Are you guys anti-gay?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Car
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Are you guys anti-gay?

Post by Car »

What do you think about gay people???Are they born that way?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Are you guys anti-gay?

Post by RickD »

Car wrote:What do you think about gay people???Are they born that way?
I absolutely, undoubtedly, believe gay people were born as people. ;)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hi Car

Being gay is not a sin, sex outside of marriage is a sin but no more or less a sin as any other sin, except of course rejecting God.

I think homosexuality is a combination of genetic predisposition and environmental factors, but at the end of the day no matter what your inclination it is always a choice in how you use your genitals. You have to ask yourself are my actions honoring God or not.

God loves gay people just as much as straight people and we should do the same, people who hate gay people and treat them poorly are not honoring God either.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
pat34lee
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by pat34lee »

Are people born with a preference for strawberry ice cream? Are your genes programmed so that you will grow up to choose Ford over Chevy?
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

Are people born with a preference for strawberry ice cream?
To a certain extent, yes. Your taste buds are, in fact, programmed by your genes, which is why some people prefer some tastes over others. It's also why certain types of foods taste differently to certain people (for instance, one person might think something tastes very bitter, while another person could find that same thing pleasantly sweet).
Are your genes programmed so that you will grow up to choose Ford over Chevy?
This one is less based on genes, and probably more on what you've learned. Or simply whether you find the positives of one brand better than the positives of another.
pat34lee
Recognized Member

Post by pat34lee »

Ivellious wrote:
Are people born with a preference for strawberry ice cream?
To a certain extent, yes. Your taste buds are, in fact, programmed by your genes, which is why some people prefer some tastes over others. It's also why certain types of foods taste differently to certain people (for instance, one person might think something tastes very bitter, while another person could find that same thing pleasantly sweet).
Are your genes programmed so that you will grow up to choose Ford over Chevy?
This one is less based on genes, and probably more on what you've learned. Or simply whether you find the positives of one brand better than the positives of another.
I think both are learned and tastes are acquired as we grow. There is no other explanation for champagne or caviar or red-hot chili.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Born that way or not, i am not anti-gay. I don't think being anti gay achieves anything.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
PerciFlage
Established Member

Post by PerciFlage »

pat34lee wrote:Are people born with a preference for strawberry ice cream? Are your genes programmed so that you will grow up to choose Ford over Chevy?
That is exactly correct. And, in precisely the same way, people are born with no sexual preference either way before one day deciding whether to be straight or of the gay, so your analogy is flawless. Bravo, sir! Well done!
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

PerciFlage wrote:
pat34lee wrote:Are people born with a preference for strawberry ice cream? Are your genes programmed so that you will grow up to choose Ford over Chevy?
That is exactly correct. And, in precisely the same way, people are born with no sexual preference either way before one day deciding whether to be straight or of the gay, so your analogy is flawless. Bravo, sir! Well done!
You stretched Pat34lee's analogy way beyond its limits, so your statement that ''people are born with no sexual preference either way'' is spurious.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Revolutionary
Established Member

Post by Revolutionary »

I can't ever get over how brilliant life is, especially in it's physical construct.

What is the divorce rate along with broken hearts and failed relationships?

Don't know the numbers, but I don't have to, I know it's huge.

Think of the numerous people who aren't content but eh hem, stay in a marriage because they believe it is their duty.

We are choosing our mates for the wrongs reasons, perhaps that's a bit harsh.... We are so unfulfilled in our own expression, that we can't even realize our own beauty and it's expanse..... When we can't see ourselves, how do we really expect to see another?
We fill that emptiness with possessions and try to capture the emotion of love by making babies, we have failed to see the logic of the, two in two out, that keeps us from becoming a cancer/virus that overpopulates the earth.

There are fish and amphibians I believe that actually physically change sex in order to balance populations of males to female.

We have two mechanisms at work here, stress (sexual and emotional) and overpopulation.... When a fish (simpler form than human) experiences the stress of not being able to successfully mate, it will change sex to bring balance.

We have a much more complex social/intellectual element to life.... The fact that we are overpopulating, indicates that we are well off the mark to being fulfilled as an expression, the stress and discord of this fact effects us on a social level that translates chemically within our form.
Without us knowing it, nature is brilliantly signaling us to stop producing because there aren't enough suitable mates (ironic isn't it?).... The perfecting form, where we as an expression are failing, is to produce a social/intellectual aspect that isn't actually capable of reproducing....

Nature is perfect, brilliantly perfect.... We on the other hand?

Just look at how we respond to it with hate?

Every action and every response in the world is a beacon towards our realization of fulfillment.... We're just to busy condemning to listen!
Revolutionary
Established Member

Post by Revolutionary »

I got all macroevolutionary for a second there.... HA!
PerciFlage
Established Member

Post by PerciFlage »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
PerciFlage wrote:
You stretched Pat34lee's analogy way beyond its limits, so your statement that ''people are born with no sexual preference either way'' is spurious.

FL
That was my point. It's an awful analogy which demonstrates neither sexuality nor automobile preference, because the two things are not analogous.