"Covert Messiah"

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

"Covert Messiah"

Post by inlovewiththe44 »

Hey, everyone! I haven't been on the site in a while, and I hope each of you is doing well :)
I wasn't sure what section was best suited for this. Joseph Atwill is proposing that Christianity was a ploy created by aristocrats in order to force a certain social stratification. It's a theory I've personally never seen proposed, but he's teamed up with the author of "Jesus Never Existed" so that sounds like a fun time. :roll:

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

I guess we will all have a better scope of what Atwill has to say once the conference actually occurs.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: "Covert Messiah"

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Mr Silvertusk has informed us of this ''conference'' in his topic Well its all over in the Christian Chit-chat forum. Take a look.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Inlovewiththe44,

Here's the link to the thread:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 14&t=38780
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by inlovewiththe44 »

Ahh thank you so much. I tried to do a search of the guy doing the conference and the title of the conference, but nothing came up!