Question

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Question

Post by UsagiTsukino »

I hope this is not a stupid question but God is all knowing why didn't he just stop Adam and Eve? I mean what do u think? Was it because of the fact that are multiple choices in the future
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Re: Question

Post by neo-x »

Its simple, eating the fruit was not God's choice or decision to make. The free will was with man.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

neo-x wrote:Its simple, eating the fruit was not God's choice or decision to make. The free will was with man.
but he knew what will happen
1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Yes, he knew and did not stop them. Instead, provided a plan for mankind - Jesus Christ.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

UsagiTsukino wrote:
neo-x wrote:Its simple, eating the fruit was not God's choice or decision to make. The free will was with man.
Obviously, but that is because he is omniscient, but in truth it wasn't his choice to make what Man should or would do. He know what man would do, he certainly did not make man do it. His knowledge had no impact on what happened. If that were the case we'd be mere puppets, robots following our master's wishes.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Humanity needs to learn what it really means to be responsible and to whom...

y:-?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

UsagiTsukino wrote:
Yep, He knew and rather than play the dictator God and force mankind to do something else and probably make things worse, He allowed Man to exercise his free will and freely choose and put into place the plan that would allow Man to eventually CHOOSE to be saved not because they HAD to, not because they were FORCED to but because the CHOOSE to.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

So why would God create a tree for man to fall unless he knew Satan would come up with another plan
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

UsagiTsukino wrote:So why would God create a tree for man to fall unless he knew Satan would come up with another plan
To prove what is evil and justly get rid of it by being true to himself which is just to all involved... y:-?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

It's worth considering this parable (and a possible interpretation - link below)...

Prodigal Son

There was once a man who had two sons; and the younger said to his father, 'Father, give me my share of the property.' So he divided his estate between them. A few days later the younger son turned the whole of his share into cash and left home for a distant country, where he squandered it in reckless living. He had spent it all, when a severe famine fell upon that country and he began to feel the pinch. So he went and attached himself to one of the local landowners, who sent him on to his farm to mind the pigs. He would have been glad to fill his belly with the pods that the pigs were eating; and no one gave him anything. Then he came to his senses and said, 'How many of my father's paid servants have more food than they can eat, and here am I, starving to death! I will set off and go to my father, and say to him: Father, I have sinned, against God and against you; I am no longer fit to be called your son; treat me as one of your paid servants.'

So he set out for his father's house. But while he was still a long way off his father saw him, and his heart went out to him. He ran to meet him, flung his arms round him and kissed him. The son said, 'Father, I have sinned, against God and against you; I am no longer fit to be called your son.' But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! fetch a robe, my best one, and put it on him; put a ring on his finger and shoes on his feet. Bring the fatted calf and kill it, and let us have a feast to celebrate the day. For this son of mine was dead and has come back to life; he was lost and is found.' And the festivities began.

Now the elder son was out on the farm; and on his way back, as he approached the house, he heard music and dancing. He called one of the servants and asked what it meant. The servant told him, 'Your brother has come home, and your father has killed the fatted calf because he has him back safe and sound.' But he was angry and refused to go in. His father came out and pleaded with him; but he retorted, 'You know how I have slaved for you all these years; I never once disobeyed your orders; and you never gave me so much as a kid, for a feast with my friends. But now that this son of yours turns up, after running through your money with his women, you kill the fatted calf for him.' – 'My boy', said the father, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. How could we help celebrating this happy day?

Your brother here was dead and has come back to life, was lost and is found. ~ Joshua Emmanuel the Christ

-------------

The older brother is symbolic of the Archangels. The Archangel never used 'Mind' in the way humans are using it, projecting thoughts, good and bad. In this way, human beings learn lessons leading eventually to their return to God, the Father, with the knowledge and understanding to be accepted as a child of God. A fuller interpretation of this parable is here.....http://www.researchersoftruth.org/teach ... odigal-son
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

could Adam and Eve have been allegory? I mean the fall happen but the way it happen could have been different?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

UsagiTsukino wrote:could Adam and Eve have been allegory? I mean the fall happen but the way it happen could have been different?
I don't think so simply because they are spoken about as real people, there is even a lineage chronology based on them being real people.
You don't do that will allegory.