Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Byblos »

Hi Audie and welcome. y>:D<
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:Kind of a late introduction, anyone inclined to already knows more about me than might usually go into an intro.

Im going to do a bit of soul baring, here now that I've seen how people are here and recognize that nobody would make me regret it.

Im not a person happy or at home in my own skin. A few years ago I stood on a balcony 17 floors above Cloud View Road, in Hong Kong, ready to step off. We dont have guns there, but everyone has a balcony. I only didnt do it because I owe it to my Mom to stay alive.

I was tired of living way down inside myself.

Early in my membership here, I showed a photo not entirely unlike me, but not of myself, to another member, said it was me. I guess if I really liked myself I'd not have, it wouldnt have occurred to me to do that. It was a famous movie actress photo, not much of a disguise.. but still. Im so embarrassed.

I've tried to be unemotional in discussions with people here, but emotional stability isnt my number one strength.

And, having been subjected to extreme abuse by a man, I've unfortunately reacted by being suspicious of, hostile towards, distrusting of men, in general. Anything that feels like someone dehumanizing, putting me down, bullying or coercing in any way tends to get an extreme reaction from me.

I feel like I've mostly kept it under control but it leaks into my posts, anyway.

Im sorry Im like that, and Im sorry for such feelings I have hurt.
I dont really mean it, and its about me, not about others.
Audie,

I'm glad you feel at home enough here to be able to share that with us. It seems like a big step for you to be able to open up like that with us.

Since that was your official introduction, I officially welcome you(you know you've been welcome all along).

So here's an official welcome hug. y>:D< :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

And hug from me too y>:D<

And a rose for you y@};-
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

I would hug you, too, but being sick and all . . . settle for a fistbump? Image

;)

Glad to have you with us, and glad you think enough of us to be able to share so openly. I think I speak for more than myself when I say that I don't take that lightly. God bless you, Audie.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Rob
Valued Member

Post by Rob »

Glad you're here, Audie. It's a better place with you here.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:Kind of a late introduction, anyone inclined to already knows more about me than might usually go into an intro.

Im going to do a bit of soul baring, here now that I've seen how people are here and recognize that nobody would make me regret it.

Im not a person happy or at home in my own skin. A few years ago I stood on a balcony 17 floors above Cloud View Road, in Hong Kong, ready to step off. We dont have guns there, but everyone has a balcony. I only didnt do it because I owe it to my Mom to stay alive.

Early in my membership here, I showed a photo not entirely unlike me, but not of myself, to another member, said it was me. I guess if I really liked myself I'd not have, it wouldnt have occurred to me to do that. It was a famous movie actress photo, not much of a disguise.. but still. Im so embarrassed.

I've tried to be unemotional in discussions with people here, but emotional stability isnt my number one strength.

And, having been subjected to extreme abuse by a man, I've unfortunately reacted by being suspicious of, hostile towards, distrusting of men, in general. Anything that feels like someone dehumanizing, putting me down, bullying or coercing in any way tends to get an extreme reaction from me.

I feel like I've mostly kept it under control but it leaks into my posts, anyway.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. y>:D<

Min, as much as we go at each other at times in discussions, please always know its just our difference of beliefs.
I get so very passionate about God, and people get so very passionate about not God/gods if you will.

I really like you as a person and you've been a blessing to my life (you know more about the details of what I mean).
You're definitely an asset at this board and I'd be very sad if you left or ever felt unwelcome.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Audie, thank you y@};-
You are brave and inspiring

"Vulnerability is our most accurate measurement of courage"
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

We are all broken, I am glad you are still with us. y>:D<
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

Just to echo what others have said Min, you are an asset to this forum and I am extremely glad you`re with us on here.

You challenge me to think about what I believe, and why. I like your posts and you`re a smart, caring, thoughtful person. I`m glad I know you.

You might be spiky at times but your heart of gold shines through it all.

Thank you for sharing and for trusting us all enough to open up to us like you do.

((((((((((((((Min))))))))))))))

A x
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BTW, who is Min? Isn't your name Audie? y:-?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:BTW, who is Min? Isn't your name Audie? y:-?

Its kinda like "Storyteller" may not be an actual first name. She does, after all, sign a pm with a different name. People are like, totally weird that way, dnot you think?

Possibly Abelcainbrother is not a given name, rather than a forum name, but one cant be too sure. :D
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:

Its kinda like "Storyteller" may not be an actual first name. She does, after all, sign a pm with a different name. People are like, totally weird that way, dnot you think?

Possibly Abelcainbrother is not a given name, rather than a forum name, but one cant be too sure. :D
Sure. I just thought your real name was Audie. Like my name is Rick.

Do you prefer to be called Audie, Min, or either?

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Is "either" even a name? :econfused:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Is "either" even a name? :econfused:
Yes. I went to school with twins named Either and Neither.

I'll just call her AudieMinEither. :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

Sure. I just thought your real name was Audie. Like my name is Rick.

Do you prefer to be called Audie, Min, or either?
Not too far off on the "real name". I adopted Audie as my "American name" when I thought that was cool. Like in high school.

Audie or Min is fine, either/ Either (one) :D