US adults are dumber than the average human

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: US adults are dumber than the average human

Post by Gman »

But technically he has dual Canadian and American citizenship.. So he is half dumb... Half smart. y:-?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Carrey
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Gman wrote:But technically he has dual Canadian and American citizenship.. So he is half dumb... Half smart. y:-?

Hmmm...Jim Carrey may be a genius. He's left the frozen wasteland that is Canada to live in a far nicer place. y**==

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Gman wrote:But technically he has dual Canadian and American citizenship.. So he is half dumb... Half smart. y:-?

Hmmm...Jim Carrey may be a genius. He's left the frozen wasteland that is Canada to live in a far nicer place. y**==

FL
And then he became stupid? I don't get it... y:-?

Signed the 800 pound elephant.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Dear 800 pound elephant,

Dual citizenship just doesn't make sense and I'm sorry that the USA has (recently) allowed this perversion. The people I know who have dual citizenship (usually Canadian + a banana-republic) travel with their Canadian passport but keep their banana-republic citizenship out of nostalgia. I know one man who has Canadian and Uzbek citizenship; he travels with his Canadian passport but uses his gangster-republic passport when in Eastern Europe so that he isn't seen as ''kidnappable'' material.

As for Jim Carrey, I don't know which of his two passports he would consider from a banana-republic.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Dear 800 pound elephant,

Dual citizenship just doesn't make sense and I'm sorry that the USA has (recently) allowed this perversion.
Ahh.. United States, India, China, Canada, Mexico, etc... What's the difference anyway? We are just a melting pot of misfits.. Wacky people.
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:The people I know who have dual citizenship (usually Canadian + a banana-republic) travel with their Canadian passport but keep their banana-republic citizenship out of nostalgia. I know one man who has Canadian and Uzbek citizenship; he travels with his Canadian passport but uses his gangster-republic passport when in Eastern Europe so that he isn't seen as ''kidnappable'' material.
I see.. Kind of like a Cana-banana citizenship. I think my head is starting to hurt.. y#-o
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:As for Jim Carrey, I don't know which of his two passports he would consider from a banana-republic.

FL
Well he kind of acts like a banana. Let's just not go there.. :roll:

Signed the 801 pound elephant (sorry just gained a little weight from all this).

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Dear 801 pound elephant,

Canabanana citizenship...I like it! I don't think I can use it in polite company, though. Former citizens of banana republics do not recognize their native land as a bananaland. For example, I told a Columbian friend of mine who got her Canadian citizenship that she could chuck out her worthless Columbian passport. She became very angry and told me, ''I will be Columbian until I die!'' ''Yeah,'' I thought, ''had you stayed in Columbia you'd already be dead.''

I understand patriotism when it involves a great country - the USA, Switzerland, Israel- but patriotism towards a bad country is beyond my comprehension.

FL

+ + +

+ + +
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Dear 801 pound elephant,

Canabanana citizenship...I like it! I don't think I can use it in polite company, though. Former citizens of banana republics do not recognize their native land as a bananaland. For example, I told a Columbian friend of mine who got her Canadian citizenship that she could chuck out her worthless Columbian passport. She became very angry and told me, ''I will be Columbian until I die!'' ''Yeah,'' I thought, ''had you stayed in Columbia you'd already be dead.''
Hmm.. Rather strange if you ask me.. But she would rather live in Canada and is loyal to Columbia. y:-?

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

+ + +

+ + +
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Hmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ccEwn2f1o
What is Canada again? Isn't that some Island near Japan? :doh:

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Gman wrote:
Canada is actually an island just off Fiji. (Fiji shares a common border with Norway and Zimbabwe.)

Rick Mercer, an anglo-canuck comedian, has made a good living laughing at Americans with his Talking to Americans series. Here is a short two-minute clip:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAR9XYwL9iQ

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
Canada is actually an island just off Fiji. (Fiji shares a common border with Norway and Zimbabwe.)

Rick Mercer, an anglo-canuck comedian, has made a good living laughing at Americans with his Talking to Americans series. Here is a short two-minute clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAR9XYwL9iQ
Is the funny part on a different video?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Rodger that.. I'll write that in my notebook. By the way did you know I'm running for congress in the next election? Oh.. and go pot... I heard smoking it helps your judgement. 8-}2

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Is the funny part on a different video?
It won't be funny if you're American because the Talking to Americans series is making fun of you. You have to be Canadian to find this stuff funny. It really gets hilarious when Rick Mercer interviews Harvard students because they are just as ignorant as the average-guy-on-the-street Americans.

I, of course, would like to divorce myself from all of this politically-incorrect humor. This stuff is for PaulSacramento and his ilk.

I love you guys, my American brothers-and-sisters in the Faith. I thank God for you every day. I love America and have often said so on this Forum.
Gman wrote:Rodger that.. I'll write that in my notebook. By the way did you know I'm running for congress in the next election? Oh.. and go pot... I heard smoking it helps your judgement. 8-}2
Have you moved to Colorado???

F&L y@};- y**== :heart:

+ + +

+ + +
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Have you moved to Colorado???

F&L y@};- y**== :heart:
I'm playing for the Denver Broncos now.. :mrgreen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFVxQd74a8[/youtube]

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

US adults must be a ignorant bunch, especially university students and their professors. And a couple of state Governors here didn't fare any better:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZE0TuKTpo4

:bag: Anonymous

+ + +

+ + +