Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Think we have a troll. I don't know Mr Squible. :troll2:
Are you sure? He sounds Australian because of his accent. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Squible
Established Member

Post by Squible »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Think we have a troll. I don't know Mr Squible. :troll2:
Are you sure? He sounds Australian because of his accent. :mrgreen:
See.. It's not me you have to watch. :)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Well, we're not really related. Did you miss he's my "in law"?
Methinks an Anarchy-based system is looking more appealing to me.

Ahh... fine. Welcome Squible. Godspeed.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
christianwarrior
Familiar Member

Post by christianwarrior »

Hi, I am Timothy Yung. I am a young adult in my 20s, I live in a region of California where it is a missionary field. I became a Christian when I was 18. When I first became a Christian, I was gung-ho about talking to people about Christ however I was not skilled at it. For example I was talking to a couple of Muslims and they asked me questions that I could not answer. I also had the experience of being in a history class where the instructor said that there was no historical evidence that Jesus ever existed. Unlike in the movie, God's Not Dead, rather than speak up I remained silent. I had no idea how to counter what he said. Which, by the way is not true at all. http://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient ... an-sources When I was in college, William Lane Craig, gave a presentation about Reasonable Faith, it was around that time I started to realize the importance of defending the faith, before I would just share my testimony (now I try to do both apologetics and my testimony). Two years later I went to a presentation by Frank Turek. They are both great defenders of the faith. Over the past year I have been doing my own postings on Facebook about why I believe what I believe. The recent posts I have done at this forum all come from my Facebook. It is great that there are so many websites that have materials to defend the faith. Here are some of the ones I use:
ReasonableFaith.Org (William Lane Craig)
I Don't Have Enough to be an Atheist (book by Norm Geisler and Frank Turek)
CARM.Org
ChristianAnswers.Net
GodAndScience.Org (This website!)
GotQuestions.Org
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Welcome christianwarrior.
Good to have you here.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

christianwarrior wrote:Hi, I am Timothy Yung. I am a young adult in my 20s, I live in a region of California where it is a missionary field. I became a Christian when I was 18. When I first became a Christian, I was gung-ho about talking to people about Christ however I was not skilled at it. For example I was talking to a couple of Muslims and they asked me questions that I could not answer. I also had the experience of being in a history class where the instructor said that there was no historical evidence that Jesus ever existed. Unlike in the movie, God's Not Dead, rather than speak up I remained silent. I had no idea how to counter what he said. Which, by the way is not true at all. http://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient ... an-sources When I was in college, William Lane Craig, gave a presentation about Reasonable Faith, it was around that time I started to realize the importance of defending the faith, before I would just share my testimony (now I try to do both apologetics and my testimony). Two years later I went to a presentation by Frank Turek. They are both great defenders of the faith. Over the past year I have been doing my own postings on Facebook about why I believe what I believe. The recent posts I have done at this forum all come from my Facebook. It is great that there are so many websites that have materials to defend the faith. Here are some of the ones I use:
CARM.Org
ChristianAnswers.Net
GotQuestions.Org

Welcome brother my song to you.Servin the Father.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cSbsxNPKv2M
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

christianwarrior wrote:Hi, I am Timothy Yung. I am a young adult in my 20s, I live in a region of California where it is a missionary field. I became a Christian when I was 18. When I first became a Christian, I was gung-ho about talking to people about Christ however I was not skilled at it. For example I was talking to a couple of Muslims and they asked me questions that I could not answer. I also had the experience of being in a history class where the instructor said that there was no historical evidence that Jesus ever existed. Unlike in the movie, God's Not Dead, rather than speak up I remained silent. I had no idea how to counter what he said. Which, by the way is not true at all. http://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient ... an-sources When I was in college, William Lane Craig, gave a presentation about Reasonable Faith, it was around that time I started to realize the importance of defending the faith, before I would just share my testimony (now I try to do both apologetics and my testimony). Two years later I went to a presentation by Frank Turek. They are both great defenders of the faith. Over the past year I have been doing my own postings on Facebook about why I believe what I believe. The recent posts I have done at this forum all come from my Facebook. It is great that there are so many websites that have materials to defend the faith. Here are some of the ones I use:
CARM.Org
ChristianAnswers.Net
GotQuestions.Org
Welcome to the discussion board!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Welcome!
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

:wave:
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
DonkeyJaw
Newbie Member

Post by DonkeyJaw »

Hi everyone.

I am a mid-thirties guy in Alabama who just joined this board today after finding through a comment on another message board.
I am a born again believer and here to learn more in the apologetic arena. Recent interests are Islam so David Wood, Jay Smith, Nabeel Querishi (spelling?) and a few others have been on my radar and computer.

Also very interested in Creationism (first threads I read were the YEC ones), faith/grace/works/holiness/righteousness/once saved always saved topics and several others. Looking forward to reading a lot and participating. Glad to be here and I will try to learn the site nuances :esmile:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the board, DonkeyJaw. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Welcome. :wave:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Welcome aboard. Love the avatar. Brought me "home" and a big smile to my face. :D
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

Not sure how to describe myself really, I believe absolutely in God or some kind of divine power. I want to, and do, accept Jesus as my Saviour, I just don't feel it somehow :esad:
I ache for God but if he's talking to me then I can't hear him yet.

I have so many questions and fears.

Stumbled here quite by accident, think maybe this is how I can learn how to communicate with God.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Storyteller wrote:Not sure how to describe myself really, I believe absolutely in God or some kind of divine power. I want to, and do, accept Jesus as my Saviour, I just don't feel it somehow :esad:
I ache for God but if he's talking to me then I can't hear him yet.

I have so many questions and fears.

Stumbled here quite by accident, think maybe this is how I can learn how to communicate with God.

Hey sister, Welcome

Ask as many questions as you dare. :mrgreen:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.