Evidence for theistic evolution

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

Post by Proinsias »

Audie:

I've been following the thread and agree with pretty much all you say, I didn't miss the topic, just felt compelled to type when seeing the resurrection of Christ compared to the Roman Empire. It seems akin to comparing the existence of the British Empire to the authenticity of Shakespeare.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by Audie »

Proinsias wrote:Audie:

I've been following the thread and agree with pretty much all you say, I didn't miss the topic, just felt compelled to type when seeing the resurrection of Christ compared to the Roman Empire. It seems akin to comparing the existence of the British Empire to the authenticity of Shakespeare.

Ok just so you dont think I made such a comparison.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Proinsias »

All is well, carry on.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Evolution is true but science doesn't do truth?Enough said.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Proinsias »

Did anyone say evolution is true?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Proinsias wrote:Did anyone say evolution is true?
It is taught and believed by the majority of scientists as scientific truth.You know it,Audie knows it too.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

There would not be such a problem with evolution if it was said first understand that evolution is just a scientific theory and not true science but it isn't, it is taught as scientific truth in society.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Still no scientific evidence that demonstrates life evolves,all you get is insults about not being educated about evolution like you must be educated and indoctrinated about evolution to understand it.I appreciate a few trying to present evidence but I showed that I know about evolution and the evidence used as evidence for it by explaining how it shows us life does not evolve even though it is evidence used as evidence.Based on the evidence it proves and shows everybody life does not evolve.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Audie needs to understand the difference between life evolving and what it means and life adapting and what it means and variations in reproduction and what it means because one is not shown and two are.You cannot use variations in reproduction and life adapting as evidence life evolves yet this is what they do and assume the rest while telling you it is evolving. Life cannot evolve based on variations in reproduction and life adapting and you cannot assume the rest,but they do.

Dogs were bread from wolves long before Charles Darwin so animal breeders knew you can breed for specific traits,etc but this is not evidence life evolves at all and yet this is what they use as evidence that life evolves.Since when did reproduction become evidence life evolves? Are you telling me that if you breed for a fast race horse the horse evolved?Or if two horses on their own in the wild reproduce a faster or stronger horse,etc are you telling us the horse evolved?Well according to scientists it did.It is a trick by the devil Satan the father of lies like I said.

Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

abelcainsbrother wrote:There would not be such a problem with evolution if it was said first understand that evolution is just a scientific theory and not true science but it isn't, it is taught as scientific truth in society.
Scientific theory IS true science.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:There would not be such a problem with evolution if it was said first understand that evolution is just a scientific theory and not true science but it isn't, it is taught as scientific truth in society.

Ken
That is what they say but evidence would make a scientific theory true science.I don't know if you've done it yourself but there are other areas in science where the evidence makes it true and you can look into it and find evidence for them but not when it comes to evolution.I mean it does seem like a lot of evidence for evolution but if you take the time to wade through it you realize the lack of evidence life evolves.I've done it and think other people should too. But before you do it you need to learn how to focus on evidence for truth because if evidence is'nt important to you then you can believe anything you choose to.

Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
That is what they say but evidence would make a scientific theory true science.I don't know if you've done it yourself but there are other areas in science where the evidence makes it true and you can look into it and find evidence for them but not when it comes to evolution.I mean it does seem like a lot of evidence for evolution but if you take the time to wade through it you realize the lack of evidence life evolves.I've done it and think other people should too.
Perhaps if you did some studying and learned what evolution actually is, you would realize evolution does happen.

Ken
RickD wrote
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
That is what they say but evidence would make a scientific theory true science.I don't know if you've done it yourself but there are other areas in science where the evidence makes it true and you can look into it and find evidence for them but not when it comes to evolution.I mean it does seem like a lot of evidence for evolution but if you take the time to wade through it you realize the lack of evidence life evolves.I've done it and think other people should too.
Perhaps if you did some studying and learned what evolution actually is, you would realize evolution does happen.

Ken
I don't rationalize it I go be evidence.Does life evolve or not,what does the evidence show?It shows either life adapting that never evolves or variations in reproduction with no life evolving.Don't rationalize,that is another word for assume,instead go by the evidence.You know the insects adapt to survive the pesticide but do not evolve and yet you somehow assume they did.Why?

Audie
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by Audie »

Kenny wrote:

Ken
I keep hearing of evolution being taught as "scientific truth".
Anything can happen, but Ive yet to see anyone produce an example
of that bit of stupidity.

Anecdotes of what someone thinks they heard years ago wont do.

I dont think anyone can meet the challenge. Your friend there sure
wont.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Audie wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
I keep hearing of evolution being taught as "scientific truth".
Anything can happen, but Ive yet to see anyone produce an example
of that bit of stupidity.

Anecdotes of what someone thinks they heard years ago wont do.

I dont think anyone can meet the challenge. Your friend there sure
wont.
I have heard the overwhelming evidence that supports evolution makes it the closest thing to actual proof. Perhaps this is what they are talking about

Ken
RickD wrote