Anyone had any healings lately?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Anyone had any healings lately?

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Anne I know many Chistians who have had healing through miraculous circumstances, what is so special about Christian Science, what makes it a better system if it produces the same results as everyone else?
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Post by ChristianScientistAnn »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Ann I know many Chistians who have had healing through miraculous circumstances, what is so special about Christian Science, what makes it a better system if it produces the same results as everyone else?
In answer to your question, Daniel, one part that is special to me is that all followers of Christian Science know how to heal themselves and others, so the church members and Sunday school students are all healers. Though the healings cause us to praise and thank God, we do not consider them to be miracles. To us they are natural occurrences and they happen all the time. They are a re-discovery of the Law of Good (God) in our lives, which is great, but it is not miraculous. Every Wednesday all over the world half an hour of the church meeting is put aside for voluntary testimony time, during which people give gratitude for healings they've had. It's very meaningful to hear how others have been glorifying God that week in very ordinary ways and in big ways. We use this Science hourly.

I am always glad to hear of healings - like 1over137's healing of depression two years ago when she found Christianity. Thank you for sharing! WONDERFUL.

Ann
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Ann I know many Chistians who have had healing through miraculous circumstances, what is so special about Christian Science, what makes it a better system if it produces the same results as everyone else?
In answer to your question, Daniel, one part that is special to me is that all followers of Christian Science know how to heal themselves and others, so the church members and Sunday school students are all healers. Though the healings cause us to praise and thank God, we do not consider them to be miracles. To us they are natural occurrences and they happen all the time. They are a re-discovery of the Law of Good (God) in our lives, which is great, but it is not miraculous. Every Wednesday all over the world half an hour of the church meeting is put aside for voluntary testimony time, during which people give gratitude for healings they've had. It's very meaningful to hear how others have been glorifying God that week in very ordinary ways and in big ways. We use this Science hourly.

I am always glad to hear of healings - like 1over137's healing of depression two years ago when she found Christianity. Thank you for sharing! WONDERFUL.

Ann
I'm curious, do you also dedicate similar time to incidences where healing did not in fact occur? What do you attribute that to? Please don't mistake my question for derision, I'm really asking to learn.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:I'm curious, do you also dedicate similar time to incidences where healing did not in fact occur? What do you attribute that to? Please don't mistake my question for derision, I'm really asking to learn.
Thanks for asking, Byblos. During the Wednesday testimony meetings at our church, the focus at these meetings worldwide is on giving gratitude to God for the healings that have occurred. We consider the healings that haven’t occurred yet as being in progress. “All things are possible to God.” When a healing takes a long time – as in a problem one can live with, like impaired vision – we just keep praying and we expect a healing slow or fast. When a healing does not occur in a timely way – as in a life threatening situation, or a painful problem of any type, like a broken bone – the person may choose medical help without criticism. (They can choose medical means at any time for any reason they wish. It’s a personal decision.) Christian Science Nurses and Christian Science Nursing Facilities provide members with religious non-medical assistance: bandages, feeding, cleaning, mobility. Christian Science Practitioners (full time Healers) give prayerful treatment to patients anywhere in the world who ask for help. The daily rate is reduced in chronic cases. Members are learning every day how to more closely follow Christ Jesus’ supreme example of spiritual healing. A correct understanding of God makes the difference between a healing occurring and not occurring.
Ann
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

A correct understanding of God makes the difference between a healing occurring and not occurring.
Ann
Absolutely FALSE! If OUR UNDERSTANDING of God is the key to whether or not one is healed, then you are essentially saying that one's ability to heal is in their own hands (and/or the collective hands of other "understanding" men). Even as CS apparently believes that God gave men this healing ability - which is nonetheless knowledge-dependent and in man's hands. But the reality is that, Clearly, our ability to be healed is entirely up to God's will (as to whether or not He wants us to be healed).

To echo Daniel a bit, when people are NOT healed, when they linger for years with some difficult illness, perhaps even eventually succumbing to it, what does CS say about those cases? A lack of proper and applied knowledge? A lack of faith? Do you not believe that there are many, many situations is which God's will for a person is NOT to heal them? Of did they just lack knowledge and/or incorrectly apply the necessary knowledge? Also, do you think the healings supposedly prevalent amongst Christian Scientists can be replicated by those of other faiths?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

A correct understanding of God makes the difference between a healing occurring and not occurring.
Ann
Ann,

Could you explain what a correct understanding of God means? I'd like to understand where you're coming from.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:In answer to your question, Daniel, one part that is special to me is that all followers of Christian Science know how to heal themselves and others, so the church members and Sunday school students are all healers. Though the healings cause us to praise and thank God, we do not consider them to be miracles. To us they are natural occurrences and they happen all the time. They are a re-discovery of the Law of Good (God) in our lives, which is great, but it is not miraculous. Every Wednesday all over the world half an hour of the church meeting is put aside for voluntary testimony time, during which people give gratitude for healings they've had. It's very meaningful to hear how others have been glorifying God that week in very ordinary ways and in big ways. We use this Science hourly.

Ann
Interesting stuff, so what are some of the methods employed to bring about healing?
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Hello All,
I haven't posted in over a month, and it's because much as I have enjoyed the online comraderie, what I really want and need is to be able to talk to people one on one and in person. I need to get out there!
Good bye (which means God be with ye). It's been good!
y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};-
Ann
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Good bye.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
SeekingSanctuary
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by SeekingSanctuary »

That's a shame, I had just been wondering where you had went the other day.

Best wishes, and I hope you find what you're looking for.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:Hello All,
I haven't posted in over a month, and it's because much as I have enjoyed the online comraderie, what I really want and need is to be able to talk to people one on one and in person. I need to get out there!
Good bye (which means God be with ye). It's been good!
y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};- y@};-
Ann
Darn! And just when I was starting to warm up to Christian Science...

Oh well. I guess I'll have to be a Mormon instead. y:-?

Ann,

You are welcome here if you want to come back. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony