Affordable Care Act/Obamacare

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Affordable Care Act/Obamacare

Post by Philip »

So we're not to be critical or to speak out when assessing foolish or dangerous things that negatively impact our society? Remember, we are not in a dictatorship, not under "Rome" - we have freedom of expression (at least for a while, hopefully). It's when we aren't critical thinkers/commentators and when we don't speak up that evil, mayhem and hurtful things easily gain hold. If those of good hearts and sound minds in Germany had voiced mass opposition to the Nazis, very early on, we might not even have come to know the name of Adolph Hitler. But the masses just went along until it was far too late. And I'm not equating Obamacare to the Nazis. But one bad thing can snowball into many things that are dangerous to our society. Right now, we each still have a voice and a vote, and we better start using them both if we don't want to see our country fall apart. Of course, ultimately, out country needs Jesus. Political ends will, inadequately, only solve so much - and even then, only here, on earth.
jcgood
Established Member

Post by jcgood »

1over137:
Thanks for your insight. The original post is an open question. My reply post is simply describing my thoughts on all the complaining that I hear on Christian media and other media; especially radio. That is how I have been affected by it. "The lecture" was only meant for those who have complained. I concur with the other poster who said "I am tired of hearing about it".
"The wise are those who utter words with respect to God's ears and eyes".. JC Goodman

The problem with a hypocrite...is that he doesn't know that he is one ...JC Goodman

"Whining and complaining about...the government...or being zealously partisan;
is actually and honestly..... a distrust in the sovereignty of God...JC Goodman
jcgood
Established Member

Post by jcgood »

So we're not to be critical or to speak out when assessing foolish or dangerous things that negatively impact our society?
You can certainly speak out...you have the choice....but you will be speaking 24/7... because this world's works are full of evil. That choice is simply; Biblically unwise. I know...I used to be very good at complaining. It mostly repels people from you relationally. You sow criticism....you reap.....?

Rather...We must no longer be children, tossed to and fro and blown about by every wind of doctrine, by people’s trickery, by their craftiness in deceitful scheming. But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, Eph. 4:14,15.

I trust the things that I have no control over; ie Obamacare...into our Lord's hands. The Lord is my Shepherd. Leading us into maturity in Him.

Being critical without action is complaining. I am not saying that I am perfect. We all complain at times. But there is no exception when it is a political complaint. There are so many wrong things that are here in this world; and it will get worse.

Can anyone think of a Bible Verse other than Phil. 4:8....that is appropriate here?
"The wise are those who utter words with respect to God's ears and eyes".. JC Goodman

The problem with a hypocrite...is that he doesn't know that he is one ...JC Goodman

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

jcgood wrote:Being critical without action is complaining. I am not saying that I am perfect. We all complain at times. But there is no exception when it is a political complaint. There are so many wrong things that are here in this world; and it will get worse.

Can anyone think of a Bible Verse other than Phil. 4:8....that is appropriate here?
Oh, the irony. :pound:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
jcgood wrote:Being critical without action is complaining. I am not saying that I am perfect. We all complain at times. But there is no exception when it is a political complaint. There are so many wrong things that are here in this world; and it will get worse.

You nailed it K!
jcgood wrote:
I hear so many of Christian brothers complaining about "liberal" government. They are focusing on the wrong fight. Complaining is not a fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Yet, our God is creating and ruling His Kingdom. He is sovereign over His creation....no matter who is in the White House.
Yet jcgood's thread is just complaining about what he sees as the far-right conservatives in the U. S.
So, when someone who is conservative, gives his opinion, it's complaining, and anti-bible. But when jcgood gives his far-left liberal opinions, that's ok.

Yes K, I'd say that's not just irony, it's hypocritical.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
pat34lee
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by pat34lee »

The best thing that we and our state governments can do is refuse to join the new system. If you can afford to not have insurance for a while, don't get any. The Republicans in DC are wasting their time if they try to repeal the law. They need to refuse to fund any implementation of it, like the border fence they voted for but won't provide money to build.
jcgood
Established Member

Post by jcgood »

Kurieuo wrote:

jcgood wrote:
Being critical without action is complaining. I am not saying that I am perfect. We all complain at times. But there is no exception when it is a political complaint. There are so many wrong things that are here in this world; and it will get worse.

You nailed it K!

jcgood wrote:
I hear so many of Christian brothers complaining about "liberal" government. They are focusing on the wrong fight. Complaining is not a fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Yet, our God is creating and ruling His Kingdom. He is sovereign over His creation....no matter who is in the White House.

Yet jcgood's thread is just complaining about what he sees as the far-right conservatives in the U. S.
So, when someone who is conservative, gives his opinion, it's complaining, and anti-bible. But when jcgood gives his far-left liberal opinions, that's ok.

Yes K, I'd say that's not just irony, it's hypocritical.
Dear misguided wanderers in the night:
...Cutting and pasting quotes.....and then hypocritically assessing them...WITHOUT BACKING UP ...your false assessments is carnival clown laughable....
and adolescent clue-lessness...

It shows your arrogance...that everyone should obviously see the "emporer's clothes"....that are really not there.

And for the board moderators that think they are above the guidelines...it's over the top...here in the land of the Giant hypocrites....

I never thought that it would be difficult for anyone on this forum to coherently answer this ONE question...without ranting.

....What are the coherent, scriptural references .....that are indisputable reasons to decide to
be a staunch, unwavering right wing ideologist and a Christian who loves God? (which is the majority of Christendom)

...what am I as a non-partisan centerist missing......? Seriously, I have never heard an answer to this question ...ever

My quotes that you inaptly/ineptly assess pervertedly as "complaining"...
Is actually a written invitation for anyone to first answer the question above.....and be persuaded enough to
consider being a non-partisan centerist....that's what a sober person would glean from the post with a modicum of respectful decency.
Suggestion:Take your hypocrite glasses off first ...before reading...and re-read the post...

Pretend that I know nothing...and lead me there by writing clearly....as to a child...

Would someone here love me enough to do this?

I also suggest that everyone that opines here needs to at least agree on basic political theory and definitions....pass a basic test?
..misunderstanding is causing some here to come to bizarre conclusions, labels, and assessments....adding unnecessary stress to simple things
that I learned in the sophomore year in high school.....agreed?

Good day gentlemen...Un-nailed it!

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Actually, there was glue also used with the nails.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Is this still normal, acceptable political discussion? :shock:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1over137 wrote:Is this still normal, acceptable political discussion? :shock:
In America, it still is :lol:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I also suggest that everyone that opines here needs to at least agree on basic political theory and definitions....pass a basic test?
Theories and definitions as defined by WHOM? And by WHOM will such a test be graded - and by WHOSE standards?
jcgood
Established Member

Post by jcgood »

Theories and definitions as defined by WHOM? And by WHOM will such a test be graded - and by WHOSE standards?
That's a good question....I have not found an answer yet

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

While driving around listening to an American radio station, I heard this advertizement for a Christian healthcare insurance provider. I thought the gringos here might be interested:

www.mychristiancare.org/Medi-Share/

FL y**==
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Medishare is great. I had them for a few years when I had a job that didn't offer healthcare. :)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.