Paralyzed Man walks again

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Paralyzed Man walks again

Post by B. W. »

Man paralyzed from the waist down is now walking. This is a classic healing from the Lord in todays world... The NBC news agency is not known for pro-Christian positions either... so dig deeper and look into this more.

http://www.wthr.com/story/24543339/2014 ... er-miracle
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Paralyzed Man walks again

Post by RickD »

B. W. wrote:Man paralyzed from the waist down is now walking. This is a classic healing from the Lord in todays world... The NBC news agency is not known for pro-Christian positions either... so dig deeper and look into this more.

http://www.wthr.com/story/24543339/2014 ... er-miracle
-
-
-
How do you know this is a miracle? You're absolutely sure there's no other explanation?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Paralyzed Man walks again

Post by Ivellious »

The reporting on this story is pretty poor. I mean, no mention of why he was paralyzed/what caused his paralysis? No quotes from his doctors explaining his condition? No follow up after he regained the ability to walk? It's a nice story, but I'm going to guess that there is a lot more that could have been said.

There are lots of ways that people can become suddenly paralyzed and then suddenly regain function once the problem is flushed out of your system (certain drugs and toxins, parasites, infections, etc). Since this person didn't have a catastrophic spinal or brain injury that caused his sudden paralysis, one of those problems is likely the cause.

really not trying to be a downer, I'm just saying that the story itself looks like it was written up with zero real reporting or work.