Ken Ham on Russell Crowe Noah Film

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Ken Ham on Russell Crowe Noah Film

Post by Philip »

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: Ken Ham on Russell Crowe Noah Film

Post by RickD »

I saw God's not Dead this weekend. I saw a few things I didn't agree with, but overall, it was good.

As for the Noah movie, I'll reserve my judgment of it until never. Because I'll probably never see it.

On another note, Russell Crowe went to Ken Ham's creation museum. Crowe said the museum was an insult to Christians and to God. :pound:

And also, it's hard to fathom why any Christians would recommend Ham's museum.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

On another note, Russell Crowe went to Ken Ham's creation museum. Crowe said the museum was an insult to Christians and to God. :pound:
Yes, being that astute theologian and knowledgeable creationist that General Maximus is not. However, an astute and loyal soldier in promoting the film, he is - visits the pope and Ken's men walking with dinosaurs exhibit. Great photo-ops - although the Pope didn't exactly play the studio's game.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
Yes, being that astute theologian and knowledgeable creationist that General Maximus is not. However, an astute and loyal soldier in promoting the film, he is - visits the pope and Ken's men walking with dinosaurs exhibit. Great photo-ops - although the Pope didn't exactly play the studio's game.

Didn't anyone tell Eve not to end a sentence with a preposition?!?!?!?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Well, Rick, she wanted to know where he was AT (an unfortunate language habit of Southerners that drives me crazy). :pound: But, apparently, Adam was too busying being used to floss Barney's teeth!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

All banter aside, if Ken Ham's review is accurate, I'd have to agree with him(Ham). If that movie butchered Noah's character half as badly as Ham says, there'll be a backlash.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

All banter aside, if Ken Ham's review is accurate, I'd have to agree with him(Ham). If that movie butchered Noah's character half as badly as Ham says, there'll be a backlash.
I agree. Hollywood just isn't going to put out a product about God's righteous judgement against sinful man, and how He sometimes has enacted severe yet just punishments. Hollywood wants to get Christians' bucks while staying just ambiguous and vague enough to pull in a mass secular audience. Despite some minor things, Mel Gibson's "The Passion of Christ" is about the most realistic, faith-based movie I've ever seen. I could scarcely watch it, and probably never will again. But I'm glad he made it and I'm glad I at least watched it once. On second thought, I may ask my boys to watch it with me sometime - I think they should have a better idea of the cost of their salvation.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I actually can't wait to see it, I never expected an accurate portrayal of the story so I have no illusions of what it will be like.
I think it will be a good thing, even though it is not accurate, it still opens up dialogue between believers and non-believers which is all ways a good thing.

Ken Ham is at his usual best, trying to spread fear, the persecution complex and dare I say hatred.

When he comes out and says:
"Friends, last night I watched the Hollywood (Paramount) movie Noah. It is much, much worse than I thought it would be - much worse. The director of the movie, Darren Aronofsky, has been quoted in the media as saying that Noah is 'the least biblical biblical film ever made,' and I agree wholeheartedly with him. I am disgusted. I am going to come right out and say it: this movie is disgusting and evil --- paganism!

Do you really want your family to see a pagan movie that portrays Noah as a psychopath who says that if his daughter-in-law's baby is a girl then he will kill her as soon as she's born? And when two girls are born, bloodstained Noah (the man the Bible calls 'righteous' in Genesis 7:1) brings a knife down to the head of one of the babies to kill her-and at the last minute doesn't do it. And then a bit later, Noah says he failed because he didn't kill the babies. How can we recommend this movie and then speak against abortion? Psychopathic Noah sees humans as a blight on the planet and wants to rid the world of people. ... Oh, and it is also a boring movie-yes, boring! Worst movie I think I've ever seen.

The movie begins with (and also states later on), 'In there beginning there was nothing.' However, the Bible states, 'In the beginning God' (Genesis 1:1). That really sums up the difference! ... I feel dirty-as if I have to somehow wash the evil off myself. I cannot believe there are Christian leaders who have recommended that people see this movie." ~ Ken Ham, Answers In Genesis
I have put in bold all the parts that I think are troubling, the vitriol coming from him is just astounding, I mean you can disagree with something without alienating, attacking and calling people names, where is the love and compassion of Christ in his words, where is the humbleness.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

I feel like I have to ask, what did anyone expect from this movie that makes them so upset that the film includes "artistic liberties" to make it more appealing to the audience? After all, if the film actually followed the biblical story verbatim, with no alterations or additions, it would be a dreadfully boring movie with dull (if not totally nonexistent) characters, and most of the film would involve literally nothing more than some people building a big boat...Either that or the whole film would be 15 minutes long.

I can't imagine even the most diehard Christian movie fans getting excited for a movie that followed the biblical story without any liberties taken.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Ivellious wrote:I feel like I have to ask, what did anyone expect from this movie that makes them so upset that the film includes "artistic liberties" to make it more appealing to the audience? After all, if the film actually followed the biblical story verbatim, with no alterations or additions, it would be a dreadfully boring movie with dull (if not totally nonexistent) characters, and most of the film would involve literally nothing more than some people building a big boat...Either that or the whole film would be 15 minutes long.

I can't imagine even the most diehard Christian movie fans getting excited for a movie that followed the biblical story without any liberties taken.
Exactly Ivellious, I already expected the to be liberties taken, it was never meant to be a Christian movie.

People are up in arms for absolutely no reason, nothing to see here folks.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Exactly Ivellious, I already expected the to be liberties taken, it was never meant to be a Christian movie.

Many of the people who will have absolutely no problems with any supposed Biblical inaccuracies probably view the REAL story to be only fiction, to begin with. And even IF they believe in God, they probably don't believe that He would wipe out all but one family in all of humanity. Such people have a PC image of God - that He's all and ONLY about love, and surely wouldn't do such a thing as in Noah's ark story.

The one thing I always think about is how hard it must have been for (pre-flood) Noah and his family to remain faithful to God amidst such horrible wickedness. And that Noah's faith was so great as to take on such an enormous task and such a long time commitment as building the ark must have been (I'm sure just scratching out a living was already nearly a full-time thing) - and obviously, against the (LONG-time) backdrop of those laughing and ridiculing him.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

The director of the movie, Darren Aronofsky, has been quoted in the media as saying that Noah is 'the least biblical biblical film ever made,...
I'm speaking on the assumption that this quote is accurate.

The guy makes an unbiblical biblical movie, and you guys are wondering why people don't like it.

Daniel,
Let me ask you this...if there was an accurate story written about the life of someone you cared about, and someone made a movie about the book, and the movie completely misrepresented who that person was, that would be ok with you?

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I actually can't wait to see it, I never expected an accurate portrayal of the story so I have no illusions of what it will be like.
I think it will be a good thing, even though it is not accurate, it still opens up dialogue between believers and non-believers which is all ways a good thing.

Ken Ham is at his usual best, trying to spread fear, the persecution complex and dare I say hatred.

"Friends, last night I watched the Hollywood (Paramount) movie Noah. It is much, much worse than I thought it would be - much worse. The director of the movie, Darren Aronofsky, has been quoted in the media as saying that Noah is 'the least biblical biblical film ever made,' and I agree wholeheartedly with him. I am disgusted. I am going to come right out and say it: this movie is disgusting and evil --- paganism!

Do you really want your family to see a pagan movie that portrays Noah as a psychopath who says that if his daughter-in-law's baby is a girl then he will kill her as soon as she's born? And when two girls are born, bloodstained Noah (the man the Bible calls 'righteous' in Genesis 7:1) brings a knife down to the head of one of the babies to kill her-and at the last minute doesn't do it. And then a bit later, Noah says he failed because he didn't kill the babies. How can we recommend this movie and then speak against abortion? Psychopathic Noah sees humans as a blight on the planet and wants to rid the world of people. ... Oh, and it is also a boring movie-yes, boring! Worst movie I think I've ever seen.

The movie begins with (and also states later on), 'In there beginning there was nothing.' However, the Bible states, 'In the beginning God' (Genesis 1:1). That really sums up the difference! ... I feel dirty-as if I have to somehow wash the evil off myself. I cannot believe there are Christian leaders who have recommended that people see this movie." ~ Ken Ham, Answers In Genesis
I have put in bold all the parts that I think are troubling, the vitriol coming from him is just astounding, I mean you can disagree with something without alienating, attacking and calling people names, where is the love and compassion of Christ in his words, where is the humbleness.
Daniel,

I reread the article, and I missed where Ken Ham was calling people names. In fact, I didn't even see any attacking.
The more I read this, the more I agree with Ham on this one.
If the filmmaker wants to twist scripture to make a movie he profits off of, he deserves all the backlash he gets.

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:

Many of the people who will have absolutely no problems with any supposed Biblical inaccuracies probably view the REAL story to be only fiction, to begin with. And even IF they believe in God, they probably don't believe that He would wipe out all but one family in all of humanity. Such people have a PC image of God - that He's all and ONLY about love, and surely wouldn't do such a thing as in Noah's ark story.

The one thing I always think about is how hard it must have been for (pre-flood) Noah and his family to remain faithful to God amidst such horrible wickedness. And that Noah's faith was so great as to take on such an enormous task and such a long time commitment as building the ark must have been (I'm sure just scratching out a living was already nearly a full-time thing) - and obviously, against the (LONG-time) backdrop of those laughing and ridiculing him.

I actually believe the story to be a real occurance, so I am not sure what you are saying to me.

I am not PC about anything in the Bible and I really don't see what this has to do with what Ken Ham does. We are called to be gentle in our dealings, firm and wise but gentle as doves and I really don't see that in Ken Ham's words. He is inciting anger, strife, division and an us and them mentality and I think it is not the way God wants us to act. Sure come out and say your not happy with the movie and the inaccuracies but do it in a manner befitting someone who follows Christ.
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I actually can't wait to see it, I never expected an accurate portrayal of the story so I have no illusions of what it will be like.

Daniel,

I reread the article, and I missed where Ken Ham was calling people names. In fact, I didn't even see any attacking.
The more I read this, the more I agree with Ham on this one.
If the filmmaker wants to twist scripture to make a movie he profits off of, he deserves all the backlash he gets.

Ken Ham called them Pagans, that's pretty much name calling if you ask me.

Read the below statement that I quoted from the AIG website, written on Ken Ham's blog.

http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs ... -paganism/