Why Doesn't God Do This?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
1stjohn0666
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Why Doesn't God Do This?

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

I think God has revealed himself and does speak.
"Then Moses went up, also Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and they saw the God of Israel. And there was under His feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, and it was like the very heavens in its clarity. Exodus 24:9-10
Also in Exodus "And he said, "Please, show me Your glory." Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live." And the Lord said, "Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. "So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. "Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen." Exodus 33:18-22

The term “Glory of the Lord” is used through out the book of Ezekiel for the person of God. Ezekiel describes what he sees. He sees God appear in great glory in human form seated on His throne in the midst of the Cherubim.

People have seen God just not his face!! As in Exodus it was hidden from Moses lest he die.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:I think God has revealed himself and does speak.
"Then Moses went up, also Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and they saw the God of Israel. And there was under His feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, and it was like the very heavens in its clarity. Exodus 24:9-10
Also in Exodus "And he said, "Please, show me Your glory." Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live." And the Lord said, "Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. "So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. "Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen." Exodus 33:18-22

The term “Glory of the Lord” is used through out the book of Ezekiel for the person of God. Ezekiel describes what he sees. He sees God appear in great glory in human form seated on His throne in the midst of the Cherubim.

People have seen God just not his face!! As in Exodus it was hidden from Moses lest he die.
Hebrew word Face translated is a plural denoting presences. Often used the reveal one's character through how one's face appears when speaking of human faces. The basic idea is that the face sends forth presences.

When used of God, it refers to His Presences and His ‘Glory’ used in the verses cited refers to his combined triune nature in its state of wholeness. When all three of God’s presences shine in his oneness – no one could stand in that.

So he reveals Himself thru his two Panyim – Presences – the Son and Holy Spirit, so one may see him and live. Manoah did see the face of God and Live – so did Abraham, Jacob, Gideon, and others. They saw either the Son or the Holy Spirit…and Abraham saw the Father as well too but none saw God in his true whole form.

This goes back to God’s self existent nature. All three of his presences are able to self exist and each has their own attributes and distinct character. This is something that escapes Oneness folk and JW’s, and The Way groups, and current Judaism. Yet, Judaism can accept the Seven Spirits of God – or the sevenfold Spirit, yet little else about God’s self existent nature due to a disdain that Jesus is both God manifest in Human Flesh and a full human being too.

Many folk show a prideful disdain toward the true Jesus that actually can save to the uttermost. That brand of Salvation comes only from God and no one else. That kind of Glory is reserved only for God alone.

Remember that words translated like Glory – have various shades of meaning that pertain to the context it is used. It is a bad idea to apply only one meaning to such a word. In fact, in English we use the word Glory differently to express – charge into glory – a blaze of Glory is far different than bringing forth one’s wife’s glory into being. The Glory of a nation is another usage and we understand what these mean. Do well to apply the same to the bible’s use of Glory as well.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

B. W. wrote: Hebrew word Face translated is a plural denoting presences. Often used the reveal one's character through how one's face appears when speaking of human faces. The basic idea is that the face sends forth presences.When used of God, it refers to His Presences and His ‘Glory’ used in the verses cited refers to his combined triune nature in its state of wholeness. When all three of God’s presences shine in his oneness – no one could stand in that.

Am I supposed to start counting the number of "persons" in your God?
B. W. wrote:So he reveals Himself thru his two Panyim – Presences – the Son and Holy Spirit, so one may see him and live. Manoah did see the face of God and Live – so did Abraham, Jacob, Gideon, and others. They saw either the Son or the Holy Spirit…and Abraham saw the Father as well too but none saw God in his true whole form.
Manoah saw the "place" the is translated "face of God" Peniel, and on another account the "angel of the LORD" was addressed as Yaweh, but clearly was not God himself.
B. W. wrote:This goes back to God’s self existent nature. All three of his presences are able to self exist and each has their own attributes and distinct character. This is something that escapes Oneness folk and JW’s, and The Way groups, and current Judaism. Yet, Judaism can accept the Seven Spirits of God – or the sevenfold Spirit, yet little else about God’s self existent nature due to a disdain that Jesus is both God manifest in Human Flesh and a full human being too.

Many folk show a prideful disdain toward the true Jesus that actually can save to the uttermost. That brand of Salvation comes only from God and no one else. That kind of Glory is reserved only for God alone.

Remember that words translated like Glory – have various shades of meaning that pertain to the context it is used. It is a bad idea to apply only one meaning to such a word. In fact, in English we use the word Glory differently to express – charge into glory – a blaze of Glory is far different than bringing forth one’s wife’s glory into being. The Glory of a nation is another usage and we understand what these mean. Do well to apply the same to the bible’s use of Glory as well.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Manoah and Jacob both saw the Malak - (Messenger Bearing) YHWH also known as the Arm of the Lord, see Isaiah 53:1-12c

Gen 32:30, "So Jacob named the place Peniel, for he said, "I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been preserved." NASB

Judges 13:22,23 "So Manoah said to his wife, "We will surely die, for we have seen God. 23 But his wife said to him, "If the LORD had desired to kill us, He would not have accepted a burnt offering and a grain offering from our hands, nor would He have shown us all these things, nor would He have let us hear things like this at this time." NASB

In Fact, you have the Preincarnate Jesus speaking in Zec 12:1-10

Zec 12:1, 10 - "...Thus declares the LORD who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him....10 "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn." NASB

Now notice these verses...

John 19:34. 37, "But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out....37 And again another Scripture says, "THEY SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCED." NASB

Rev 1:7, "BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen." NASB

Heb 1:2, 3. "...in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. 3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high" NASB

Isa 43:10 "You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me. 11 "I, even I, am the LORD, And there is no savior besides Me." NASB

The NIV Reader's Translation of the following verses helps capture the nuances of the Greek text:

John 1:1, 2, 3, "In the beginning, the Word was already there. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 All things were made through him. Nothing that has been made was made without him...14 The Word became a human being. He made his home with us. We have seen his glory. It is the glory of the one and only Son. He came from the Father. And he was full of grace and truth." NIrV
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

1stjohn0666 wrote:
B. W. wrote: Hebrew word Face translated is a plural denoting presences. Often used the reveal one's character through how one's face appears when speaking of human faces. The basic idea is that the face sends forth presences.When used of God, it refers to His Presences and His ‘Glory’ used in the verses cited refers to his combined triune nature in its state of wholeness. When all three of God’s presences shine in his oneness – no one could stand in that.

Am I supposed to start counting the number of "persons" in your God?
B. W. wrote:So he reveals Himself thru his two Panyim – Presences – the Son and Holy Spirit, so one may see him and live. Manoah did see the face of God and Live – so did Abraham, Jacob, Gideon, and others. They saw either the Son or the Holy Spirit…and Abraham saw the Father as well too but none saw God in his true whole form.
Manoah saw the "place" the is translated "face of God" Peniel, and on another account the "angel of the LORD" was addressed as Yaweh, but clearly was not God himself.
B. W. wrote:This goes back to God’s self existent nature. All three of his presences are able to self exist and each has their own attributes and distinct character. This is something that escapes Oneness folk and JW’s, and The Way groups, and current Judaism. Yet, Judaism can accept the Seven Spirits of God – or the sevenfold Spirit, yet little else about God’s self existent nature due to a disdain that Jesus is both God manifest in Human Flesh and a full human being too.

Abraham is addressed as Adonim is he the plural Lords, when Abraham is a singular person?
"im" at the end of a Hebrew word does not always mean plurality. In English an s at the end of the word works the same way... like NEWS. "We don't watch the new" so we are watching one article of NEWS.