Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Eternal Security...

Post by Storyteller »

Awwww jpbg.

So you do have a sense of humour!

psst... it's it not is too :)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:Awwww jpbg.

So you do have a sense of humour!

psst... it's it not is too :)
And while we're at it, it should be "spell well". :ssorry:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

A sense of hummer but very dense I don't get "it's it not is too"

I was told once I speak English but I sure don't write it.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Hang on, I'll show you in my next post.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

jpbg33 wrote:Not being able to spell well doesn't mean you are not smart but is sure makes you look dumb.
Should read Not being able to spell well doesn't mean you are not smart but it sure makes you look dumb.

So..

it's it not is, see?
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

I get it now sort of like that plaque that says Jesus but you can't read it when you first look at it, but once you see it then its very obvious.
Last edited by jpbg33 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

or like the triangle with paris in the the springtime in it..

and its spelled plaque ;)

on a serious note though, your spelling, puncuation and grammar doesn't really mater, it's what you say thst counts x
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

I looked for that on google but I couldn't find it so I left it that way

I use google for spell check

I guess I need to get back on topic.
So back to my last topical comment. I just wonted to let everyone know that I wasn't trying to belittle anyone or make anyone mad.

with that said I don't believe people are necessarily wrong in believing you can't loose your salvation but I hate the idea that it doesn't matter what you do after you are saved your going to go to heaven. I think if you are a Christian it will matter to you and you will try and live right all the time we may make mistakes but we will keep trying to do right and if we stop living right then maybe we were not saved in the first place. Ether that or we backslide.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

On a side note, I just found six views on Salvation......

1. The legal view says that man can be saved by good works and by living a clean moral life.

2. The semi-legal view says man must be saved by faith in Christ plus good works.

3. Socrates and many of the philosophers held an intellectual view, which purports that a man is good if he is a wise man, and that only the wise are in favor with the gods.

4. The Jews believed the biological view, supposing that they would inherit salvation by birth; that they were automatically in the Kingdom of God because they were Israelites.

5. The denominational view of salvation is held by certain church members who believe that a person has to be in their particular denomination or church.

6. The spiritual or biblical view says that salvation is received by faith alone (Eph. 2:8-9).
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
dfnj
Recognized Member

Post by dfnj »

christianwarrior wrote:Anyways there is a question you could ask someone if you want to know if they have put their trust in Christ. If you were to die tonight and had to stand before God, what would you say to Him when He asks you why He should let you into heaven? Most of the nonbelievers would answer something along the lines of being a good person, their works, going to church, etc. This question is not perfect as some believers might get tripped up by the question and a non-believer well versed in Scripture might give you the right answer. Still the question is worth asking in most cases.
The more profound question is how far are you willing to go with your own faith. Is being a fan of the words in the Bible going to be good enough? When you stand before God, are you willing to believe he will use his omnipotent powers of forgiveness and let you through the gates of heaven regardless of your earthly sins? Of course God will forgive you. It's easy to have faith in an omnipotent being. But having faith in the people around you is much harder. Having faith in yourself is ultimately the hardest faith of all. What if standing in front of face of God, in his mirror of perfect reflection, we re-experience the full depth of all our sins from the deepest possible perspective. Then the real question becomes, at that moment, are we willing to forgive ourselves for our own sins when we see ourselves for who we really are as we are looking into the face of God? Regardless of our choice, it is impossible for us to imagine the depth of the horrors evil will experience as evil looks into the face of God. If the face of God is so penetrating then maybe the ultimate path to salvation for each of us comes from being responsible for our own absolution.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

On the biblical way the bible say if your faith has no works then it is dead don't forget that your faith according to the bible can die. I believe in the whole biblical one.

his is what the bible says" Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.".

this says in the past we live sinful but by God grace he gave us the ability to live right and it was ordained that we should live right.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

When someone is born he cannot be unborn at a later date.

When someone is born-again he cannot be unborn-again at a later date, let alone be born-again-again at an even a later date. This idea is not mentioned anywhere in the bible. The second birth is the birth in Spirit.

John 3:3 “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again”

After we are saved (born-again and receive the holy spirit), God no longer deals with us as sinners but as sons. [Hebrews 12:5-8]

In God's eyes when we get saved we are perfect forever [Hebrews 10:14], justified (made as if we had never sinned [ Romans 3:24-28; 5:1,9; Acts 13:39]), and sanctified [I Corinthians 1:2; 6:11; II Thessalonians 2:13], as far as our salvation is concerned.

When we get saved we are placed into the body of Christ [Romans 12:5; I Corinthians 12:13; Galatians 3:28; Ephesians 2:21-22].

Not only are we kept by God's power but we CANNOT come into condemnation [John 5:24; Romans 8:1]; we are NOT condemned [John 3:18].

God gives the Holy Spirit to every believer when we get saved [John 7:38-39; Ephesians 1:12-13; I John 4:13] as the earnest (down payment [II Corinthians 1:22; 5:5]) of his promise to take us to heaven and give us our inheritance [ Ephesians 1:13-14]. We can only be unsaved if we do not have the Holy Spirit [Romans 8:9], which means we would have to lose the Holy Spirit to get lost again; but the Bible says we are SEALED by and with the Holy Spirit UNTIL the day of redemption [II Corinthians 1:21-22; Ephesians 1:12-13; 4:30]. The Holy Spirit can be quenched [I Thessalonians 5:19] or grieved [Ephesians 4:30] but not lost.

We will not be perfect until we get to heaven, and we may be disobedient, but we cannot lose our salvation. We can still fall, but not so as to be eternally lost, for the Lord upholds us [Proverbs 24:16; Psalms 37:24-25; 145:14].
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Audie
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

jpbg33 wrote:Not being able to spell well doesn't mean you are not smart but it sure makes you look dumb.

Not so much if a person says sensible things, cares enough to use spell check, and otherwise makes an effort. It is like
brushing your hair, dressing neatly and generally showing some self respect in public.

It is not showing respect for readers to present an unintelligible mess.
If a person doesn't show respect for himself or others, he should hardly
be surprised or self righteous about it if people dont respect his posts.
dfnj
Recognized Member

Post by dfnj »

jpbg33 wrote:I'm not trying to discourage anyone from believing what they believe is right but someone told me a story of an atheist that said if he believed others were going to hell if they were not saved then he would be screaming at the top of his lungs for people to get saved but cense we are not doing that then we must not really believe it our selves so why should he. I have though of that for some time and he is right and I don't wont anyone to go to hell. So I'm telling everyone I can the best I know how.
So if I am wrong well I'll see y'all all in heaven
but if I'm right I screamed as loud as I could.
that was funny see I do make big mistakes
You can't say the World is flat as part of your orthodoxy and have people take your belief system seriously. I don't know where the line is today on various positions of the Church. Please forgive me for saying this but you would think if the philosophy and the teachings of the Church as they stand now were so great then there would be a greater percentage of the population drawn into the system. I'm not sure what the answer is to make the teachings of Christ more accessible and meaningful in people's lives. I do think with the utmost reverence for those people who are concerned and involved there probably needs to be some self reflection on what it means to be a successful advocate of Christ.
There are an estimated 285,480,000 Evangelicals, corresponding to 13.1% of the Christian population and 4.1% of the total world population.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Audie wrote:
jpbg33 wrote:Not being able to spell well doesn't mean you are not smart but it sure makes you look dumb.

Not so much if a person says sensible things, cares enough to use spell check, and otherwise makes an effort. It is like
brushing your hair, dressing neatly and generally showing some self respect in public.

It is not showing respect for readers to present an unintelligible mess.
If a person doesn't show respect for himself or others, he should hardly
be surprised or self righteous about it if people dont respect his posts.
It is not respectful to readers to be so nasty in a completely unprovoked exchange, especially highlighted by the fact that the person was showing a level of vulnerability.
So you just felt like it, real nice.
Guess your English professor mother never taught you if you have nothing nice to say keep your damn mouth shut!

You think this guy hasn't experienced this sh*t numerous times in his life, guaranteed he has. That's just people for you though isn't it. I would like to think this forum is a place where anyone can come and share, sure be challenged on their ideas and beliefs but not in this way.

Now I could be completely wrong but our friend here shows some classic symptoms of primary dyslexia. It is genetic. They are right brain predominant thinkers which not only makes spelling, reading, writing difficult, but also subtleties in language that we easily pick up are not identified. What can be viewed as naivety, stupidity ect is especially in this type of written communication environment because the brain can't as easily pick up on it. They are not stupid or naive. They are not less intelligent, they are not lazy needing to just apply themselves, it is how their brain is wired and processes information.

Whether I'm right or wrong regarding this is irrelevant. We shouldn't use a person's vulnerabilities to belittle them.
I'm sorry I have never been the kind of person who can sit by and watch that happen, I have lost friends over it and that's a price I'm willing to pay.