Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
User avatar
Servant
Familiar Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:08 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Contact:

Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#1

Post by Servant » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:05 am

2 Corinthians 4:18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Within this thread, I will be discussing the Spirit of truth, the Spirit of God, Ezekiel's wheels, chariots of God, supernatural orbs and how they are all one and the same Holy Spirit. I will be discussing some of His works here on earth and you can see for yourselves just how He is highly misunderstood in the world today.

John 14:17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him, nor knows Him: but you know Him, For He dwells with and will be in you.

NKJV Scholastic Commentary: Neither sees Him nor knows Him does not mean merely that the world is not able to visually identify the Holy Spirit because He is spirit. Something more is meant: The Spirit of God is active in the world, but His acts go unnoticed by the world (see 1 Cor. 2:14).

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can they know them,
because they are spiritually discerned.


Please look closely at how these supernatural orbs resemble an eyeball. This is the Spirit of truth who bears witness:

ImageImage

1 John 5:6 And it is the Spirit of truth who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.

The photograph above left is the Spirit of truth looking directly at the camera man and bearing witness to him taking the photograph. The Spirit of truth is the Holy Spirit.

Roman 9:1 I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit.


The Spirit of truth bears witness to and testifies of Christ.

John 15:26-27 But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. And you also bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.


The Holy Spirit Glorifies Christ

John 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

The Spirit of truth glorifies Christ by bearing witness that we belong to Christ and declaring this to the Apostles who sit on the thrones of judgment so that we are not judged and may go onto the Father.

This is how Christ builds His kingdom through the Holy Spirit here on earth.

--'--,--~{@

Romans 8:15-16 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father". The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

The Spirit of truth bears witness to God's children.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21081
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 1048 times

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#2

Post by RickD » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:08 am

That's one freaky looking eyeball!!!!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Servant
Familiar Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:08 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#3

Post by Servant » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:02 am

Artist rendition of Ezekiel's Vision of God (based on scripture)

Image

What you are looking at above appearing before Ezekiel, a beloved prophet of the Holy Bible, is Father God on His throne, Cherubim (living creatures), and what Ezekiel describes as "a wheel in the middle of a wheel"...an orbital description of the Holy Spirit Himself as a living chariot of God.

Excerpt from, "Ezekiel's Vision of God" -

Ezekiel 1:15-21 Now as I look at the living creatures, behold, a wheel was on the earth beside each living creature with it's four faces. The appearance of the wheels and their workings was like the color of beryl, and all four had the same likeness. The appearance of their workings was, as it were, a wheel in the middle of a wheel. When they moved, they went toward any one of four direction; they did not turn aside when they went. As for their rims, they were so high they were awesome, and the rims were full of eyes, all around the four of them. When the living creatures went, the wheels went beside them; and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. Wherever the spirit wanted to go, they went, because there the spirit went, and the wheels were lifted together with them, for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When those stood, these stood; and when those where lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up together with them, for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

Below is a photograph of a spirit within the Holy Spirit Himself as one of God's chariots...also known as Ezekiel's wheels:

Image

Ezekiel 1:21 "for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels"

"for the spirit of the living creature was in the orb"

Ezekiel 1:19 "and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up"

"and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the orb was lifted up"

Please note that the Holy Spirit appearing before Ezekiel with Father God and the Cherubim (living creatures) would have appeared as much more than the Holy Spirit in this photograph.


Psalm 68:17 The chariots of God are twenty thousands, Even thousands of thousands; The Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the Holy Place.

Image

"Even thousands of thousands"
Last edited by Servant on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Servant
Familiar Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:08 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#4

Post by Servant » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:43 am

RickD wrote:That's one freaky looking eyeball!!!!
No more freaky than our eyes. :)

Genesis 2:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness.
Last edited by Servant on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 5197
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 284 times

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#5

Post by 1over137 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:32 pm

But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart

User avatar
Servant
Familiar Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:08 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#6

Post by Servant » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:09 pm

1over137 wrote:Wikipedia on orbs
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_(optics)
Here is a great number of testimonies of people who have witnessed the orb with their naked eyes, from Hub Pages entitled, "Bright White Orb Of Light":

http://faceless39.hubpages.com/hub/White-Ball-Of-Light

Starhunter
Senior Member
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 6:14 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#7

Post by Starhunter » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:56 pm

There kind of images can be done quite easily with a camera or computer imaging, but the phenomenon of descending fire, the appearance of lights and roaming fire balls, as well as miracle healings, are real witnessed events in many parts of the world. But they are not of God.
The signs are going to increase in frequency and location, and become even more impressive.
In some places the deceased will appear in various forms and reality, to their grieving relatives giving them comfort and telling them of the wonderful things God has in store for the world, and what they must do to make it happen. In other places, angels, saints, the virgin Mary, the apostles and even Christs will appear.
When these instructions are ignored by those who hear them, the world will be deluded and deceived even further by fire or fire balls raining from the sky.
It will seem like the blessings of the Holy Spirit are distributed everywhere, combined with the "warnings and judgments of God" causing destruction, panic and great fear.
The inhabitants of the world, having so long resisted Christ by scorning and misrepresenting His messages and plain doctrine can no longer tolerate truth, and God hands them over to their chosen leader - Satan, allowing them to be lied to and deceived with overwhelming mastery, while Satan imitates Christ and is worshiped as Christ.
They will be told by miracle working spirits and agencies, that the judgments of God are coming down because the world has neglected "to get back to God." The world will then about face and do everything they can to comply with instructions, which leads them to do things...as prophesied, as only known by the faithful. At that time the doors of mercy are shut and God pours out His plagues, then it will be realized what lies have been taught about end time events and which are true, and who the religious and atheist world have been worshiping, but it will be too late to repent. Not one sincere and humble seeker of truth will be lost, but they are very few in number by comparison.
Last edited by Starhunter on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Servant
Familiar Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:08 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#8

Post by Servant » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Servant wrote:
1over137 wrote:Wikipedia on orbs
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_(optics)
Here is a great number of testimonies of people who have witnessed the orb with their naked eyes, from Hub Pages entitled, "Bright White Orb Of Light":

http://faceless39.hubpages.com/hub/White-Ball-Of-Light
PS: Some orbs in photographs are photo artifacts, but they are not the spiritual entity that I am referring to in this thread. Peace.

User avatar
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 3:18 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 209 times

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#9

Post by melanie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi servant :wave:
Great to have you here, sorry to have to start off my interactions with you negatively but you are wrong. I'm not going to beat around the bush and sugar coat it because of the importance of what it is that you have stated.
Orbs are NOT manifestations of the Holy Spirit or the Holy Spirit.
In fact they are the very opposite to HS.
I have studied the occult, not intentionally, I was studying the Gnostic form of Christianity, because I saw a perversion happening within Christianity, a blending of the truth with New Age ideas and eastern philosophy. The HS quite unexpectedly led me to interactions with some people within this movement so I could gain a much clearer picture of what they really believe and just how truly deceived they are. Within these studies I was led to the occult. It was taxing on my spirit but I am glad that I did, knowledge is power. Proverbs 2:10-11 For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.
These orbs you speak of are taught, seen and prevalent within the occult and New Age circles. Depending which practice you look at their interpretation differs slightly but not all that much. Some think they are fairies, others think they are spirits, angels, not angels how a Christian perceives it but a New ager, within Buddhism they are believed to be Gods, who are in the form of these orbs, people in past lives who have reached ultimate illumination and have transcended to not be reincarnated again but have reached God status. YouTube has a lot of videos showing these orbs around Buddhists and idols of Buddha. New agers also claim that through chanting, and invoking 'spirits' they are able to conjure these light 'orbs'. The other theory is that they are inter-dimensional beings who can present themselves sometimes in this way. I have researched the alien phenomenon more indepthly than than New Age or the occult. It is widely believed by many and myself that they are not inter-galactic but inter-dimensional being, they are demons. I have read literally hundreds of accounts from people who claim an experience and these 'orbs' are an extremely common phenomenon. In fact it is a common detail that seems to resonate through many stories.
Now on a personal level I saw one not so long ago, it was evening and I got out of my car and noticed a light in the sky. I watched it travel over my house, come close to me, scoot away, then come close again then disappear into thin air. It's movements were rapid, it was darting around and about the size of a dinner plate. This was not the Holy Spirit, I am 100% sure.
Christianity is very rapidly embracing Gnosticism and the New Age, people are speaking of personal angels they can muster at will and vibrations, life forces and I have heard of these orbs being seen within the Pentecostal movement. We must tread with extreme caution. The spiritual realm is very real, can be very dark, very misleading and very dangerous to a Christian. We live in a time when good is being called evil and evil is being called good.
We do not need to look to illuminated balls of light to find the Holy Spirit, the HS is within us, active and breathing and alive and audible.

User avatar
Servant
Familiar Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:08 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#10

Post by Servant » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:44 pm

melanie wrote:Hi servant :wave:
Great to have you here, sorry to have to start off my interactions with you negatively but you are wrong. I'm not going to beat around the bush and sugar coat it because of the importance of what it is that you have stated.
Orbs are NOT manifestations of the Holy Spirit or the Holy Spirit.
In fact they are the very opposite to HS.
I have studied the occult, not intentionally, I was studying the Gnostic form of Christianity, because I saw a perversion happening within Christianity, a blending of the truth with New Age ideas and eastern philosophy. The HS quite unexpectedly led me to interactions with some people within this movement so I could gain a much clearer picture of what they really believe and just how truly deceived they are. Within these studies I was led to the occult. It was taxing on my spirit but I am glad that I did, knowledge is power. Proverbs 2:10-11 For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.
These orbs you speak of are taught, seen and prevalent within the occult and New Age circles. Depending which practice you look at their interpretation differs slightly but not all that much. Some think they are fairies, others think they are spirits, angels, not angels how a Christian perceives it but a New ager, within Buddhism they are believed to be Gods, who are in the form of these orbs, people in past lives who have reached ultimate illumination and have transcended to not be reincarnated again but have reached God status. YouTube has a lot of videos showing these orbs around Buddhists and idols of Buddha. New agers also claim that through chanting, and invoking 'spirits' they are able to conjure these light 'orbs'. The other theory is that they are inter-dimensional beings who can present themselves sometimes in this way. I have researched the alien phenomenon more indepthly than than New Age or the occult. It is widely believed by many and myself that they are not inter-galactic but inter-dimensional being, they are demons. I have read literally hundreds of accounts from people who claim an experience and these 'orbs' are an extremely common phenomenon. In fact it is a common detail that seems to resonate through many stories.
Now on a personal level I saw one not so long ago, it was evening and I got out of my car and noticed a light in the sky. I watched it travel over my house, come close to me, scoot away, then come close again then disappear into thin air. It's movements were rapid, it was darting around and about the size of a dinner plate. This was not the Holy Spirit, I am 100% sure.
Christianity is very rapidly embracing Gnosticism and the New Age, people are speaking of personal angels they can muster at will and vibrations, life forces and I have heard of these orbs being seen within the Pentecostal movement. We must tread with extreme caution. The spiritual realm is very real, can be very dark, very misleading and very dangerous to a Christian. We live in a time when good is being called evil and evil is being called good.
We do not need to look to illuminated balls of light to find the Holy Spirit, the HS is within us, active and breathing and alive and audible.
Hi, Melanie. The world obviously does not have discernment of the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthian 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can they know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

May my next post shine a light for you.

User avatar
Servant
Familiar Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:08 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#11

Post by Servant » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Please keep in mind that the world lacks discernment of the Spirit of God since before Christ.

Notice how the supernatural orb looks exactly like the Halo:

ImageImage

I believe that the Halo can be seen in scripture as the Spirit of God alighting upon Jesus.

Mathew 3:16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit.

The Spirit of God alighting upon Jesus most likely appeared as a Halo.

User avatar
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 3:18 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 209 times

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#12

Post by melanie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:49 pm

Servant wrote:Please keep in mind that the world lacks discernment of the Spirit of God since before Christ.

Notice how the supernatural orb looks exactly like the Halo:

ImageImage

I believe that the Halo can be seen in scripture as the Spirit of God alighting upon Jesus.

Mathew 3:16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit.

The Spirit of God alighting upon Jesus most likely appeared as a Halo.

This world lacks spiritual understanding.
Wowsers
Okay, firstly you are aware I hope this picture was painted by some bloke, it's a painting, not divine in any way, shape or form. Now secondly you need to immerse yourself in the bible! That is where you will find truth not in this rubbish. Halo,the word, the concept is found NOWHERE in the bible. It can be found but not in the bible;
Exert taken from gotquestions.org.

With it not being found in the Bible, the halo is both pagan and non-Christian in its origin. Many centuries before Christ, natives decorated their heads with a crown of feathers to represent their relationship with the sun god. The halo of feathers upon their heads symbolized the circle of light that distinguished the shining divinity or god in the sky. As a result, these people came to believe that adopting such a nimbus or halo transformed them into a kind of divine being.

However, interestingly enough, before the time of Christ, this symbol had already been used by not only the Hellenistic Greeks in 300 B.C., but also by the Buddhists as early as the first century A.D. In Hellenistic and Roman art, the sun-god, Helios, and Roman emperors often appear with a crown of rays. Because of its pagan origin, the form was avoided in early Christian art, but a simple circular nimbus was adopted by Christian emperors for their official portraits.

From the middle of the fourth century, Christ was portrayed with this imperial attribute, and depictions of His symbol, the Lamb of God, also displayed halos. In the fifth century, halos were sometimes given to angels, but it was not until the sixth century that the halo became customary for the Virgin Mary and other saints. For a period during the fifth century, living persons of eminence were depicted with a square nimbus.

Then, throughout the Middle Ages, the halo was used regularly in representations of Christ, the angels, and the saints. Often, Christ’s halo is quartered by the lines of a cross or inscribed with three bands, interpreted to signify His position in the Trinity. Round halos are typically used to signify saints, meaning those people considered as spiritually gifted. A cross within a halo is most often used to represent Jesus. Triangular halos are used for representations of the Trinity. Square halos are used to depict unusually saintly living personages.

As we’ve stated at the outset, the halo was in use long before the Christian era. It was an invention of the Hellenists in 300 B.C. and is not found anywhere in the Scriptures. In fact, the Bible gives us no example for the bestowal of a halo upon anyone. If anything, the halo has been derived from the profane art forms of ancient secular art traditions.

I have looked into this previously and found this information from many different sources.

The world most definitely lacks spiritual understanding, ain't that the truth!

Starhunter
Senior Member
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 6:14 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#13

Post by Starhunter » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Melanie, you are well informed, thanks for extra knowledge on this topic.

User avatar
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 260 times

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#14

Post by B. W. » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:29 pm

You know servant, I am nearsighted and when viewing the world a night without my glasses all the street lights and headlights and all lights look like orbs to me. Optics are a what they are and camera lenses can take light and make orbs. Also documented in cases, dust too can appear as orbs and move like them.

Also, next, the occult uses orbs as well too and often defines these as helpers or spirit helpers. Shamans conjure these up to serve them and they boast how many spirits they have compared to other shamans. I would be very careful about these manifestations and recall the bible says we are to test all things - so test these. If you do, how do you test them - can I ask?

Some folks say that some orbs maybe of angelic manifestation and if a true angel of God one would never let anyone fixate on them, or worship them, obsess on them, or use them for ones personal champion. So please be cautious.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

User avatar
Servant
Familiar Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:08 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Photographic Evidence of Christian Theology

#15

Post by Servant » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:10 am

melanie wrote:
Servant wrote:Please keep in mind that the world lacks discernment of the Spirit of God since before Christ.

Notice how the supernatural orb looks exactly like the Halo:

ImageImage

I believe that the Halo can be seen in scripture as the Spirit of God alighting upon Jesus.

Mathew 3:16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit.

The Spirit of God alighting upon Jesus most likely appeared as a Halo.

This world lacks spiritual understanding.
Wowsers
Okay, firstly you are aware I hope this picture was painted by some bloke, it's a painting, not divine in any way, shape or form. Now secondly you need to immerse yourself in the bible! That is where you will find truth not in this rubbish. Halo,the word, the concept is found NOWHERE in the bible. It can be found but not in the bible;
Exert taken from gotquestions.org.

With it not being found in the Bible, the halo is both pagan and non-Christian in its origin. Many centuries before Christ, natives decorated their heads with a crown of feathers to represent their relationship with the sun god. The halo of feathers upon their heads symbolized the circle of light that distinguished the shining divinity or god in the sky. As a result, these people came to believe that adopting such a nimbus or halo transformed them into a kind of divine being.

However, interestingly enough, before the time of Christ, this symbol had already been used by not only the Hellenistic Greeks in 300 B.C., but also by the Buddhists as early as the first century A.D. In Hellenistic and Roman art, the sun-god, Helios, and Roman emperors often appear with a crown of rays. Because of its pagan origin, the form was avoided in early Christian art, but a simple circular nimbus was adopted by Christian emperors for their official portraits.

From the middle of the fourth century, Christ was portrayed with this imperial attribute, and depictions of His symbol, the Lamb of God, also displayed halos. In the fifth century, halos were sometimes given to angels, but it was not until the sixth century that the halo became customary for the Virgin Mary and other saints. For a period during the fifth century, living persons of eminence were depicted with a square nimbus.

Then, throughout the Middle Ages, the halo was used regularly in representations of Christ, the angels, and the saints. Often, Christ’s halo is quartered by the lines of a cross or inscribed with three bands, interpreted to signify His position in the Trinity. Round halos are typically used to signify saints, meaning those people considered as spiritually gifted. A cross within a halo is most often used to represent Jesus. Triangular halos are used for representations of the Trinity. Square halos are used to depict unusually saintly living personages.

As we’ve stated at the outset, the halo was in use long before the Christian era. It was an invention of the Hellenists in 300 B.C. and is not found anywhere in the Scriptures. In fact, the Bible gives us no example for the bestowal of a halo upon anyone. If anything, the halo has been derived from the profane art forms of ancient secular art traditions.

I have looked into this previously and found this information from many different sources.

The world most definitely lacks spiritual understanding, ain't that the truth!
A quote from Catholic Saints Information, "The Halo is symbolic of divinity and supreme power". Divinity means of, or pertaining to "the Holy Trinity". The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Holy Trinity. To avoid confusion, this is the Halo, I will be referring to.

If we are to understand the Spirit of God, we are not to look to the things of this world, such as the occult and other religions, etc. I look to scripture for answers,...most likely the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Jesus appeared as a Halo, and as such, the Christian Halo most likely can be found in scripture. We search our hearts and scripture for truth and not the things of this world. If you choose to believe the things of this world, than you needn't believe me. Few people can truly understand the Spirit of God. The Christian should not allow themselves to be confused by the world.
Last edited by Servant on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post Reply