Roman Catholic Church has a pagan roots

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
PetriFB
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Roman Catholic Church has a pagan roots

Post by PetriFB »

Roman Catholic Church (RCC) very often tries to eliminate and defame every person who expose RCC's pagan roots and that its origin is in pagan religions, not in the teaching of the Bible. In the matter of fact, RCC has mixed up Biblical and pagan doctrines. This combination makes from its anti-Christian sect and cult, which doesn't represent Biblical Christianity. RCC has systematically tried to distort evidence that shows clearly wrong doctrines of the RCC and its undisputed connections to paganism. See yourself clear connection of paganism to Catholicism. The site contains also pictorial material: 

http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/catholi ... roots.html

http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/catholi ... oots2.html

First link corrected it is working now!
Last edited by PetriFB on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Roman Catholic Church has a pagan roots

Post by Stu »

It certainly is full of pagan symbolism.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

PetriFB wrote:Roman Catholic Church (RCC) very often tries to eliminate and defame every person who expose RCC's pagan roots and that its origin is in pagan religions, not in the teaching of the Bible. In the matter of fact, RCC has mixed up Biblical and pagan doctrines. This combination makes from its anti-Christian sect and cult, which doesn't represent Biblical Christianity. RCC has systematically tried to distort evidence that shows clearly wrong doctrines of the RCC and its undisputed connections to paganism. See yourself clear connection of paganism to Catholicism. The site contains also pictorial material: 

http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/catholi ... nroots.htm

The very first paragraph in part 2 (part 1 link isn't working) attributes the upside-down cross to satanism. But a cursory search on the subject reveals that the upside-down cross is the symbol of St. Peter (you know, the first pope, the head of the church?), who was crucified upside-down. I mean, really, before you post links ad nauseum, at a minimum, do some fact-checking for goodness' sake. Do I always need to do your homework for you? :shakehead:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Link doesn't work by the way.

Also, those are some pretty big accusations, I assume you have more than just the opinions of a website, right?
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Many think that if christanity in general such as Easter and Christan but I have done some research that both are Christan
Mazzy
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Mazzy »

PetriFB wrote:Roman Catholic Church (RCC) very often tries to eliminate and defame every person who expose RCC's pagan roots and that its origin is in pagan religions, not in the teaching of the Bible. In the matter of fact, RCC has mixed up Biblical and pagan doctrines. This combination makes from its anti-Christian sect and cult, which doesn't represent Biblical Christianity. RCC has systematically tried to distort evidence that shows clearly wrong doctrines of the RCC and its undisputed connections to paganism. See yourself clear connection of paganism to Catholicism. The site contains also pictorial material: 

http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/catholi ... roots.html

First link corrected it is working now!
Unfortunately, every faith either has its roots in Catholicism, is a pop up sect that just made itself up or are a 'no namer' that won't/can't state their faith. If Catholicism has demonic roots, then I am afraid others are much worse.

What is sooooo obvious is the hate that exudes from those that find any straw to use as a justification to hate their fellow believers. Such people wallow in their hatred taking joy in thinking they are righteous. Beware!
Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Rob »

Mazzy wrote: What is sooooo obvious is the hate that exudes from those that find any straw to use as a justification to hate their fellow believers. Such people wallow in their hatred taking joy in thinking they are righteous. Beware!
Is it possible to dislike a lot of the teachings of Catholocism without disliking Catholics? Half my family is Catholic, but I'm not. (Although, I should say they're really only Catholic culturally in that they might go to mass on Christmas and Easter. Maybe.) I think virtually all of my generation on that side are agnostic or atheist now.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

UsagiTsukino wrote:Many think that if christanity in general such as Easter and Christan but I have done some research that both are Christan

Correct.
The only issues I have with Roman Catholicism is it's over emphasis on the clergy, the celibacy vow they have to take, the doctrine of Papal infallibility, the use of "father" to address a priest and the extra sacraments like communion and confirmation ( though I do think that at times confirmation is a good thing).
Mazzy
Valued Member

Post by Mazzy »

PaulSacramento wrote:
UsagiTsukino wrote:Many think that if christanity in general such as Easter and Christan but I have done some research that both are Christan

Correct.
The only issues I have with Roman Catholicism is it's over emphasis on the clergy, the celibacy vow they have to take, the doctrine of Papal infallibility, the use of "father" to address a priest and the extra sacraments like communion and confirmation ( though I do think that at times confirmation is a good thing).
Jesus gave his apostles, in particular Peter, the right to bind in heaven and on earth. One has the choice to do as they are bid by their spiritual leaders or have good insight into the scriptures that they can defend themselves with at the judgement. I also disagree with much the Catholic church binds such as not going to church on Sunday without very good reason being a mortal sin. However, I see myself having risen above bricks and mortar and know from my own reading of the scriptures that this is not Gods thinking. We are 'advised' to keep coming together with other Christians and for good reason. That being we are fortified and strengthene when we sek company with like minded people. However, I do not believe one actually has to go to church to be saved.

You may note that when Jesus got up the Pharasees he called them names, sons of vipers and the like, but at no time did he tell the Jews they were not to do as asked. Jesus's complaint is that the Pharasees did not keep the commands they gave the people. Religious leaders have the power of binding. By that I mean that for the majority, particularly the illiterate, they will live out their faith based on what they are told by leaders, what is acceptable to God and what means you will not be saved. This binds ones conscience until they can discern the scriptures for themselves.

I can pick apart any faith anyone here cares to mention. I believe there isn't even one faith that does not uphold some 'holier than thou' nonsense in its teachings. The Catholic faith was the first congregation, the congregation of God, the congregation that Hades for sure would not overturn. despite the prophesy of the church going into apostasy prior to reinstatement.

What I love most about Catholic castigators is that they rarely will let us know what faith they come from. This to me means they know their own faith has flaws or they are 'no namers' that think they as individuals are the only ones that have got 'it' right and are pleasing to God.
Mazzy
Valued Member

Post by Mazzy »

Rob wrote:
Mazzy wrote: What is sooooo obvious is the hate that exudes from those that find any straw to use as a justification to hate their fellow believers. Such people wallow in their hatred taking joy in thinking they are righteous. Beware!
Is it possible to dislike a lot of the teachings of Catholocism without disliking Catholics? Half my family is Catholic, but I'm not. (Although, I should say they're really only Catholic culturally in that they might go to mass on Christmas and Easter. Maybe.) I think virtually all of my generation on that side are agnostic or atheist now.
So please let me know what your religion is and why it is faultless. I may join up. :)

OR....

Are you an atheist spending time on a religious forum? Why would that be?