catholic stuff

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
WannaLearn
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

catholic stuff

Post by WannaLearn »

Ok well this person who is very old that I know believes that Jesus was the son of god but that he isnt actually god. What do I say to that? And are you saved if you believe that. She also believes in the usual catholic stuff like prayin for saints and having the priest forgive your sins. Where is some places to start on this?
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Re: catholic stuff

Post by LittleHamster »

In relation to forgiveness of Sins, if found this....

"The successors of Jesus Christ, the apostles and the priesthood of today can only forgive the guilt through absolution, but only Jesus Christ is the only one who can forgive the punishment. The guilt must be forgiven first before Jesus can forgive the punishment. Just like in the modern world today of crime and punishment the crime must be forgiven by the jury before the judge can find you innocent of the crime."

(source: http://www.holyspiritofgod.net/index.html)
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

WannaLearn wrote:Ok well this person who is very old that I know believes that Jesus was the son of god but that he isnt actually god. What do I say to that? And are you saved if you believe that. She also believes in the usual catholic stuff like prayin for saints and having the priest forgive your sins. Where is some places to start on this?
If she's catholic, she's going against her church's teachings. The Catholic church teaches that Jesus is God.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
WannaLearn
Established Member

Post by WannaLearn »

So yiu think shes saved or no
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

WannaLearn wrote:So yiu think shes saved or no
I couldn't say one way or another. But, if she's telling people that Christ is not God, she's preaching a false christ.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony