How long were the days?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: How long were the days?

Post by neo-x »

I'm afraid its not that simple Sean, but you must follow what you beleive, the thing is your answer is not adequate to the question being asked. If it had been that apparent, there would have been no need to question the narrative to begin with.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

When comparing the Bible's account of creation with scientific theories here is one thing we must take into account.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
(2 Corinthians 4:3-4 ESV)
If Satan can blind the minds of unbelievers to keep them from seeing the way of salvation isn't it also possible for him to blind the minds of scientists to keep them from seeing evidence that supports the Bible's account of creation?
Last edited by theophilus on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

neo-x wrote:no, only yec would be a lie in this very case. OEC's hold the same bible you know.
We have the same Bible but YEC's believe what it says while OEC's have more faith in popular scientific theories and try to interpret the Bible to fit those theories.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Or perhaps you are interpreting it wrong to begin with, and you can ofcourse choose to and there is nothing wrong about it, but on the scientific findings it does not stand a chance and will fail on factual accounts. who said yec was a default choice...it may be for some, for others its not. One thing I know, in face of evidence, no writing to the contrary can stand.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

theophilus wrote:When comparing the Bible's account of creation with scientific theories here is one thing we must take into account.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
(2 Corinthians 4:3-4 ESV)
If God can blind the minds of unbelievers to keep them from seeing the way of salvation isn't it also possible for him to blind the minds of scientists to keep them from seeing evidence that supports the Bible's account of creation?
Except that this scripture says nothing about God blinding unbelievers. The scripture speaks of the god of this world, who is Satan, blinding the minds of unbelievers.

So, if you can completely misinterpret that verse, don't you think it's possible that you misinterpret other verses, to come to your young earth beliefs?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

God blinding ppl intentionally so that they cant see truth ? Is god playing a sadistic game for fun? Rude as it may sound, R u out of your mind? Sometimes i do find it justified when ppl mock Christians for their absurdity, because some of us really do sound absurd.

without.