happy and Audie? :D)
And here is something that I had to learn, so many years ago: I USED to think that I was such a poor example of what a Christian should be (and I was) that I didn't realize 1) we all are extremely flawed and 2) God could use me to reach others, flawed as I am. That's one of the huge messages of the New Testament, that God takes people and grows them, but as He teaches them how to be more like Christ, He also uses them. He doesn't need perfect people (there are none) to accomplish His plans, He uses lowly human beings that He transforms, but He doesn't wait until they have achieved some lofty status before using them - He uses Believers wherever they are in their Christian maturing.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

It is so cheerful to read your posts, Annete. The first moments with God... The best ones.
It's a happy reading. Good to have you here. :)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I absolutely agree with you Philip, that's what is so wonderful. I suppose what I,m saying is that I long to bring people closer to Christ.
I can only be myself and it took me a while to understand that who I am doesn't change, I am still me.

Hana, thank you :)
I did think about starting a blog but have no idea where to start or how to do it. Did wonder, too, if people would read it.

I suppose I find my outlet by writing about how I feel. I find it easier to bare my soul writing.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Storyteller wrote:I did think about starting a blog but have no idea where to start or how to do it. Did wonder, too, if people would read it.
If you write it, they will come.

FL y~o)
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Storyteller wrote:I did think about starting a blog but have no idea where to start or how to do it. Did wonder, too, if people would read it.
If you write it, they will come.

FL y~o)
Thank you FL :)

Well, if someone can tell me how to, maybe I will, or I could just witter away on here... or maybe both :mrgreen:
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Storyteller wrote:Well, if someone can tell me how to, maybe I will, or I could just witter away on here... or maybe both :mrgreen:
One of the smarter moderators can help you with a blog. Stay here as well. We don't have enough women here, so don't leave! :knitting:

FL :D

+ + +

+ + +
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I didnt mean leave, silly!
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Bloggers who use Wordpress or something similar, where are you? Jac? Neo?
How to set such a blog? (Or I will google it.)

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I will do it, I need to do it.

I need to express myself and who knows, maybe I'll touch someone as some have me.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

First, you need some website (probably to buy one as free websites might come with advertisements. Then the Wordpress steps https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/blog/wordpress.htm

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Have just found an old blog, I think I will resurrect it :)

Storyteller.wordpress.com

Will make a few new posts over the next few days.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Just had a lok, aded a quick post. Not sure if much of it will be of interest but I will ad to it on a sparodic basis. :)