How where ancient cultures and peoples saved?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: How where ancient cultures and peoples saved?

Post by Lonewolf »

RickD wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:
And yes of course I completely do agree with the analysis that Chris is the one who redeems the world, past, present and future and completes the work of faith by grace.
Chris? Chris who? :mrgreen:

y#-o You got me.
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
Starhunter
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Starhunter »

Lonewolf wrote:
And yes of course I completely do agree with the analysis that Christ is the one who redeems the world, past, present and future and completes the work of faith by grace.
The offering of Christ was for the entire world in all time, and for everyone born or unborn in all time.

It is not possible to have life without that atonement, that is why Christ is called "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world," and "Behold the lamb which takes away the sin of the world."
Otherwise Adam and Eve would have been dead after eating the forbidden fruit.

This Life also carries with it a promise of eternal life, in the form of a conscience based on the law of Moses, which is the fundamentals of the laws of life. Life cannot exist without those laws being active through the personality of God, who acts according to them.

This life also comes with "a measure of faith" given by Christ to "every man" "according to the measure of the gift of God" which is the presence and availability of Christ to every individual, it is "the Light which lights every" human being "that comes into the world." John 1:9.

No one is without God, without a sacrifice, without acceptance, without faith, and without eternal life except in their own minds. Ephesians 4:18.

The preaching of the gospel is vital, but where it does not reach, the Holy Spirit reaches through the works of nature and the behavior of human beings who are dependent on the laws of life, even to have a civilization.
OnceSaved
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by OnceSaved »

The preaching of the gospel is vital, but where it does not reach, the Holy Spirit reaches through the works of nature and the behavior of human beings who are dependent on the laws of life, even to have a civilization.
^ ^ you said it better ~> it is what i was trying to say. Thanxs
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

Starhunter wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:
And yes of course I completely do agree with the analysis that Christ is the one who redeems the world, past, present and future and completes the work of faith by grace.
The offering of Christ was for the entire world in all time, and for everyone born or unborn in all time.

It is not possible to have life without that atonement, that is why Christ is called "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world," and "Behold the lamb which takes away the sin of the world." Otherwise Adam and Eve would have been dead after eating the forbidden fruit.

This Life also carries with it a promise of eternal life, in the form of a conscience based on the law of Moses, which is the fundamentals of the laws of life. Life cannot exist without those laws being active through the personality of God, who acts according to them.

This life also comes with "a measure of faith" given by Christ to "every man" "according to the measure of the gift of God" which is the presence and availability of Christ to every individual, it is "the Light which lights every" human being "that comes into the world." John 1:9.

No one is without God, without a sacrifice, without acceptance, without faith, and without eternal life except in their own minds. Ephesians 4:18.

Bravo :clap:
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Lonewolf wrote:Native Americans, aborigines, pigmyes, celts, pre-Christian era peoples, etc. How do they fit into the plan of salvation? How are they to attain salvation, if any?
I'm wondering what the core issue is here.

Unfairness? Fairness demands we receive our own penalty according to our sin.
If the consequence of sin is death, and we have sinned, then death is our just dessert.

Or is the issue that "Salvation" (eternal life with God) isn't attainable by all?
Firstly, salvation isn't something attained or earned.
Those who need salvation are those who have sinned and done wrong.
No one in need of being saved is deserving of eternal life with God who is pure.

If there is any unfairness it is that some are saved.
Such is God's Grace—it is unfair because some deserving of death are saved.
Therefore, we hope in Christ who reveals God's love and grace.
If this a false hope then we Christians are to be extremely pitied.

BUT, if one accepts that God exists, that God is fully righteous—even Righteousness itself—then I don't see anyone including myself who is compatible with such a Being.
So if there be a cure to this condition—my condition... then how foolish is it that I should pass it up because others did not, could not or had not?

The question is not what others do, have done or had an opportunity to do.
This can always be placed on a theological doorstep that God is fully righteous and loving and wants all to come to Him.
I personally don't see how such is possible without a solution like provided in the grace through faith in Christ.
No other religion in the world provides any such solution to this theological dilemma.

Rather the question for me is what will I do having heard this Gospel ("good news") that Christ brought?
I'm not going to thumb my nose at it. I'll seriously investigate the claims because it has the smell of many spiritual truths that ring true.

What will you do?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Starhunter
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Starhunter »

You have really hit the core issue -

It reminds me of the book of Romans which concludes all under sin - under the reign of death,
while at the same time concludes all under the grace of God, which reigns by this life, in the hope that sinners will take a hold of its fullness. The mercy of God towards all is the opportunity of salvation.

As Paul said, there is no point in searching for God, because He is right near every individual, and salvation is in the vicinity of their own voice or confession of that fact.

That confession is not necessarily saying something audible in a church, but for those who know no better, it is the confession of their heart, as to what constitutes fairness and love.

I think.

To be perfectly honest, I do not understand...anything about these things. But I like your thoughts.
Last edited by Starhunter on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:
And yes of course I completely do agree with the analysis that Chris is the one who redeems the world, past, present and future and completes the work of faith by grace.
Chris Christie. He's twice the Chris. :pound:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:
y#-o :lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:
y#-o :lol:
LOL, you dudes are a bunch of clowning clowns :D
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Oh, an American joke.
Sorry, hahaha.. haheh.. ha!
Had to Google it first.
:P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)