Ten Commandments--Texas Style

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Ten Commandments--Texas Style

Post by Prodigal Son »

1) Just one God
2) Honor yer Ma & Pa
3) No telling tales or gossipin'
4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting
5) Put nothin' before God
6) No foolin' around with another feller's gal
7) No killin'
8 ) Watch yer mouth
9) Don't take what ain't yers
10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
ochotseat

Re: Ten Commandments--Texas Style

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote:1) Just one God
2) Honor yer Ma & Pa
7) No killin'
8 ) Watch yer mouth
Too bad the majority of Texans disagree with some of your political and social views. Anyway, we should all support the 10 Commandments being displayed in public places if the public so desires!
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i really don't give much thought to what the majority of texans think; come to think of it, i don't find myself compelled to please them either. but, being such a lemming, you might find that a bit hard to understand.

just funny, i thought.
New Creation
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

While it is good that we are all different in many ways, there is far more to it than that.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote: but, being such a lemming, you might find that a bit hard to understand.
just funny, i thought.
Pariah? :lol: Actually, the post is applicable to other southern states too.
Is religious displays a huge topic in your part of the woods, Ju?
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

ochotseat wrote: Is religious displays a huge topic in your part of the woods, Ju?
No, not really.
Unless it is done in fun, and both parties know that, I feel quite saddened when two Christians are seen constantly insulting each other. It does not encourage and build each other up, but instead can drag both (and others) down. That is not how we were taught to behave towards each other.
And before you say it... no, I'm far from perfect and have plenty of faults as well. I am speaking as a fellow sinner. That doesn't stop me from wanting to point out to two of my Christian brothers what it is that they are doing.
You both have a lot of good in you. I wish you could both look for that instead of slinging insults.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

he hates me. he hates me because i have differing views. he hates me because i am a "criminal." i don't want to hear it anymore. I KNOW IT! i was the one who told you all! i don't need to be reminded every second. i'm trying to be a better person.

but, okay. i'm sorry. i'll stop.
New Creation
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Prodigal Son wrote: but, okay. i'm sorry. i'll stop.
Good for you, PS. Just let it be water off a duck's back (if it continues). We are not to judge each other and no matter what your past, you are a new creation in Christ just as your signature says.

'Struth, we all need second chances... and third, fourth, fifth and many more often enough. Far better to encourage each other than be pulling each other down. 8)

Ocho, let's look for what is good in others and be encouraging of that. And if you see nothing good, look to yourself first and then look again. None of us is perfect, but we are commanded to love each other regardless.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Re: Ten Commandments--Texas Style

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Prodigal Son wrote:1) Just one God
2) Honor yer Ma & Pa
7) No killin'
8 ) Watch yer mouth
We don't all talk like that. Heck, the only people I hear who talk like that are the strange rednecks who call my phone looking for "Earl"
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

And ya know, I hardly hear Minnesotans talk "Minnesotan". I have a cousin, (married in,) that does, and yes, we do draw out our o's, (and d's?) but hardly do I hear it done like the stereotype. I once saw a skit on TV from the stand up routine "How to Talk Minnesotan" that depicted a Minnesotan goodbye, (very long and drawn out). That was definetely based on truth! It was hillarious.

The poor couple trying to say goodbye to their friends after a short visit ended up staying the night and having their friends follow them the next day down the road a bit still waving! So true. We do sometimes follow people out the door and wave down the street, and spend sometimes even two hours just trying to end the conversation and leave. Not too often, but often enough! We always have to say "goodbye" right before exiting the door too, even if we already said it sooner. Why, it just wouldn't be polite otherwise! Or, we also hang into the window of a car finishing a conversation and saying goodbye.

When I drove down to Texas I was surprised to find that the most of a southern accent I heard the whole trip was in a diner full of seniors in southern Iowa! I was surprised it came so quickly, and even more surprised it pretty much ended after that! Only a few people in Texas had it, and they were moslty cowboys/cowgirls that were in stores full of stereotypical Texas ranching stuff.

Funny how that works.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

he hates me.
I don't hate you (if you don't hate me), but don't expect me to be delighted with your arrogance either.
he hates me because i have differing views.
You mean the views on legalizing drugs and same sex marriage, increasing welfare, and conservatives going to hell? Yes, those are repugnant ideas.
he hates me because i am a "criminal."
Don't be using quotation marks.
but, okay. i'm sorry. i'll stop.
Is this another ploy to pull the wool over these people's eyes again, PS? :roll:
kateliz wrote: And ya know, I hardly hear Minnesotans talk "Minnesotan".
You mean you don't talk like Jesse Ventura?
Only a few people in Texas had it
The city folks don't.
Judah wrote: Ocho, let's look for what is good in others and be encouraging of that. And if you see nothing good, look to yourself first and then look again. None of us is perfect, but we are commanded to love each other regardless.
J, I know that. How many times have you seen me criticize someone first? Probably not once. However, I'm not going to idly sit by while someone derides me first.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Talk like Jesse Ventura? Do you think I have a gruff voice or something? And I don't ever remember insulting the Irish. No, I don't talk like him. Did any of you ever see his commercials for his campaign? Everyone loved them- they were great. And no, I don't wiggle my head when I talk!

ocho, I think you guys should just change your general attitudes about your disagreements. You can have strong opinions, just don't get an attitude against the other person. That's where it takes a wrong turn. And no, you're not innocent with that, either of you. You both try to portray peace and harmony on your own side, but the veil is thin and all is exposed despite your attempts to conceal. Just change your attitudes.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I back what kateliz said 100%.

Ochotseat, it appears you in particular have very strong opinions, which I don't have anything against as I like seeing people show a passion with their Christianity; however, there is no need to get personal, or insulting or patronising. Please take kateliz's advice and just try to toning it down a bit. I don't want this board becoming like the many others where people just dogmatically state their opinion and then insult others who disagree by calling them arrogant or something similar.

Thanks,
Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

kateliz wrote:Talk like Jesse Ventura? Do you think I have a gruff voice or something?
And I don't ever remember insulting the Irish.
Well, you did criticize the Catholic Church, and most Irish are Catholics.
Ventura's an atheist, so I don't see why MN voters elected him governor in the first place. *shakes head*
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

how many times have you seen me criticize someone first?
umm, like every single time.
however, i'm not going to idly sit by while someone derides me first.
you really think you didn't start all of this :shock: ?
is this another attempt to pull the wool over these people's eyes?
i've never tried to deceive anyone about my character. i think i've more than accurately portrayed what kind of person i've been. but, here, i'm going to "idly sit by" (out of respect for everyone else).
New Creation