Road rage

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.

Have you experienced or encountered road rage?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 14

ochotseat

Road rage

Post by ochotseat »

Road rage is common these days, since more and more people are driving and commuting.

For example, today, there was a car that was parked in my lane right in the street. The guy inside of the car didn't even seem to care that he was parked where he wasn't supposed to be parked. The car wasn't broken, because the engine was running and the emergency signal wasn't turned on. He sees me waiting and motions for me to go around him. Normally, I'd just make a turn signal and switch lanes, but there was only one lane in the street that was going my direction, and the other lane had incoming traffic. Since I didn't want to wait on this character and the cars that were building up behind me started to honk, I honked too. He started to move, but he'd drive and brake, drive and brake, in a sequence, to probably try to piss me off. When I honked again, the geezer had the nerve to flip me off by sticking his hand and middle finger out of the window. As a response, I swerved to the side of his car when there wasn't anymore incoming cars, flipped him off back, and yelled out somethings that would get censored here. :D I felt I was justified, since he started with his road rage. If that jerk is a Christian, he wasn't a very good one at the time.
What are some of your experiences with road rage?
TimM1104
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by TimM1104 »

I felt I was justified, since he started with his road rage. If that jerk is a Christian, he wasn't a very good one at the time.

Do you feel you did the right thing by flicking him off and yelling at him? I'm not trying to be judgemental or yell at you, but I am sure you coulda handled that a little better...
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

TimM1104 wrote: Do you feel you did the right thing by flicking him off and yelling at him? I'm not trying to be judgemental or yell at you, but I am sure you coulda handled that a little better...
Well, would you just take someone flipping you off?
Got any road rage story to share?
TimM1104
Recognized Member

Post by TimM1104 »

Actually the kind of roadrage I have had was never angry... I was driving about to get on the bypass, and a truck was in the right lane and had no one to his left, yet he didnt move over to the left lane. So I got a lil frustrated so I played around with him. I slowed down and got behind him, passed him in left lane got in front of him and went down to around 35mph. He got mad and passed me and got in fron to fme. So I went got back in front of him and slowed back down to around 35mph, at this he pulled infront of me again. So once more I went and passed him and got in front of him again and slowed down to 35 mph. Well he/she was probably mad so got in left lane and sped away and I got off on my exit... I have a feeling he drove in left lane the entire rest of the ride home, lettig anyone trying to get on the bypass on the bypass... Truthfully if someone flicked me off or nothing I would just ignore him, and truthfully I wouldnt of honked my horn in the first place, I probably woulda just passed him first and not get into any of that anger or whatnot.. Since I have been driving(only being around 1 year now... seems like longeer but isnt) I only used my horn once which was on accident when I was holding the steeringwheel differently, and a bunch of times to say hi to people I know in thier cars... But I have played games with people :)
XenonII
Established Member

Post by XenonII »

ochotseat wrote:
TimM1104 wrote: Do you feel you did the right thing by flicking him off and yelling at him? I'm not trying to be judgemental or yell at you, but I am sure you coulda handled that a little better...
Well, would you just take someone flipping you off?
Got any road rage story to share?
Exactly what I was thinking! Now that wasn't very Christian behaviour was it? Christians are supposed to lead by example not bring the institution into disreproote (sp?) :shock:
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

XenonII wrote: Exactly what I was thinking! Now that wasn't very Christian behaviour was it? Christians are supposed to lead by example not bring the institution into disreproote (sp?) :shock:
Knowing you, I know you wouldn't have sit still either. :lol:
TimM1104
Recognized Member

Post by TimM1104 »

No one can tell what they would do in that situation enless they are put in that situation... So we do not know anything if he was in it or not....
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

TimM1104 wrote:Actually the kind of roadrage I have had was never angry... I was driving about to get on the bypass, and a truck was in the right lane and had no one to his left, yet he didnt move over to the left lane. So I got a lil frustrated so I played around with him. I slowed down and got behind him, passed him in left lane got in front of him and went down to around 35mph. He got mad and passed me and got in fron to fme. So I went got back in front of him and slowed back down to around 35mph, at this he pulled infront of me again. So once more I went and passed him and got in front of him again and slowed down to 35 mph. Well he/she was probably mad so got in left lane and sped away and I got off on my exit... I have a feeling he drove in left lane the entire rest of the ride home, lettig anyone trying to get on the bypass on the bypass... Truthfully if someone flicked me off or nothing I would just ignore him, and truthfully I wouldnt of honked my horn in the first place, I probably woulda just passed him first and not get into any of that anger or whatnot.. Since I have been driving(only being around 1 year now... seems like longeer but isnt) I only used my horn once which was on accident when I was holding the steeringwheel differently, and a bunch of times to say hi to people I know in thier cars... But I have played games with people :)
I don't think I was the one with road rage, since I didn't start it and I civilly retaliated. I see you have your own form of reprisal. :lol:
TimM1104
Recognized Member

Post by TimM1104 »

ochotseat wrote:
TimM1104 wrote:Actually the kind of roadrage I have had was never angry... I was driving about to get on the bypass, and a truck was in the right lane and had no one to his left, yet he didnt move over to the left lane. So I got a lil frustrated so I played around with him. I slowed down and got behind him, passed him in left lane got in front of him and went down to around 35mph. He got mad and passed me and got in fron to fme. So I went got back in front of him and slowed back down to around 35mph, at this he pulled infront of me again. So once more I went and passed him and got in front of him again and slowed down to 35 mph. Well he/she was probably mad so got in left lane and sped away and I got off on my exit... I have a feeling he drove in left lane the entire rest of the ride home, lettig anyone trying to get on the bypass on the bypass... Truthfully if someone flicked me off or nothing I would just ignore him, and truthfully I wouldnt of honked my horn in the first place, I probably woulda just passed him first and not get into any of that anger or whatnot.. Since I have been driving(only being around 1 year now... seems like longeer but isnt) I only used my horn once which was on accident when I was holding the steeringwheel differently, and a bunch of times to say hi to people I know in thier cars... But I have played games with people :)
I don't think I was the one with road rage, since I didn't start it and I civilly retaliated. I see you have your own form of reprisal. :lol:
LoL, it was really more of peer pressure since he told me to, but road range is more with anger, that was more of a practical joke i would say? I'm sure he didn't think it was funny, but it taught him to move over to left lane, and also it was fun for me to do... But I guess that could count as road rage.. :-\
XenonII
Established Member

Post by XenonII »

TimM1104 wrote:No one can tell what they would do in that situation enless they are put in that situation... So we do not know anything if he was in it or not....
That's right - so stop judging! Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment that you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck out of your eye," when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. :lol:
beckyandretti
Established Member

Post by beckyandretti »

TimM1104 wrote:Actually the kind of roadrage I have had was never angry... So I got a lil frustrated so I played around with him. I slowed down and got behind him, passed him in left lane got in front of him and went down to around 35mph. He got mad and passed me and got in fron to fme. So I went got back in front of him and slowed back down to around 35mph, at this he pulled infront of me again. So once more I went and passed him and got in front of him again and slowed down to 35 mph. :)
You know that more people get shot over playing "games" insted of giving into roadrage and just flipping the person off and driving on? While ocho might not have been acting like a good Christian when he did that, he at least wouldnt be charged with menacing (yeah its happened). Just, please be careful who you play driving games with.
LittleShepherd
Established Member

Post by LittleShepherd »

Not really. Sometimes I pout, though.
TimM1104
Recognized Member

Post by TimM1104 »

Anyman to have the guts to shoot someone on a bypass where people usually go 75mph, and cause probably 6 people atleast to get in a wreck and atleast 1death(the person shot) just for someone slowing down in front of them would already be in a mental house, because someone would do less crazy things than that and get caught before they do something as stupid and sickening as that?
beckyandretti
Established Member

Post by beckyandretti »

TimM1104 wrote:Anyman to have the guts to shoot someone .... would already be in a mental house, because someone would do less crazy things than that and get caught before they do something as stupid and sickening as that?
Unfortunately no, like you said before you dont know what their state of mind is and what their situation is. I've seen bad things happen just because someone didnt like the way they were looked at that day. And the people that reacted badly were 2 off duty police officers that I had worked with before. Not everyone will go off the deepend for something so trivial but you never know when they will.
TimM1104
Recognized Member

Post by TimM1104 »

But, most of the time when they go off the deepend, they usually dont go off the deepend on the bypass with cars around you going 75mph... it is as dangerous to them as it is to others to shoot someone in the car next to you, with it likely to swerve hit your car and then cars behind you stockpile a lil...