Adam and Eve

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Adam and Eve

Post by Jac3510 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Jac3510 wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I agree! All our ''creation stances'' are inventions of our fleshly minds, as the arguments that often accompany them testify.
So why do you think that our doctrines concerning our "creation stances" are just "inventions of our fleshly minds," but our doctrines we call things like "biblical inerrancy," "salvation by grace through faith alone," "sola scriptura," "sin," "baptism," and "the Trinity," among hundreds of others aren't just "inventions of our fleshly minds"? ;)

All doctrines are unimportant, all we have to do is believe in Jesus.
I like that doctrine. I'll call it "Danielism" and sign up.

So . . . wait . . . why is it that our "creation stances" are just "inventions of our fleshly minds" but "Danielism" isn't? :-?
RickD wrote:
Jac3510 wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I agree! All our ''creation stances'' are inventions of our fleshly minds, as the arguments that often accompany them testify.
So why do you think that our doctrines concerning our "creation stances" are just "inventions of our fleshly minds," but our doctrines we call things like "biblical inerrancy," "salvation by grace through faith alone," "sola scriptura," "sin," "baptism," and "the Trinity," among hundreds of others aren't just "inventions of our fleshly minds"? ;)
Jac, your Doctrines on biblical inerrancy, salvation by grace through faith, sola Scriptura, sin, baptism, and the trinity, are from God. But your YEC creation stance is from your fleshly mind. :poke: :pound: :pound:
I like that doctrine, too! I'll call it "Clownism," and I will preach it from now on.

But . . . wait . . . why is it that our "creation stances" are just "inventions of our fleshly minds" but "Clownism" isn't? :-?

------------------

Seriously, it's self-defeating to say that some doctrines are of human creation and others are not, because any such statement is itself doctrinal. You can certainly say that some doctrines are less important and offer a defense for that claim--i.e., issues that directly affect the gospel are more important than those that don't, but our doctrines concerning creation do not directly affect the gospel, therefore our doctrines concerning creation do not directly affect the gospel. I would even buy that for real! But we don't get to say that one doctrine is a human invention and another from God, that one is from "our fleshly minds" and the other not. It seems to me that, in the present context, such an argument is made solely to dismiss debates over the doctrine of creation. And if you're going to that, I'd prefer you just say, "You know, I don't really care about that debate," which is fine and can't be argued with, than putting forward . . . something less than sound. ;)

I take it, by the way Rick, that you were being silly, just poking fun. But all the same, I think the point is worth making. :eugeek:
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Jac3510 wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I like that doctrine. I'll call it "Danielism" and sign up.

So . . . wait . . . why is it that our "creation stances" are just "inventions of our fleshly minds" but "Danielism" isn't?
I think Jesusism would be more appropriate since he said it.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Jac3510 wrote:
Uh...just the creation stances are from sin. I go with what is plainly written in Genesis and leave the dogfights to others. YEC/OEC/PC/TE/ :lalala: fights are so juvenile! :baby:

FL yp**==

PS: As Jac said, ''you know, I really don't care about that debate.'' Yes, this would be my position on creation stances. But the Earth is young and you'll all BURN IN HELL if you don't believe it!
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

My creation stance is - undecided.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

However it is truth that we share a common Ancestor with Apes. What I mean is were there any not humans but desdesents
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

UsagiTsukino wrote:However it is truth that we share a common Ancestor with Apes. What I mean is were there any not humans but desdesents
I think something is lost in the translation here. Please rephrase using proper english so we can understand.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

-

From y:(|) y:(|) then y*-:) by y>-) we evolved y:o) and now - currently y\:D/

Can't be by :jesus: who mentioned marriage of two humans - man and woman to :swoot: and y:x so that :mom: would continue...

No it must be y:(|) + y:(|) times eons = :eugeek:

Ya think???
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Do you, B.W. have enough smilies at disposal to make your posts? Or you meed some more? :mrgreen:

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

1over137 wrote:Do you, B.W. have enough smilies at disposal to make your posts? Or you meed some more? :mrgreen:
He doesn't need any more smilies. What he needs is a like button. y;;)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Jac3510 wrote:
1over137 wrote:Do you, B.W. have enough smilies at disposal to make your posts? Or you meed some more? :mrgreen:
He doesn't need any more smilies. What he needs is a like button. y;;)
I already looked for mods. One abandonded and one maybe installable.

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Yes a few more and hieroglyph's would be back in style!

I was actually thinking of formulas like this but the parentheses don't quite line up:

Eons ( y:(|) + y:(|) )= :eugeek:

The others need a bit more work for basic algebra formulas to look right :thumbsup:

Can you image math / algebra / physics in smilies!!! :happyclap:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

:evilnod: + y8-X + y:(|) = :incense:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
pat34lee
Recognized Member

Post by pat34lee »

y:(|) + EONS = y8-X

EVOLUTION = :lalala: :dancing: :beat:
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

( :incense: + :soap: ) + ( y[-X x :bag: ) = Y.E.C :lalala: :happyclap: :happyclap:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

:popcornduo:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)