Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Welcome Rebecca—it's good to have you join us. :)

Kurieuo.
...In Heaven...
Acquainted Member

RE:

Post by ...In Heaven... »

Hey guys! I'm Matt, and I found this site through some webpages affiliated with DoesGodExist.org (one site that really helped me get closer to God) the wonderful Reasons.org, and so forth.

I'm a 17 year old boy from Las Vegas, Nevada. I enjoy playing video games, listening to and writing music, watching movies and making my own films, sharing stuff with people, and writing stories. I love Jesus Christ and am trying to start studying the bible but I am struggling with suicide and other problems so it has been very difficult. I lost my cousin June 22nd to an accidental medicine overdose, and I haven't had much contact with other Christians online or in real life (I dont really have any friends). So I came here to find comfort and help.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Felgar »

Welcome IH. It's great that you're actively seeking God, and to the extent that we can, we are certainly happy to help. I also encourage you to become involved with a good church though - there's no replacement for good face-to-face fellowship with other genuine Christians.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

I say "hi" to all too. And Matt, I hope we can do you some good as Brothers and Sisters. Silvertusk and Lavanderfire and Becky too. I s'pose I'm a little late on some of those. Apolgies.
XenonII
Established Member

Post by XenonII »

Hey been here a few weeks but thought i'd post in here now...better late than never. lol

I'm Chris 25 years old from Australia, i've been interested in Christianity seriously for a little over 4 years now, after I had my first spirtual experience shortly after reading the Bible! Although I still have a lack of faith at times that i'm trying to overcome. :roll:

I also have a few personal problems at the mo and suffer from depression aswell as other mental disorders. Not even sure if I have Jesus in my life (wonder why he would want anything to do with me, I feel so useless a lot of the time lol) as I've heard the devil can appear to you in like a bright white light pretending to be the holy spirit and a couple of people online say that's what's happened to me. :shock:

I'm also an Astral Projector, I saw it mentioned so I thought i'd mention my ability, quite by accident it just started happening one day after another weird experience I won't go into detail here lol and i've done it probably a couple dozen of times since, nothing since April but i'm hoping to have another episode tonight! :twisted: Is it really of the devil or is it ok and is it proof of the soul and it's existance independent of the body. Someone told me when you do it evil spirits are moving in and out of you.

Anyway I hope to make some sense of it all, strengthen my faith and walk through this life in Christ. :D
d00d
Newbie Member

Post by d00d »

Hi there! I'm from Portugal, and I am currently seeking my own spirituality... You can say I am seeking God. I have gone, at one time or another, to different churches to see how things are in those churches... these include Evangelic, Maná, IURD (translation from the acronym is universal church of kingdom of god - it is well known in Portugal and Brasil), Catholic of course, etc. I have read some parts of the Bible (around some 40% maybe) and from time to time I talk with my friends of other religions so they can clear my doubts. Anyway I came to the forum to try and clear some of the doubts that I cannot find the answer.
Blob
Established Member

Post by Blob »

Hello!

I'm not religious and never have been. But recently I have been more often in the company of religious people and have even found myself dragged to church through social obligation. As such am interested in "researching" what christians are like. (I mean christians as opposed to christianity, if you see what I mean. For the latter I can just read websites and books.)

I'm afraid I've no interest in becoming religious myself but you will find I am polite and courteous if you give me a chance.
sweden78
Acquainted Member

Post by sweden78 »

hi,

I´m Lars from sweden. I´m 26 and studying at the university. we don´t really go to church in scandinavia so I thought I´d come here to see what christianity is really like. I heard fred phelbs on the radio once, that´s what really got me interested in religion. it wasn´t like I didn´t know anything before, but fred pretty much inspired me to really start learning what religion is all about and the effect of it. it sure is a big and serious issue, no doubt.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

sweden78 wrote:hi,

I´m Lars from sweden. I´m 26 and studying at the university. we don´t really go to church in scandinavia so I thought I´d come here to see what christianity is really like. I heard fred phelbs on the radio once, that´s what really got me interested in religion. it wasn´t like I didn´t know anything before, but fred pretty much inspired me to really start learning what religion is all about and the effect of it. it sure is a big and serious issue, no doubt.
Now you are reversing your statements, you come on here, blast us with your no-God evolution and now you talk about religion?
sweden78
Acquainted Member

Post by sweden78 »

please ban this teenage rant who can´t behave. :? I AM interested in religion, that´s why I´m here. now get of my back. you have no manners at all. see it as an opportunity to spread your knowledge to an atheist.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

sweden78 wrote:hi,

Well, you have a religion, so you should already know what it's all about.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
sweden78
Acquainted Member

Post by sweden78 »

I don´t have a religion. atheism is no religion at all.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

sweden78 wrote:I don´t have a religion. atheism is no religion at all.
Atheism is a religion....atheism means belief that God doesn't exist. It's a religion for the many of the same reasons Christianity is a religion. You're in denial :wink:

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
sweden78
Acquainted Member

Post by sweden78 »

oh man.. no. atheism is not a religion . you can look up the word for yourself.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

What makes something a religion? I know the current definitions include belief in a supernatural power...but that's a rather biased definition. But the definition of faith says faith and reason are separate, even though reason is based on faith.

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous