The Evidence for God

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Fruitloops007
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male

The Evidence for God

Post by Fruitloops007 »

Hello fellow humans,

I am new to this forum. I joined because I am very interested in hearing the evidence for God. Years ago I dropped my Christian faith due to the absence of evidence. However, is there anyone who can demonstrate evidence that I may have possibly missed?
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: The Evidence for God

Post by B. W. »

Fruitloops007 wrote:Hello fellow humans,

I am new to this forum. I joined because I am very interested in hearing the evidence for God. Years ago I dropped my Christian faith due to the absence of evidence. However, is there anyone who can demonstrate evidence that I may have possibly missed?
Look in the mirror... :lol:

Welcome to the forum...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Fruitloops007 wrote:Years ago I dropped my Christian faith due to the absence of evidence.
You had faith in a religion, not in God. Congratulations, you did well to drop that useless faith.
Fruitloops007 wrote:... is there anyone who can demonstrate evidence that I may have possibly missed?
Are you capable of accepting the evidence? or does your present faith have your mind tightly shut? y:-?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Welcome to the forum.

Also, do not anticipate that you will be served with evidence within one post, or more posts and BUM - you will be a believer.

Hopefully, you will enjoy this forum.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Death provides the final proof.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Kurieuo wrote:

Death provides the final proof.
Yes, but for some it will be too late.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Ok, I will start with something:

What do you think: Why world exists?

#foreverinmyheart
Fruitloops007
Newbie Member

Post by Fruitloops007 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Are you capable of accepting the evidence? or does your present faith have your mind tightly shut? y:-?

FL
I am open to any belief, claim, or assertion that has supporting evidence.
1over137 wrote:Ok, I will start with something:

What do you think: Why world exists?
About 4.6 billion years ago, one particular nebula in one particular galaxy collapsed to form a star that would eventually be called the Sun and its planetary system.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

1over137 wrote: What do you think: Why world exists?
The answer is found in Psalm 19.

FL :reading:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Where is nebula from? Where is galaxy from? Where are physics laws from?

#foreverinmyheart
Thadeyus
Established Member

Post by Thadeyus »

1over137 wrote:Where is nebula from? Where is galaxy from? Where are physics laws from?
Emergent properties of reality?
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Thadeyus wrote:
1over137 wrote:Where is nebula from? Where is galaxy from? Where are physics laws from?
Emergent properties of reality?
So, you say there is reality and its properties. I could ask where that reality with its properties is from but I will now ask you: are the properties of the reality still the same? Once someone lost his part of leg it can never heal again, right? Then why people witness 'miracles' like healing amputess?

#foreverinmyheart
Thadeyus
Established Member

Post by Thadeyus »

1over137 wrote: Then why people witness 'miracles' like healing amputees?
Um...really? Okay, that's impressive. Linky perhaps?

Much cheers to all.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

1over137 wrote:Then why people witness 'miracles' like healing amputess?
Healing amputees?! Do you mean the regeneration of amputated limbs? You need to explain yourself, Dr Hana.

FL

+ + +

+ + +
Fruitloops007
Newbie Member

Post by Fruitloops007 »

The universe borrowed energy from the vacuum to create vast amounts of matter and antimatter in nearly equal numbers. Most of it annihilated and filled the universe with photons. Less than one part per billion survived to form protons and neutrons and then the hydrogen and helium that make up most of everything there is. Some of this hydrogen and helium collapsed to make the first generation of massive stars, which produced the first batch of heavy elements in their central nuclear fires. These stars exploded and enriched the interstellar clouds that would form the next generation of stars. Finally, about 4.6 billion years ago, one particular nebula in one particular galaxy collapsed to form a star called the Sun with its planetary system.

from: Carroll, B.W., and Ostlie, D.A., 1996, An Introduction to Modern Astrophysics, Addison-Wesley Pub. Comp. Inc

The laws of physics are an invention from the minds of humans. They are merely mathematical formulas to approximate physical phenomena.