Question

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Question

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Philip wrote:
You are the only girl here. Pour yourself a hot chocolate and talk to yourself.

FL :mrgreen:
Ooh, pretty harsh! :shock:
1over137 wrote:What 'here' means? This thread or the whole forum?
One or the other. There are very few women who post here. Why is that?

FL y:-?
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Because they are forced to be in kitchen.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

1over137 wrote:Because they are forced to be in kitchen.
Or at the shoe store.

FL y@};-
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
1over137 wrote:Because they are forced to be in kitchen.
Or at the shoe store.

FL y@};-
Speaking of shoes and women in the kitchen, do you all know why women have small feet?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Speaking of shoes and women in the kitchen, do you all know why women have small feet?
So that they can stand closer to the sink.

FL :eugeek:

+ + +

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yeah, FL talks a funny, macho game with his online pals - but at home: "HOW high do you want me to jump, sweety?" :pound: Yep, I bet he's a sensitive man around HIS HOUSE! :P He's a dead man if she reads his recent posts! :fryingpan:
FlawedIntellect
Established Member

Post by FlawedIntellect »

Philip wrote:

Yeah, FL talks a funny, macho game with his online pals - but at home: "HOW high do you want me to jump, sweety?" :pound: Yep, I bet he's a sensitive man around HIS HOUSE! :P He's a dead man if she reads his recent posts! :fryingpan:
That Frying Pan gif would work better for what you're saying if it were playing at twice the speed it is now. :3
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

I hate it when threads get derailed by unimportant stuff. I am going to try to rerail it.

So about this whiskey party . . .

:mrgreen:
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I hate it when threads get derailed by unimportant stuff. I am going to try to rerail it.

So about this whiskey party . . .

:mrgreen:
Yes, if we could ever meet in some mid-point / EAST coast - I'd be up for it.

Party? Whisky? Jac? That reminds me, I recently discovered that I've got a bottle of Jack Daniels in the pantry that has been up there about five years - does it age well? Still ok to drink? I usually just like the occasional craft beer, or dark European beers, stout, etc. Never was a whiskey guy - don't know much about it.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:Yes, if we could ever meet in some mid-point / EAST coast - I'd be up for it. Party? Whisky? Jac? That reminds me, I recently discovered that I've got a bottle of Jack Daniels in the pantry that has been up there about five years - does it age well? Still ok to drink? I usually just like the occasional craft beer, or dark European beers, stout, etc. Never was a whiskey guy - don't know much about it.
Wine and beer age in the bottle. Spirits are sterile and only age in the cask. Once bottled, all spirits stop ageing so your bottle of Jac Daniels Jack Daniels is still drinkable.

FL :beer:

+ + +

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Wine and beer age in the bottle. Spirits are sterile and only age in the cask. Once bottled, all spirits stop ageing so your bottle of Jac Daniels Jack Daniels is still drinkable.
Drinkable, perhaps, FL - but would the taste be better, diminished or worse?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:
Drinkable, perhaps, FL - but would the taste be better, diminished or worse?
The taste would likely be a wee bit stronger because some of the contents may have evaporated*. I say ''may'' because your bottle is just 5 years old - fairly recent - and unopened. My guess is that it is just the same as when it came from the distillery. I've only seen evaporation in bottles that were much older. (I used to collect whiskies in my sinful days. I no longer practice that form of idolatry.)

You could give it as a Christmas gift next year and no one would be the wiser. :twisted:

FL

*Only the water and alcohol evaporate, the whisky esters don't; the taste is stronger but the alcohol content actually goes down in such a bottle.

+ + +

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

No, FL - the Jack was already open. Near full, I realize it is more like 7 years old. Taste?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:No, FL - the Jack was already open. Near full, I realize it is more like 7 years old. Taste?
OK...already opened means there will have been a little evaporation; how much depends on where you stored it. In your basement, right on top of the furnace or on a hot water tank would be bad choices, but this isn't your case. Unless your pantry gets really warm or is bathed in light for long periods of time, there should be no problem. As for taste, no one will notice because I suspect any evaporation to be minimal, considering your pantry storage.

Another thing: most whiskies* come out of the cask at 57% alcohol by volume or higher. Distillers then add water to bring the alcohol content down to 40% by volume, which is the most common, but some whiskies are sold as low as 30% and some are sold at full cask strength. So your bottle is still pure and drinkable, even if it has been subjected to some evaporation.

Spirits are eternal.

FL :cheers:

*whisky is a generic term for any grain distillate.

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:No, FL - the Jack was already open. Near full, I realize it is more like 7 years old. Taste?
Just drink the whole bottle, and let us know how it tasted. If it tastes bad(it's JD, of course it's gonna taste bad) then just hold your nose and guzzle. The quicker you down it, the less you have to taste it.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony