What if the Quran was different?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
WannaLearn
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

What if the Quran was different?

Post by WannaLearn »

what if the Quran was completely made up differently and had Muhammad making all the miracles and stuff how would that affect Christianity? And if the Quran was made up anyway why didn't they just have it where Muhammad was doing all these miraculous things to make him seem more important than Jesus?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: What if the Quran was different?

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

WannaLearn wrote:
what if the Quran was completely made up differently and had Muhammad making all the miracles and stuff how would that affect Christianity?
The Qur'an is what it is: it isn't made up differently, so why not live in the real world? Stop daydreaming!

Well...OK...if the Koran were a wonderfully silly book full of miraculous junk (like the Bhagavad gita, for example), it wouldn't change a thing. Not a single thing: nada, zilch, rien! The Koran would remain a book of lies just like The Book of Mormon is a book of lies. Sorry.
WannaLearn wrote:And if the Quran was made up anyway why didn't they just have it where Muhammad was doing all these miraculous things to make him seem more important than Jesus?
What are you talking about?! Muhammad is already more important than Isa (that is, Jesus) in the Koran.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

M never did any miracles and they could not just make it up because you need to have witnesses for that to happen. The apostles in the new Testament didn't have to worry, they and multitudes of others hsd seen Christ doing miracles. No one could say, oh that didn't happen.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
PeteSinCA
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by PeteSinCA »

Dealing with reality, what is, is difficult enough. What-if hypotheticals like this are so far from reality that, "Yes, I will have fries with my burger," is almost the most appropriate response.

My personal opinion is that every well-grounded Christian should read the Qur'an at least once, to understand what Islam and an Islamic society are (or would be) if the Qur'an is followed. Frankly, if Allah's statement that he will repeatedly throughout eternity burn off the skins of those consigned to Hell, and then restore their skin, and then burn off their skin, and then restore their skin, and then ... doesn't get across the seriousness of one's choice to follow Jesus, I'm not sure what would.
Soapy Pete's Box

So I'll stand // With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One Who gave it all - The Stand, Hillsong United

"To a world that was lost, He gave all He could give.
To show us the reason to live."
"We Are the Reason" by David Meece

"So why should I worry?
Why should I fret?
'Cause I've got a Mansion Builder
Who ain't through with me yet" - 2nd Chapter of Acts