Anyone had any healings lately?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Anyone had any healings lately?

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:Christian Science is NOT from the Bible.

I have found very interesting link http://www.christianway.org/CS%20and%20 ... 0Bible.htm
And there are even personal testimonies of former Christian scientists in the menu bar.
That is a good site Hana. They even have a forum there, where you can talk to ex-Christian Scientists.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:
1over137 wrote:Christian Science is NOT from the Bible.

I have found very interesting link http://www.christianway.org/CS%20and%20 ... 0Bible.htm
And there are even personal testimonies of former Christian scientists in the menu bar.
That is a good site Hana. They even have a forum there, where you can talk to ex-Christian Scientists.
Yeah, I was amazed by what I found. And on my first Google try.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Post by ChristianScientistAnn »

christianway.org is not a good site, obviously, for information on Christian Science. If you go to a site for former nuns, you won't find reliable information about Catholicism either. You don't find out about math by going to a site for people who didn't get good grades in math. You don't judge math by the mathematicians, but by the rules of math. It either works or it doesn't, when PROPERLY applied. The test of whether 2+2=4 is to test it.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

You know how people are healed? It is when God WANTS TO heal them. And yes, through prayer, God also works. He unquestionably is STILL in the miracle business. I've seen them in my own life. But guess what? There are many millions of Christians who have long been praying that all manners of their afflictions be healed, and yet they still have them. A very large percentage of such people DO have a strong faith, and they DO pray, unceasingly, for their ailments - and yet God has not relieved them of their afflictions. Why might that be? Just maybe God has purpose in their sufferings.

If Christian Science, as described, actually worked, it's be the fastest-growing group of all. And yet, ALL Christian Scientists, in the very same numbers and percentages as others in society, have the very same diseases and afflictions. And they all die at the very same rates. That should tell us something. No belief METHOD heals, but God does, as He so pleases and WHEN He so pleases - and sometimes, even often, not at all - as His purposes are sometimes otherwise. And get this - God calls us to suffering and afflictions. Some would have us believe that God never wants us to be sick, or that being sick shows a lack of belief or faith, or improper interpretation of reality. How many times did the Apostle Paul pray for relief from his "thorn in the side?"

http://carm.org/christian-science-religion-christian
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:christianway.org is not a good site, obviously, for information on Christian Science. If you go to a site for former nuns, you won't find reliable information about Catholicism either. You don't find out about math by going to a site for people who didn't get good grades in math. You don't judge math by the mathematicians, but by the rules of math. It either works or it doesn't, when PROPERLY applied. The test of whether 2+2=4 is to test it.
To the judging: I saw quotes from the book Science and Health (not only on that page) and comparing to the Bible...
Do you view the book Science and Health in harmony with the Bible?

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hi Ann

God healed my heart, I was a stone cold emotionless person but God changed me and healed from what I thought was impossible. y@};-
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Daniel, I'm glad you're sticking around! :D
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Philip wrote:Daniel, I'm glad you're sticking around! :D
Ditto!
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Hi Ann

God healed my heart, I was a stone cold emotionless person but God changed me and healed what I thought was impossible. y@};-
Ditto!
Philip wrote:You know how people are healed? It is when God WANTS TO heal them.
Ditto!

FL :wave:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Thanks guys, I'm over my hissy fit.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Daniel's healing is inspiring. Our spiritual struggles are more difficult sometimes than our physical difficulties. Grateful to hear.

The God I know and love is only Love, only good. The word "God" comes from the word good. See dictionary.
Supreme Goodness or divine Love does not tempt us with sin, or give us trials, disease, death, typhoons, etc. God is our dear Parent (our Father-Mother Mind) not our Afflicter, confounding us at every miserable step. God is Light, not darkness.

Certainly some healings take a long time, but they eventually happen, and not when God FINALLY wants to be nice. God is unchanging Principle, Love.
Healing. Our temporal thinking is finally (through prayer and study of the Word) made to be in conformity (through Christ) with Truth (God), and then we are ready to receive His grace, which was there all along. (ie. the sun is always shining but the clouds hide it temporarily.)With a glimpse of the way God made us in Genesis 1: "very good," healing happens! It's a law.

It's been years since a time in my life when I had migraine headaches that sent me to bed. I praise God for that!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:B.W.,
I am glad you think a lot about healing. It’s so important. “By their fruits ye shall know them.”

A few corrections about your post are needed:

In Christian Science, it is the infinite power of the ever-present all-powerful Mind of Christ that heals, not will-power, hypnotism, positive thinking, faith-healing, or chanting. Christian Science isn’t New Thought Metaphysics at all. It isn’t mind over matter. I don’t know E W Kenyon.

Unfortunately, to this day there continues to be misinformation about Phineas Quimby (1802–1866), but it is well documented in Gillian Gill’s book (a non-Christian Scientist author) that he didn’t originate Christian Science. Quimby was all about mesmerism, or what we call hypnotism. Hypnotism is not good. Christian Science is from the Bible, and so it is all about Spirit, and was discovered in 1866 by Mary Baker Eddy (1821–1910). She was the Founder of The Church of Christ, Scientist.

Yes, it’s true that Christ Jesus didn’t heal everyone. He usually waited for them to come to him. He rarely went up to someone to heal them but very occasionally he did, as with the woman bowed over. He often asked a question before healing. Not every person who is sick wants a healing! “Wilt thou be made whole?”

Yes, after being healed everyone should give glory to God, as those healed by Jesus did. I give glory to God over and over whenever I’m healed of any problem and long after, whether it was warts, or a deformed foot. I publically testify at church. (Neo-x, this thread doesn’t make me laugh, but other threads on this website have.)
Hi Ann,

I would have responded sooner but an issue with my computer delayed me a bit. Due to a recent automatic JAVA update I had problems with my PC. Next the geek in me opened code command lines in the file and discovered coding that placed add banners and pop ups on my PC. Since I am set for auto updates, it ran accepting the terms of everything in the update without my knowledge. Made a mess.

First off, Jesus heals by grace and he, God, is sovereign in such matters. Yes, He heals today and he also elects not to heal as well too. The bible teaches this principle. Often Jesus healed only one or two people in a crowd, other times, he healed everyone. I have seen him work today in the same way. This important thing to remember is Isaiah 53:1-12

Isa 53:1 Who really believed what we heard? Who saw in it the LORD'S great power? 2 He was always close to the Lord. He grew up like a young plant, like a root growing in dry ground. There was nothing special or impressive about the way he looked, nothing we could see that would cause us to like him. 3 People made fun of him, and even his friends left him. He was a man who suffered a lot of pain and sickness. We treated him like someone of no importance, like someone people will not even look at but turn away from in disgust.

Isa 53:4 The fact is, it was our suffering he took on himself; he bore our pain. But we thought that God was punishing him, that God was beating him for something he did. 5 But he was being punished for what we did. He was crushed because of our guilt. He took the punishment we deserved, and this brought us peace. We were healed because of his pain. (NKJV reads: and by His stripes we are healed).

Isa 53:6 We had all wandered away like sheep. We had gone our own way. And yet the LORD put all our guilt on him. 7 He was treated badly, but he never protested. He said nothing, like a lamb being led away to be killed. He was like a sheep that makes no sound as its wool is being cut off. He never opened his mouth to defend himself. 8 He was taken away by force and judged unfairly. The people of his time did not even notice that he was killed. But he was put to death for the sins of his people.

Isa 53:9 He had done no wrong to anyone. He had never even told a lie. But he was buried among the wicked. His tomb was with the rich. 10 But the LORD was pleased with this humble servant who suffered such pain. Even after giving himself as an offering for sin, he will see his descendants and enjoy a long life. He will succeed in doing what the LORD wanted. 11 After his suffering he will see the light, and he will be satisfied with what he experienced. The Lord says, "My servant, who always does what is right, will make his people right with me; he will take away their sins. 12 For this reason, I will treat him as one of my great people. I will give him the rewards of one who wins in battle, and he will share them with his powerful ones. I will do this because he gave his life for the people. He was considered a criminal, but the truth is, he carried away the sins of many. Now he will stand before me and speak for those who have sinned."
From the ESV

In verse 5 it stated that: 'We were healed because of his pain' and NKJV interprets verse as 'and by His stripes we are healed'

Do you not realize that even if God says no to physical healings, he still heals? He may say no to a physical healing in this mortal life, but in the one to come, his people will be restored and made completely whole. For example, I have prayed for several cancer patients. Three in particular were prayed for by their church community (at different times) for a total physical healing using much of what E W Kenyon taught which was derived from Christian Science. They believed and confessed their force of faith etc and etc…

After the crowds left, I asked these cancer patients what they really wanted. Each person, all three, years apart from each incident, whom did not know each other answered in the same manner: Please Pray for my family and friends not to fall away from the Lord as they do not understand. Keep them in the Faith of Christ…

I asked what they really wanted, and all three, in their own ways basically stated: They saw Jesus, and know a permanent healing lay ahead, as they glimpsed heaven. So I asked if they wanted to go home to the Lord, and yes was the answer. So I prayed for their soon release, and all three passed on either that night or next day. Sure the church members were devastated and so were the families. From that, I learn what Isaiah 53:5 is conveying. God is sovereign and yes he heals physically but how he heals is not on our terms.

There was another cancer patient and a person with MS whom the Lord Jesus brought across my path. The Lord healed them, not by me, but me as only a servant to them. Both were totally healed and healings were both doctor/test verified. Each person had a testimony yet to live that brought members of their families and others to the Lord that at the time, I was unaware of.

The woman the Lord Jesus healed of ovary cancer had two little kids. She still lives, serving the Lord in her quiet yet profound way for the past 7 years. The woman with MS too is still free from MS for the past 27 years. Yet, others, with MS I have prayed for, still have MS but remarkably their faith is intact in Jesus Christ despite him saying no to their immediate psychical healing. They know they will, one day be free, and that is good enough for them. They understand.

There is a big difference with biblically based Christianity as opposed to Christian Science and that is this – we testify of Christ Jesus alone as healer. Christian Science, as you so aptly stated merely glorify the works of Eddy and Qumiby and you just did – have you not? Eddy refined Quimby’s ideas – the well she drew from was his.

There is more to Isaiah 53:5 (by His stripes we are healed) than folks realize too. This is found in Isaiah 61:1-4 which Jesus quoted in Luke chapter Four.

Isaiah 61:1-4 from the NLT reads, The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed 2 He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord’s favor has come, and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies. 3 To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory. 4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins, repairing cities destroyed long ago. They will revive them, though they have been deserted for many generations.

There is healing that comes through the good news (gospel) of Jesus Christ. There is healing of the broken and shattered hearts which life brings, Healings form the thing that hold folks captive, addicted, and what holds them prisoners. The things that infest a person like rejection, abandonment, betrayal, those issues in crazy families – like when as a child one is pushed away by parents, and denied being held – all affect the future life of a person. I can add bitterness, malice to the list too, abuse, neglect…

Jesus will heal us of these things, now, and free us from their effects. Romans 8:30 is true and so is Romans 12:1, 2c. This is far greater than 100 per cent physical healings all the time. I have seen this and the Lord has used me as a simple servant to live the Isaiah 61:1-4 way and in that he alone is glorified and not me as I cannot heal anyone.

That Isaiah 61:1-4 way expresses in verses 2 thru 4 that we preach the good news of the life transforming work of Christ to all and demonstrate it boldly and to tell of the eternal consequences of rejecting Christ that will cause those that reject to face God’s wrath. He saved us from that wrath and from what holds us captive and saves us from a shattered heart.

And in verse 4, we are to pass this torch on and help others rebuild their lives from the ruins of life into the image of the character and duties of the Living Jesus Christ – not an idea, not a concept, not anything else but what comes from sovereignty of Almighty God.

Physical healings alone can be important but what is important to the Lord is our faith in him even when he says NO. During the testing trials of our faith we become healed of our broken hearts, set free from what holds us in slavery, and from this – we are transformed in ways profound. It is not by divine mind, nor, ooee gooey love, that sets free but rather by people finding God our savior the Real Jesus Christ who makes us whole by His grace alone as He see’s fit.

Christian Science does not teach this, nor does its philosophy. It instead teaches about a god not found in the bible but rather in the mind of occultist principles. I can go to their websites and discover that they do not teach the truth about God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit as CS teaches that…

God is incorporeal Spirit--creative Principle, supreme, omnipotent Father-Mother, omnipresent, omniscient--the only intelligence and all that actually exists. God is Mind, Spirit, Soul, Principle, Life, Truth, and Love. "God is All-in-all." Mary Baker Eddy ...

This science of mind does teach metaphysics and teaches to deny matter as it is written in her-own works, see below:

The only reality of sin, sickness, or death is the awful fact that unrealities seem real to human, erring belief, until God strips off their disguise" (Science and Health, Mary Baker Eddy, 472:27-29).

The unrealities – what are they? The Physical world does not really exist but human beings subject themselves to the laws of matter to make it exist, so all one needs is the divine mind to get back to the spirit world… Sin, sickness and death only exist because people only think they do. These are the things Eddy taught all verified by her-own writings.

Here is more evidence: Scientific Statement of Being

There is no life, truth, intelligence, nor substance in matter.
All is infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation, for God is All-in-all.
Spirit is immortal Truth; matter is mortal error.
Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the unreal and temporal.
Spirit is God, and man is His image and likeness.
Therefore man is not material; he is spiritual. (S&H 468)

Here are more quotes from Science and Health that show Eddy’s doctrine is not at all biblically based:

"Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being," … "Is this addition to His creation real or unreal? Is it the truth, or is it a lie concerning man and God? It must be a lie, for God presently curses the ground..."(S&H 524:13-27).

"One sacrifice, however great, is insufficient to pay the debt of sin. The atonement requires constant self-immolation on the sinner’s part. That God’s wrath should be vented upon His beloved Son, is divinely unnatural. Such a theory is man-made" (S&H 23:3-7).

"The material blood of Jesus was no more efficacious to cleanse from sin when it was shed upon ‘the accursed tree,’ than when it was flowing in his veins as he went daily about his Father’s business" (S&H 25:6-8).

"The admission to one’s self that man is God’s own likeness sets man free to master the infinite idea" (S&H 90:24-25).

"Father-Mother is the name for Deity, which indicates His tender relationship to His spiritual creation" (S&H 332:4-5.).

"Mind is the I AM, or infinity. Mind never enters the finite. . .but infinite Mind can never be in man . . .a portion of God could not enter man" (S&H 336:1-2,13,19-20).

". . . and recognize that Jesus Christ is not God, as Jesus himself declared, but is the Son of God" (S&H 361:11-13).

"Evil; a lie; error; neither corporeality nor mind; the opposite of Truth; a belief in sin, sickness, and death; animal magnetism or hypnotism; the lust of the flesh, which saith: ‘I am life and intelligence in matter. There is more than one mind, for I am mind, - a wicked mind, self-made or created by a tribal god and put into the opposite of mind, termed matter, thence to reproduce a mortal universe, including man, not after the image and likeness of Spirit, but after its own image." (S&H 584:17-25).

And… Please note what Jude 1:5 NLT says, “I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Notice it says – for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Now notice what Christian Science (Eddy) states:

"If there had never existed such a person as the Galilean Prophet, it would make no difference to me." (The First Church of Christ Scientist and Miscellany, pp. 318, 319).

Did Eddy not teach 'to deny the true Jesus Christ?'

So dear Ann, I suggest that you read all of Romans 5:1-21 as the Lord desire to heal you for real…

So - In the name of Jesus Christ may the Lord open your eyes, heart and be set free to meet the real Lord of Glory...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Amen.

#foreverinmyheart
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

(FYI
One of the quotes that B.W. used from Mrs. Eddy was taken out of context: My 318,319. It's blasphemous out of context.)

Thanks for telling about your experiences, B.W.

My motives for being at this forum are to encourage atheists, enjoy fellowship, learn stuff, encourage fellow Christians. In this thread I am endeavoring to encourage folks to tell about their healings.

When I was a child, our dentist told my mother that a tooth or mine was "impacted." It was stuck in the gum two teeth over from where it should have been, and he recommended surgery. My mother prayed for a year, (she was a student of Christian Science), and at the next dental appointment the dentist said it was a "miracle." My tooth had moved over and had come down in the right place. I don't know what exact ideas she prayed with but I do know the whole family was very grateful to God.

Luke 10: 1 ...the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
Luke 10: 2. Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth laborers into his harvest.
Luke 10: 17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Hi Ann

Yes mine was more of a spiritual healing, I have never had a physical healing.

But I do know loads of people who have had physical healing, the one that really stands out in my mind is my friends nephew Leo. Leo was born with a childhood cancer - Rhabdomyosarcoma. He was treated by the doctors for the cancer and had multiple churches around the world praying for him, he beat the cancer with chemo and radiation therapy, unfortunately however the cancer returned after treatment. The doctors tried their best to save him but the cancer was too aggressive and they sent him home to palliative care so he could at least enjoy the little time he had left. His parents, family and churches never gave up hope and continued to pray, once he got home he started to improve in his health and they sent him for a scan to check on the tumor, it had shrunk and he was going into remission. The doctors were completely baffled as this just does not happen and even they have said it is a complete miracle, he is not quite out of the woods but he is going from strength to strength every day and living a normal life. If anyone would like to follow his FB page just shoot me a private message, the more prayer warriors for this child the better.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

CSA wrote:
One of the quotes that B.W. used from Mrs. Eddy was taken out of context: My 318,319. It's blasphemous out of context.)
Show us the context then. I'd like to see.

Here's an interesting conversation on the topic if anyone's interested. And one of the people discussing is named Ann y:-?
http://www.christianway.org/forums/Topic16518-23-1.aspx
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony