Adam and Eve

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Adam and Eve

Post by UsagiTsukino »

IS genesis literal or more poetry? Could Adam and Eve have been the first time of human?
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Adam and Eve

Post by Gman »

UsagiTsukino wrote:IS genesis literal or more poetry? Could Adam and Eve have been the first humans?
My belief is that Adam and Eve were not the first humans on earth but were the first "spirit filled" humans. In other words I think that there were humans living on earth that looked exactly like modern day humans but were not spirit filled until later.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

I found this

http://www.truthfromgod.com/studies/ada ... _soul.html
I would be seriously wary of anything that website says, or using anything it says as theological proof. The site also claims that the "white" race is God's chosen race, and that Adam and Jesus were white men and all other races are tainted by Satan. And that Jews are a purely Satanic race. So take that for what you will.

EDIT:

Actually, ignore what I said before. This site is simply and openly white supremacist and antisemitic, as well as anti-all-races-except-whites. And they claim that those views are biblical in origin. Sooooo....yeah....
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

that link is messed up.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

I notice that after the fact I looked into his site. His crazy. However what he had to say about Adam was interesting that Adam was the first son of God. Is this part corrected? He also uses Genesis 1: 21
In the first Chapter of Genesis, this phrase occurs twice before ever being applied to Adam. “And God created great whales, and every living creature (chay nephesh, living soul) that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. … And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature (chay nephesh, living soul) after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind, and it was so.” (Genesis 1:21, 24) Upon first glance, one is led to believe that God is speaking about animals, but notice it speaks of the “chay nephesh” “after HIS kind”. “HIS” is the personal pronoun used for man. These beasts ARE people! Yes, these “chay nephesh” are people too which lived on this earth many thousands of years before the formation of Adam, and it is these “chay nephesh”, the pre-adamic peoples, that the Bible called beast. Now before you get mad or mixed up, remember that Jesus Christ even called people animals. Jesus said in Matthew 15:24, “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. Here Jesus speaks of the House of Israel as “lost sheep”. In Mark 7:25-29, Jesus calls a woman a dog, and commands in Matthew 7:6, “neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.” Even Paul says, “I have fought with beasts at Ephesus”. (1 Corinthians 15:32) Peter says, speaking of men, “But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed” (2 Peter 2:12). Even the brother of Jesus, Jude speaks of the “brute beasts” in Jude 1:10.
How much of what he said is corrected
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

I was wondering did God made Adam and Eve the way we think he did with Clay or something else? If there is proof that early humans existed than it begs to question what and who are adam and eve
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

thats a very good question.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

Adam, and Eve were perfect...they were Italian.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Domenic wrote:Adam, and Eve were perfect...they were Italian.
I think Adam and Steve were the Italians. :poke:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

RickD wrote:
Ahhh...There is a saying, "You talk about what you think about." You think about Adam, and Steve. That's okay. I understand.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Domenic wrote:
RickD wrote:
Ahhh...There is a saying, "You talk about what you think about." You think about Adam, and Steve. That's okay. I understand.
Of course. Whenever I think about Italian men, I think "gay". Does Liberace ring a bell? :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

RickD wrote:
Domenic wrote:
RickD wrote:
Of course. Whenever I think about Italian men, I think "gay". Does Liberace ring a bell? :mrgreen:
Here is a funny story: In 1996 i went to Italy for the first time. I live in N.California near San Francisco. There are many gay people in this area. I was so happy to be in Italy, a land free of gays. To my surprise...there are more gays in Italy.
Being a student. and teacher of scripture, I decided to learn what makes a person gay. It took me two years, but with the bible, and science...father gave me the answer.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Domenic wrote:
RickD wrote:
Domenic wrote:
RickD wrote:
Here is a funny story: In 1996 i went to Italy for the first time. I live in N.California near San Francisco. There are many gay people in this area. I was so happy to be in Italy, a land free of gays. To my surprise...there are more gays in Italy.
Being a student. and teacher of scripture, I decided to learn what makes a person gay. It took me two years, but with the bible, and science...father gave me the answer.
Actually, we still do NOT know for sure what makes a person gay.
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

No, matter of fact with the help of science, we do. Did you know homosexuality is normal in animals? Here is the question. If humans were made perfect, how did this animal tendency get into humans? We learn how by a study of scriptures. When Adam was alive, and before he sinned, animals aged, and died, as do fish, birds, tree, and plants...that is how Adam knew what death was. After Adam and Eve Sinned, the unborn human family was doomed to age, and die...any why we have animal tendencies.
What took place in the Garden was not eating a symbolic fruit.