Swearing

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Anonymous

Swearing

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Everyone!

Have you as a Christian ever had any problems with Swearing?
I used to swear a lot before I became a Christian. I still do occassionally.
It became a habit really. Not having a Christian enviroment when I grew up and being surrounded by friends at school who were not Christians and wanted to be considered 'Hard' constantly swore and it rubbed off on me.

My question is what do you do in place of Swearing?
Like for example when you hit your fingure accidentally with a hammer whilist trying to hammer a nail into the wall?
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

My friend,

Seek for ways to be closer to God.

To do so, you must access God through Jesus Christ.

He is the only way. You will be changed naturally when you commit yourself to our Lord truthfully and faithfully.

I thank you for your effort in seeking for a fuller life.

It shows courage of you and I am sure God is proud of you for taking the right step. You don't need to make anyone proud in this world, you don't need to make yourself proud, you only need to make God proud. For that is the highest compliment one can receive in life.

Good for you and I'm very happy for you.

May God encourage you to seek for him in order for you to enjoy a fuller life.

Peace be with you.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Source of life, I have allready accepted Jesus and welcomed him into my life. I am trying to stop myself swearing out of habit and wanted any suggestions you may have to help me stop swearing.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Accepting Jesus Christ is a good start :)

I am happy for that, but do not think that just because you accepted Jesus Christ, you are automatically close.

People have spent their entire lifetime, over 70-80 years seeking for the Lord.

So try to re-perceive my first post under this mind-set, then you will understand :)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

How about you just let it be? Swearing is only as bad as you feel it is. The occasional cuss word when you bang your head into a wall isn't going to kill you. It's also a useful way to vent anger, instead of pounding somebody in the face.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

There would be no need to vent anger when you don't have anger to begin with.

By following God's way, it is very possible to eliminate anger.

Thus that is how one become peaceful.

:)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

We're not all as enlightened as you are.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

My friend :)

You will become enlighten by making strong commitment to God.

I assure you.

Just as God sacrifice his only son Jesus Christ for us, we should sacrifice any way we can in our conduct to be close to God.

I mean no offense at all, I am just a average person who was fortunate enough to be close to God.

You too have that option if you seek for it.

I wish you success :)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I was just joking, relax. :p
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Mastermind, from many of our direct conversation, I think for the best of your interest, you should find a mentor to guide and lead you in the right way. Someone who served for the Lord for many years from the beginning.

I am worry that you may go astray, and when you go astray, you often don't know it.

You seem to refuse to accept the facts of the Bible and find own ways to justify the wrongs, that is critical and you must seek help immediately.

I wish you success in being closer to the Lord.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

The Spirit is my mentor. When I walk, I walk with Him guiding me. If He should choose to put a mentor in my path, so be it. If not, who are you to judge?
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

The spiritual realm is very complex. The original message and intent can be interrupted by darkness. That is why you need the Bible and source of confirmation to guide you to the spirit.

No one but God can judge you, not even yourself can judge yourself.

That is why I am not someone who can judge. I am only trying to help by seeing your action through the ways from God's law.

You would not question my judgement if you knew the law, but then again if you knew the law you wouldn't have this post. :)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

SourceofLiFe wrote:The spiritual realm is very complex. The original message and intent can be interrupted by darkness. That is why you need the Bible and source of confirmation to guide you to the spirit.

No one but God can judge you, not even yourself can judge yourself.

That is why I am not someone who can judge. I am only trying to help by judging the ways from God's law.

You would not question my judgement if you knew the law, but then again if you knew the law you wouldn't have this post. :)
Believe it or not, I know more about the law than you would think. I would appreciate it if you stopped making unfounded statements about either my knowledge or faith. You know close to nothing about me, and flaunting your superiority and holiness, while assuming you are all knowing will not help either of us. At any rate, there is only one judgement I do not question: God's.
SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member

Post by SourceofLiFe »

Defending yourself is not the right way to prosperity.

Those who actively question themselves and their actions are those who will learn and prosper.

Does Satan question his own actions? No he doesn't, he has pride in himself and his pride overwhelm his visions.

Whereas, most Christian question their actions, confessing their sins and seek for forgiveness from the Lord. Then they thank Jesus Christ for forgiveness.

I hope you confess yourself, I confess myself all the time. Confessing yourself is not a bad quality.

I will no longer reply to your post, as you clearly reject my support.

If you knew the law, then you wouldn't think swearing is right or having tattoo is right.

Thinking you know everything when in reality you don't is a deception you placed upon yourself.

I don't see why you see my care for you as an offense.

Since when I have made myself more "holiness" and claim any status?

I think you should see things from another angle, engage with God. Make sure you are really on the right path to God.

I wish you best of luck and success.

Take care.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I never said they were "right". I consider them neutral issues, as long as you don't swear at other people or use profanity(taking the Lord's name in vain).