Noah's ark

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
theophilus
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Noah's ark

Post by theophilus »

Here is a detailed study of Noah's ark:

http://www.worldwideflood.com/default.htm
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Noah's ark

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

:popcorn:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote::popcorn:
:poke:
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
theophilus
Valued Member

Post by theophilus »

God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Theo no one here says that God couldn't have done it that way, we say that the Bible doesn't say it was a global flood global.
pat34lee
Recognized Member

Post by pat34lee »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Theo no one here says that God couldn't have done it that way, we say that the Bible doesn't say it was a global flood global.
No, but it would be strange if a local flood killed off all the people and air breathing animals on earth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

pat34lee wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
No, but it would be strange if a local flood killed off all the people and air breathing animals on earth.
The Genesis Flood-Why the Bible Says it Must Be Local
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

pat34lee wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
You didn't read the link did you. y#-o
WannaLearn
Established Member

Post by WannaLearn »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote::popcorn:
:poke:
:beat:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I understand the mentality of YECs, because I was one. They get it drilled in their head continuously that anything except YEC is wrong, anti bible, anti God, pro evolution, etc. It's not until I started to study on my own, that I started to see that there's another interpretation of scripture that makes sense.

-Edward R Murrow

Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

RickD wrote:...there's another interpretation of scripture that makes sense.
Speaking of making sense,

Lets just say that when God says "earth" He means "not earth" but in fact local shops and street corners. Something conceivable...like a big valley full of water, or lake bursting, whatever.

So Noah takes 120 years to build an enormous ark, weighing hundreds of tonnes, and animals from distant lands migrate to get there, and so forth.

Why not just walk out with his family of eight - and a few camels, and in less than one year Noah would be hundreds of miles away from any dangers of a local flood. No need to preserve one pair of each animal, or supplies and seeds for one year, etc.

Rick -D... what were you thinking?
pat34lee
Recognized Member

Post by pat34lee »

RickD wrote:I understand the mentality of YECs, because I was one. They get it drilled in their head continuously that anything except YEC is wrong, anti bible, anti God, pro evolution, etc. It's not until I started to study on my own, that I started to see that there's another interpretation of scripture that makes sense.
Yet you blindly believe what evolutionists teach about the past. What makes you think they know more than God? Remember that, unlike all others who wrote books of the bible, Moses talked to God "face to face." Therefore, Genesis is not a series of folk tales, but the autobiography of God ghost-written by Moses.

Scientists who study the past are a shrewd lot. They'll BS you if they can. The facts are everywhere, but they don't carry labels, and they aren't 'FOR' one side or the other. The problem with the old earth is that many facts are ignored or discarded because they don't fit the agenda. From DNA to geology to how the universe works; all eventually point to YEC.

For those who deny the ark is in either location in Turkey, how about the anchor stones?
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/noahsarkstones.htm
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Deficit of trust in scientific evidence is the problem here. I don't think anyone can convince you when you are defending your position with "No man knows more than God." I mean that is impossible to argue with.

When I was a YEC, I reacted the same, as you guys. And my family who are all YEC, still does the same. I only realized it was false because I started reading the evidence of old earth, and thankfully not from YEC sources. However we are all one in christ and this will ultimately not matter much.

However I would encourage you to read the evidence for yourselves. I think it will at the very least give you more info as to why I am not convinced of YEC anymore.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

The "anchor stones"...

Who put those crosses on them? Christian admirers? Pagans?

I don't think Noah's family did. They are Pagan symbols regardless of who put them there.

Why are the stones scattered over an area? Did the ropes fail?

Nothing of the ark failed until it rested.

The hole in the top of the stones was not drilled by conventional methods. One narrow end of the hole is the result of the method used to 'cut,' it is not deliberate.

There'll be other stones in this area where the hole is blown open with no 'handle' and there will be similar stones all out of shape with seething marks on one side. And still other stones will have a number the same sized holes, some only creating a dent, and not piercing through.

The sign that is supposed to be the tower of Babel is not that. Might say what another time.

However, these stones are Chaldean, whose users traveled all over the old world, using these stones in another state of matter to perform what they needed.

Similar stones are found in South America, China and Celtic lands, just to mention a couple. A lot of anchors!