Prophecy of tyre fulfilled?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Baltazorg
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Prophecy of tyre fulfilled?

Post by Baltazorg »

I was wondering if the last part to the prophecy of Tyre was fulfilled, the bible says that it will never be rebuilt but there is clearly a city there right now ( with the tyre ruins of course). I was just wondering if the Tyre ruins are the fulfillment of prophecy. Why isn't the whole city destroyed?
Baltazorg
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Prophecy of tyre fulfilled?

Post by Baltazorg »

Someone please respond.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Prophecy of tyre fulfilled?

Post by Jac3510 »

The city was never rebuilt. There is a city now in the same place that Tyre used to stand, but, again, the city of Tyre was never rebuilt. On the contrary, the every piece of the city was uprooted and thrown into the seas.

It may help you to know that, back in the day, when cities were rebuilt, someone would go to the ruins of a city and repair them and/or build on top of them. No ruins = no rebuilding.

The Bible never said no one else would build a city on that plot of land. Ezekiel said that city would never be rebuilt. It was not.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.