Anyone had any healings lately?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes

Post by ChristianScientistAnn »

Hi,

I am grateful to this site for making me laugh very very hard. Laughter is the best. It's wonderful.

Anyone had any healings lately? For the last ten years, I have been keeping a log of healings of problems in my own life, solely through prayer. So far it's about 120 pages long in point form. Lots of healings of every kind. I know I would not remember them all if I didn't write them down. I recommend keeping this kind of a log! It's inspiring.

Ann
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Anyone had any healings lately?

Post by RickD »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:
Hi Ann,

I think I told this story here a while back, but I think it's worth mentioning again, considering your post.

A while back, I was having a rather bad case of insomnia. Then one Sunday I went to hear a certain pastor preach. He had the gift of healing. I was sitting there for probably about 15 minutes, and he was so boring that I fell right to sleep. HE HEALED MY INSOMNIA!!!! :sleep:

:mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

This is welcoming thread.
Maybe would be better to post your question in a new thread.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Good idea, 1over137!
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:Anyone had any healings lately?
Hello. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is...rather long. I go by the initials FL. These stand for Friendship and Love. I used to be a hard-hearted, unfeeling person but since coming to the Lard, I am now soft & mushy.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
ChristianScientistAnn wrote:Anyone had any healings lately?
Hello. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is...rather long. I go by the initials FL. These stand for Friendship and Love. I used to be a hard-hearted, unfeeling person but since coming to the Lard, I am now soft & mushy.

FL
FL,

I don't think that's really a healing. It's probably more like an emasculation. :cheeking:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

I take that as no? No healings lately.
I heard a true version of your insomnia story, RickD, except it wasn't boredom but new insight, that healed him, and he fell asleep in church for the first time in ages.
And I heard a true version of your story, FL. A woman who testified at the Ottawa, Ontario church said she had a cold suddenly when she was at work. She was a teller in a bank. She decided to be really good (Christliness) to the customers as a way to prove that she was the image and likeness of God as it says in Genesis 1. At first it felt like playacting. Then she got into it. And finally she realized that she was all better! All within an hour.
I had a healing of a sore throat instantly last week, and a healing of a backache the week before. Healing is a part of my life and the lives of everyone in my family and at church. I take it for granted, but I'm grateful to God for it.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I once watched a Benny Hinn "show" on which a lady who claimed to be paralyzed, went up on stage in a wheelchair. Then Mr. Hinn touched her and she walked off the stage "healed". It must be true. I believe everyone when they say they are healed.

Ann,

We have some pretty discerning believers here. So don't be surprised if nobody buys what you're selling.

-Edward R Murrow

ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

I've always understood Benny Hinn to be an entertainer, and the healings he performs to be hoaxes or hypnotism, or merely faith healing which is often temporary. I've only seen minutes of his work on youtube. I'm not interested in it.
The tiny claims (sore throat, backache) I made about my own recent health, cannot be proven to you through a discussion, because you don't know me. You don't know whether I'm honest, deluded etc. So then, should I desist on that basis from enumerating the other healings I have personally had over the decades (and my husband and two grown sons and cat) through spiritual prayer alone? They are endless. A-Z. Serious and ordinary. I praise God for them all. Seems right to let it be known.
I'm glad you feel the forum believers are discerning. That's important. I wouldn't want anyone to take my word for it.
All the Bible prophets healed. Christ Jesus said we would all do the same as he did and greater if we follow him. Jesus healed. His disciples healed. The apostles healed. It was part of Christianity until about 300 AD.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1over137 wrote:To all: Please continue this debate in a new thread. This is welcoming thread.
Isn't this the new thread?

Saw several today, however, not the New Thought Metaphysics type taught by Marry Eddy Baker and Quimby...

Actually seen quite a few healings over the years the most dramatic are - brain tumors vanish - Dr verified by MRI. Several folks recover from drop dead heart attacks - ie came back from the brink defying all medical prognosis... an amputated little toe - pop back out of the foot...

There are others, and these folks were healed by the risen from the dead Jesus Christ by his grace alone - not by some chant of works of mind over matter as Christian Science Metaphysics and E W Kenyon tout but rather by the Resurrection power of the Lord by the work of the living person of the sovereign Holy Spirit.

There are more I have seen. I'll see if the person healed of the brain tumors is willing to post on line - the before and after MRI and CAT scans. Let me also state that the Lord is sovereign and heals, and as recorded in the bible, he did not heal everyone all the time but often healed but one particular person midst the crowd. The Pool of Siloam incident where Jesus went and healed one person out of a large crowd is one such incident. Next, the folks in the bible healed by Jesus, what did they do after being healed? Did they give glory to Jesus or the ideas of quipped Mr Quimby and Eddy...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:Hi,

I am grateful to this site for making me laugh very very hard. Laughter is the best. It's wonderful.

Anyone had any healings lately? For the last ten years, I have been keeping a log of healings of problems in my own life, solely through prayer. So far it's about 120 pages long in point form. Lots of healings of every kind. I know I would not remember them all if I didn't write them down. I recommend keeping this kind of a log! It's inspiring.

Ann
Why would this site make you laugh?

Secondly, a lot of people don't get healed.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

1over137 wrote:To all: Please continue this debate in a new thread. This is welcoming thread.
I am confused, is there another thread already or should be made?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote:
I am confused, is there another thread already or should be made?
I just moved the posts from the welcome forum to here. This is the proper thread for this discussion.

I deleted the post saying to continue in another thread. Sorry for the confusion.

-Edward R Murrow

ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

B.W.,
I am glad you think a lot about healing. It’s so important. “By their fruits ye shall know them.”
A few corrections about your post are needed:
In Christian Science, it is the infinite power of the ever-present all-powerful Mind of Christ that heals, not will-power, hypnotism, positive thinking, faith-healing, or chanting. Christian Science isn’t New Thought Metaphysics at all. It isn’t mind over matter. I don’t know E W Kenyon.
Unfortunately, to this day there continues to be misinformation about Phineas Quimby (1802–1866), but it is well documented in Gillian Gill’s book (a non-Christian Scientist author) that he didn’t originate Christian Science. Quimby was all about mesmerism, or what we call hypnotism. Hypnotism is not good. Christian Science is from the Bible, and so it is all about Spirit, and was discovered in 1866 by Mary Baker Eddy (1821–1910). She was the Founder of The Church of Christ, Scientist.
Yes, it’s true that Christ Jesus didn’t heal everyone. He usually waited for them to come to him. He rarely went up to someone to heal them but very occasionally he did, as with the woman bowed over. He often asked a question before healing. Not every person who is sick wants a healing! “Wilt thou be made whole?”
Yes, after being healed everyone should give glory to God, as those healed by Jesus did. I give glory to God over and over whenever I’m healed of any problem and long after, whether it was warts, or a deformed foot. I publically testify at church.
(Neo-x, this thread doesn’t make me laugh, but other threads on this website have.)
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Christian Science is NOT from the Bible.

I have found very interesting link http://www.christianway.org/CS%20and%20 ... 0Bible.htm
And there are even personal testimonies of former Christian scientists in the menu bar.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart