My journey

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: My journey

Post by Storyteller »

:D

Will do Byblos. I am totally open to being proved wrong. But, I don't need to prove God exists, I know He does.

The very fact that no one has yet proven He doesn't is pretty telling in itself don't you think?

Paul... did you go to the races? I used to ride reacehorses.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes

Post by 1over137 »

Storyteller wrote:Of course, or tell me where you live and we can do a house swap :)
Would be cool.

We have here nice small vineyard.
We are 25kms from Bratislava. Nearest small mountains 10 minutes by car. No ocean.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I am so glad you have found Jesus and are growing as a christian.I would like to encourage you to read the bible you have because the word of God is our sword and we all need sharpened swords when the enemy attacks.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Thank you abel, I will, I am. :)

God bless.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I never wanted to be called a `Christian'

I dont know Scripture but I do know God, and Christ.

I believe in God, everything else is just. detail.

I feel it, I cant explain it, I dont need to.

I dont know the passages but I do get the message.

God is everything.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Storyteller wrote:I never wanted to be called a `Christian'
Neither did I.
Storyteller wrote:I dont know Scripture but I do know God, and Christ.
OK...would it be fair to say that you're in the Honeymoon Stage?
Storyteller wrote:I believe in God, everything else is just. detail.
That's a good start.
Storyteller wrote:I feel it, I cant explain it, I dont need to.
Not everyone wants to explain stuff. Preach the Gospel, use words if you have to is a quote from the Bible. You are on the right track.
Storyteller wrote:I dont know the passages but I do get the message.
I like The Message as well. About the only version that I find tedious is the KJV.
Storyteller wrote:God is everything.
uh....NO! we are not God, nor are we part of Him...but if you mean "He is all that matters" then, yes, I would agree. (I agree in theory, because I'm not there yet.)

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

He is everything. We are everthing. We are part of Him. We have to be, because it matters so much.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Wonderful beginning Storyteller. i believe Lazarus is correct, it's the honeymoon phase. But this is the place where you find and store all the meaningful and long lasting memories from which will spring a remarkable fully bloomed Christian. Surely God will move you as He will and each and every day to be an adventure in light and love.

With trials, sure to come, it doesn't get easier, but with perseverance, it gets better. It looks like you have some great friends in here already to help along the way.

Happy trails :)
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Storyteller wrote:
He is everything. We are everthing. We are part of Him. We have to be, because it matters so much.
That isn't orthodox Christianity. That sounds like panentheism, or pan-en-theism, all-(Pan) in-(en) God (theos). Perhaps, I'm misunderstanding you. In any event, God and His creation are not One; God is separate from His creation.

FL :lookingcloser:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I just want to share.

that adventure.
its beautiful.

I would love to be remarkable.

And here I hesitate,

In my belief
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
That isn't orthodox Christianity. That sounds like panentheism, or pan-en-theism, all-(Pan) in-(en) God (theos). Perhaps, I'm misunderstanding you. In any event, God and His creation are not One; God is separate from His creation.

FL :lookingcloser:
_
But we have God in us through the Holy Spirit.

He lives in us.

We are made in His image.

Not seperate, hiw can He be?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

DON'T HESITATE!

She who hesitates is lost.

Opportunity knocks but once. Temptation leans on the doorbell.

FL :D

+ + +

+ + +
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

God cant be seperate.

If He was, it wouldnt matter, and we wouldnt care.

But we do.

Thank God.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Praise the Lord! Storyteller I think you will find that the more you question and the more you learn the more you want to learn.I still want to learn and so it is good to question things just make sure the best you can to make sure it lines up with the bible.This is why it is not boring being a Christian if you like to learn about Christianity there is so much you can dive into.

I have changed my mind many times along my journey as a Christian and I always try to go by this piece of scripture "Let God be true and every man a liar" I always try to go by this to the best of my abilities when I have looked into and researched different things.I have pretty much researched every creation theory out there to come to my preferred theory and even if I'm in the minority, I feel good because there is still too much I agree about with my brothers and sisters in Christ and I still learn things from them.

Also it is true God cannot be proven or the bible too but don't overlook the evidence we already know about that does enhance our faith like the shroud.I don't believe we will ever have every question we have answered in this life but once we get to heaven we can know then.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I have already learnt so much and there is so much left to learn. I don`t think we will ever learn it all, not in this lifetime anyway.
Right now, I am still building my faith. I am confident and secure in my belief, as simple as it is. I believe in God, and Christ. I am developing a personal relationship with Him through prayer. I am intrigued by the Catholic Mysteries, they reach me deep down in my soul and through them I am understanding so much more.
I am totally undecided on OEC/YEC/Gap theory and although I am interested in the arguments for them, and the argument for evolution, none of them affect my faith.
At the moment I can`t back up my beliefs through Scripture nor do I really feel I need to.
A good friend pointed out that it is not always by our word that we can change people but by what we do and how we are.
I am enthralled by the shroud. I think there is some pretty powerful stuff surrounding that and NDE experiences too.

To clarify an earlier point I really do feel that God is both seperate from us but part of us too, or we are part of Him. I think returning to Him will be like going home to where it all becomes clear and makes sense.

The little I have read of the Bible (I am halfway through Matthew) is slowly sinking in. I read it and try and figure out what it means to me. I think that`s all we can do. God shows us the Truth.