Westboro Church

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Westboro Church

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Not sure but are the views of this so called church Biblical? I mean it seems they are more bent on hate than love.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1881975/westbo ... s-funeral/

I mean that have picketed other things.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Westboro Church

Post by Storyteller »

They dont worship a God I recognise.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Some of the views expressed here I would put in the same category.

The WBC use God's word to oppress others, it's just that they are more open about it.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Matthew 7:21-23 springs to mind.
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

Considering Phelps was in the tank for a certain political party that has been on the side of the gay rights lobby, the cynic in me wonders if these people aren't just a false flag?