What is Biblical faith and the will of God

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
PetriFB
Familiar Member
Christian: No

What is Biblical faith and the will of God

Post by PetriFB »

Different churches, denominations and believers have various interpretations and teachings for the Biblical faith. Among those comprehensions are healthy and wrong teachings.

I try to handle this teaching primarily in the light of the Bible. The purpose is to study that what the Bible teaches for the faith in accordance with the Bible. In this teaching, I also study that in a what way the faith appears in the Bible. The purpose is not grubbed wrong teachings, but examine the Biblical faith.

It is obvious that when we study the Biblical faith, so we understand how distorting faith leads harmful consequences. Test my teaching in the light of the Bible by the prayer. My teaching is not all-inclusive for this topic, but it works as the signpost that you personally begin profoundly to study the Bible and search the will of God.

The whole article is behind the link: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/biblicalfaith.html
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: What is Biblical faith and the will of God

Post by 1over137 »

God doesn't send spiritual baby to the battlefield, but equips him that he is prepared and is capable of to work according to those gifts and anointment that God has given for him.
What am I doing here? :shock:

:baby:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1over137 wrote:
God doesn't send spiritual baby to the battlefield, but equips him that he is prepared and is capable of to work according to those gifts and anointment that God has given for him.

Big Papa called - You were drafted... :cheers:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Precondition for success of the work of God's Kingdom is that believers pray that the will of God would happen, and that we walk and do timely it that what is the will of God. Apostle Paul said that he didn't run as uncertainly beating the air. He didn't act rashly and hurry up to travel to Rome, but he prayed and request that he will go when it is the will of God to go.

This matter speaks very powerfully my heart. Very often many believers pray some thing, wanting that it is from God, and they are doing it. And often very soon their work comes to a sudden stop either quarrels or that their work hadn't any precondition success, because it is not the will of God, but they thought that it would be. If things hadn't taken in prayers before God and hadn't got assurance that it is the will of God, so it will collapse, because it has not acceptance of God.
Agreement.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

1over137 wrote:

From the link:
When God gives a calling, so He equips a believer that he can serve in that ministry. A believer shall grow in faith from the grace of God to work and act according to calling that God has given for him. Too often some believers are too impatient to wait for preparation to ministry and for this reason, they start to do too early the things that they are not yet prepared and ready. When he starts to serve in a ministry unprepared, so he always mixes up, cause to confuse and breaks the hearts of the people, because he has no ability to serve in that ministry.

Wait for the time of God, that He has prepared and equipped you to do and serve in the ministry that He has given for you before you begin to serve God by that ministry. Many believers have hurry to save the world and serve God, but they don't want to wait the time and schedule of God.
Actually, it's like getting equipment while being on this forum. And am not really preaching here. Many times am waiting for some atheist to appear and then ask him questions. Yes, they want answers, but I do not need to pretend I have them all. I often try to encourage them to explore areas I believe they need to explore.

And yes, I need to pray for God giving me wisdom and right words to say.

#foreverinmyheart
PetriFB
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Post by PetriFB »

1 Cor 1:1  ¶ Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

Paul's apostle ministry was the will of God because God had called him to work as an apostle. When ministry and gifts are given by God and His will, they work in such a way that the mighty works of God come true by them. This also means that the faith works and follows the will of God according to influence of God.

These days, it is a big problem that many believers declare themselves as apostles, preachers, prophets and so on without calling and without the will of God. This means that their ministry is the will of their flesh, not the will of God. Many believers say that they have gifts of God that God has not given to them, but they have thought that in their own flesh or someone has carnally prophesied it to them.

Many believers who have promoted themselves to some ministry without the calling of God are such a kind who criticize and attack others and are incapable of equipping the congregation, but exalt themselves by mocking others. They try to command others and to decide everything that happens in the congregation.

This kind of carnal behavior and action breaks the heart of believers and brings bitterness among them. This matter also has another difficult reverse side because some believers support this carnal action and think that it is real spiritual work even though it is sensual and carnal work.

We have to pay attention to one very important thing. God can give a calling to a believer to be a prophet or an apostle, and call the believer by prophesy, for example. The calling by prophecy is only the consciousness of the ministry, to which God has called the person, but it does not mean that the person is prepared to act as an apostle right from that moment.

When God gives a calling, He equips the believer that he or she can serve in that ministry. The believer shall grow in faith by the grace of God to work and act according to the calling that God has given to him or her. Too often, some believers are too impatient to wait for the preparation to the ministry and for this reason, they start too early to do things that they are not yet prepared and ready for. When the person starts to serve in a ministry unprepared, the person always mixes up things, causes confusion and breaks the hearts of others because the person does not yet have the ability to serve in that ministry.

Wait for the time of God, that He has prepared and equipped you to do and serve in the ministry that He has given to you, before you begin to serve God in that ministry. Many believers are in a  hurry to save the world and serve God, but they don not want to wait for the time and schedule of God.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Yes, God has his schedule and we are to wait for it.

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

PetriFB wrote:Different churches, denominations and believers have various interpretations and teachings for the Biblical faith. Among those comprehensions are healthy and wrong teachings.

I try to handle this teaching primarily in the light of the Bible. The purpose is to study that what the Bible teaches for the faith in accordance with the Bible. In this teaching, I also study that in a what way the faith appears in the Bible. The purpose is not grubbed wrong teachings, but examine the Biblical faith.

It is obvious that when we study the Biblical faith, so we understand how distorting faith leads harmful consequences. Test my teaching in the light of the Bible by the prayer. My teaching is not all-inclusive for this topic, but it works as the signpost that you personally begin profoundly to study the Bible and search the will of God.

The whole article is behind the link: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/biblicalfaith.html
This thread is 11 months old now and I forgot about it.

So....

...What is faith?

...simple:

It is God asking, "Trust me..."

He went beyond the extra mile and came to us us asking, "Just Trust Me."

We see the work of the cross and resurrection saying, "Trust Me."

So PetriFB and all who read this, the Lord is saying to us all, "Just Trust Me."

Learning that trust is life's journey for us on this earthly plain. Each step, a little more trust into surrendering to his full care. He sent forth His Spirit into a believers heart, yet, most keep the Holy Spirit confined to live in a deep dark corner in the basement of their heart. Yet, he calls forth - Trust me. Our lives go through a lot of stuff and chastening until one day we finally let him dwell fully and completely in the whole house and no longer in the forgotten corner of our basement and we say, "I trust..."
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

It seems, big changes may happen in my life. Without trust in God I would not have peace.

#foreverinmyheart