Science or history?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Science or history?

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote:Why, Stu - what possible thing does it change for us? What eternal consequence? What spiritual impact? What?!!!
Well put that question to the thousands of individuals who have dedicated websites to these issues.
Interpretation of the Bible is important. If there are numerous interpretations out there of what certain elements mean, the Bible can become diluted and questioned more easily.
Yeah, I guess they were all just mellow plant eaters.

http://www.popsci.com/article/science/f ... cked-fight
That's not what I said, you made the claim that they were so significant that they should've been included in the Bible, because they were large vicious creatures. I said that was not necessarily so.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Yeah, I guess they were all just mellow plant eaters. http://www.popsci.com/article/science/f ... cked-fight
That's not what I said, you made the claim that they were so significant that they should've been included in the Bible, because they were large vicious creatures. I said that was not necessarily so.
I agree that we can't assume that Scripture would necessarily highlight such creatures. But I would think references to them would be not just in Scripture, but well documented in primitive early art - with no mistaking as to what they were. And if they were obviously aggressive, carnivorous meat eaters, they would have presented an immense threat to any humans living near them. I don't think Hollywood depictions matter to the obviously blood-soaked fossil record. As for the supposed Scriptural references to dinosaurs, I just can't imagine that the references wouldn't be more explicit - especially as those like T Rex would have created vast shock, awe and fear. I find the belief that they coexisted rather absurd. Of course, this goes back to the arguments over time and death before the fall. But, again, none of this truly matters in relation to what God wants us to know about how we are to live our lives in an eternal relationship with Him.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

OEC and YEC interpretations have no bearing on the atonement of Christ. These are things that I believe Christians are free to disagree about, unless they affect the gospel.

And as much as I disagree with the YEC interpretation, it doesn't affect the gospel.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

OEC and YEC interpretations have no bearing on the atonement of Christ. These are things that I believe Christians are free to disagree about, unless they affect the gospel.

And as much as I disagree with the YEC interpretation, it doesn't affect the gospel.
Exactly!