A little Guessing game for all board members

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: A little Guessing game for all board members

Post by Silvertusk »

neo-x wrote:
Jac, Your pic I'm gonna guess was chosen based on the history of playing cards and the origin of the Jack, Why a spade tho, I got nothing atm.
For one, King David is usually associated with the King of spades, at least he was in the late middle ages.

Wild guess...the number 3510 in Jac's name could be the greek "Nephros", as the Strong's concordance lists it as meaning "the (inmost) mind". :mrgreen:

Anybody wanna guess mine? ;)

And you avatar is Joker from Batman is it not?
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

FallingScales wrote::eugeek: The game is, guess where your username came from, where your avatar (if you have one) came from, and where your signature (if you have one ) came from, I'm sure there are some stories in there somewhere.

A few rules that hopefully people will follow. :mrgreen:
1. If you post guessing about someone in this thread, you agree to become a target for being guessed about, and should include some hints if you think it is needed for username/avatar/signature.
2. Within a reasonable time frame from when someone guessed on part of your name.(1 week or less) You agree to give the answer to the reason you chose your username/avatar/signature.
3. You only need to give the answer if someone guessed on it, or if you just want to.
If someone wants to do points feel free.

I only have a username currently so we'll start with me, and let the game begin!
I am so easy to guess. :crying:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
FallingScales
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FallingScales »

maybe neo-x's avatar is joker from the batman, but if it is, why have particular pic of him? Likes magic tricks perhaps?

Lover137 - Perpahs the lover of constants? 1/137 is apparently a physics constant. Or a constant lover? Eh idk.

Background looks like space in the avatar, so Constantly love space perhaps?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD: a lack of imagination had him just write out his name.

Silvertusk: Silver is the second-most-valuable classical metal, behind gold. Tusk: a defense: defending the faith. Silvertusk: second-best at defending the faith.

Neo-x: Neo = new. x = cross. Neo-x = new cross.

Jac3510: Jac = a king's valet, a king's servant. 3510: Jac's IQ. Jac3510: an overcompetent chambermaid.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

FallingScales wrote:Jac, Your pic I'm gonna guess was chosen based on the history of playing cards and the origin of the Jack, Why a spade tho, I got nothing atm.
Actually, that's pretty close, if we're thinking of the same thing. Hint: I love puns. As far as the spade, I'll give away that one for free: it's just my favorite suit. Hearts are for girls and I am clearly a chauvinist pig. I'm not rich enough for diamonds, and not Irish enough for clubs.
Silvertusk wrote:A very nice try Jac - but wrong on all counts - although saying that your guess is so good I might actually adpot it as the actual reasons for my avatar and Username. :ewink:
Hmm. Then I am out of guesses. Maybe you just suffer from Proteus syndrome and have had several cavities filled? :scratch:
neo-x wrote:For one, King David is usually associated with the King of spades, at least he was in the late middle ages.

Wild guess...the number 3510 in Jac's name could be the greek "Nephros", as the Strong's concordance lists it as meaning "the (inmost) mind". :mrgreen:

Anybody wanna guess mine? ;)
I did not know that about David. That's interesting! And no on the number. Actually, when you find out where the SN comes from, you'll say, "Really? That's it? BORING!" I think I'll follow ST's lead here and just adopt your guess, because that's pretty cool.

As for yours, I'm lost. Matrix reference sounds like a good idea, so since I like puns, and to offer a creative guess in my wrongness, I'll say that since X is the Roman numeral for 10, and since "Neo" means "new," then your name is actually New-Ten, or Newton, clearly paying homage to a brilliant Christian and scientist. ;)
1/137 wrote:I am so easy to guess. :crying:
Clearly:

I like your signatures, by the way. There's a clear relationship between the Feynman quote and the verse; your choice of Socrates is interesting. Did you just happen to like the Socrates reference, or is the shining sun a reference to being honest with yourself and others (or something related)?
FL wrote:Jac3510: Jac = a king's valet, a king's servant. 3510: Jac's IQ. Jac3510: an overcompetent chambermaid.
:pound:

Again, I wish it were that interesting (or even that conceited!)

I have no idea about your name, sir. I googled it and found that it is a place. Maybe where you are from? But your location isn't anywhere near there as far as I can tell, so I just don't know.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

FallingScales wrote:maybe neo-x's avatar is joker from the batman, but if it is, why have particular pic of him? Likes magic tricks perhaps?

Lover137 - Perpahs the lover of constants? 1/137 is apparently a physics constant. Or a constant lover? Eh idk.

Background looks like space in the avatar, so Constantly love space perhaps?
I never noticed that people it can be misread to Lover instead of 1over until people started to misread it. :lol:
It is on of the most fundamental physical constants governing our universe, hence the picture of universe. :)

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Jac: I love the quote from Socrates. It's my favourite. I read book about him and the last sentence was that quote. It touched my heart. When I love some quote I agree with it and try to behave accordingly. When I love some quote I just agree with it and want to be honest about it.
Wow. Equation appeared on this board. :dancing:

#foreverinmyheart
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Jac, I've been hesitant in revealing Silvertusk's reason for his avatar, nevertheless, I'll let you all know his real reason. Silvertusk chose "shepherd" because in the part of the UK that he comes from, the people there have a special...let's just say a special "affinity" for their sheep. Baaaaaaaa! :pound:

As far as "Silvertusk", the Silvertusk like the one in the picture in the link below, symbolizes male virility. And that gets back to the whole issue with the sheep.
silvertusk
:pound: :lol: :pound:

RickD... This is the first time I verbally laughed while reading through the forums.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Mallz wrote:
Jac, I've been hesitant in revealing Silvertusk's reason for his avatar, nevertheless, I'll let you all know his real reason. Silvertusk chose "shepherd" because in the part of the UK that he comes from, the people there have a special...let's just say a special "affinity" for their sheep. Baaaaaaaa! :pound:

As far as "Silvertusk", the Silvertusk like the one in the picture in the link below, symbolizes male virility. And that gets back to the whole issue with the sheep.
silvertusk

RickD... This is the first time I verbally laughed while reading through the forums.

Rick's avatar has a silent P in it. ;-)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Silvertusk wrote:
Mallz wrote:

silvertusk

Rick's avatar has a silent P in it. ;-)
I haven't quite woken up all the way yet, so I may be a little slower than usual. I don't get it. Silent P?
And Maliz, it's good to know somebody appreciates a good British joke when he reads one. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Its not fun if you have to explain it.

See if anyone else can get it. Hint: it is an insult. (all in good fun of course)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Silvertusk wrote:Its not fun if you have to explain it.

See if anyone else can get it. Hint: it is an insult. (all in good fun of course)
It's also not fun if the one being insulted(in fun) doesn't get the joke. y[-(
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

RickD wrote:

I got the insult you threw at me. ;)
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:

Seriously RickP? (only switch the P to the beginning 8) ).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:

Seriously RickP? (only switch the P to the beginning 8) ).
Byblos, he said my avatar, not my screen name. My avatar is a Klown. I still don't get it. Would somebody splain it to the slow witted Klown?

If Silvertusk had said, "Rick's screenname has a silent P in it.", then I would have made that obvious connection. But my avatar? Is it PKlown, KlownP? tell me tell me tell me!!!! :hissyfit:

-Edward R Murrow