Theory of Evolution exposed

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.

Theory of Evolution is...

A complete theory explaining everything
4%
Good biology theory with limitations
73%
Not even a scientific theory
15%
Other (I explain with a comment)
8%

Total votes: 26

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Theory of Evolution exposed

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

It amuses me actually as to see you outraged on this but still having no answer as to why there is so much similarity. Why don't you try to answer that? I'd appreciate it.
I really don't get this question, If there is a common designer then there would be similarities.

Like with cars, all different makes and model share similarities, they all have wheels, a power plant of some sort, windows, wiring etc... etc... they are all similar but not the same.

Those similarities between them are because of a common designer, which is humans.

Even a fridge and a car share some similar components.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Dan, genes are, except for newly mutated genes, passed on from parent to child, you can't have them any other way, period. That is the reason why DNA test of yours can confirm who your DAD is, because the genes match.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

neo-x wrote:Dan, genes are, except for newly mutated genes, passed on from parent to child, you can't have them any other way, period. That is the reason why DNA test of yours can confirm who your DAD is, because the genes match.

Yea I know that, but what does that have to do with the price of fish.

Dan
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

something here that you might want to say again?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Notice you completely failed to address the ID multi competing hyposthesis.
A hypothesis with only 55 pages in a book which no one has considered scientific, not even christian biologists for over 30 years, has something to say to you or not? My answer, it is not a good hypothesis. Plus there is no evidence for it, as for as I know. Meyer ultimately come back to the same circular reasoning and GOG.

Signature in the Cell… also makes a positive case for intelligent design by showing that the activity of conscious and rational agents is the only known cause by which large amounts of new functional information arises, at least when starting from purely physical and chemical antecedents.
I've debated enough atheist to recognize it yes. Just because you are ignorant of your own fallacious reasoning, doesn't put a burden of proof on me.
Why would you answer? you have a GOG, at best.
Why wouldn't there be similar genomes. Function. Why would function (which naturally infers a designer, BTW) require unique genomes for humans and apes?
Genomes are hereditary material J. Do you understand that? If you have a genes in your body, than there must be similar genes in your parents body too, because you get your genes from them. Unless there is a new mutated genes which occurred in the embryo, you would show matching genes.

So J, I am asking you again, please account for 2960 million genomes which are identical in the chimp and the man? since there is no other way to gain those genomes unless it was gained by hereditary mechanisms.
Tell me then. You list yourself as a Theistic evolutionists. Where does God fit in?
The laws are made by him.
Where did I say that? I said the theory of evolution is not validated by the lack of other competing models. You have some serious issues. You keep talking about one liners. Pot meet kettle.
I see nothing here but a religious committment to naturalism and Darwinist presuppositions.
The only issue I have seen thus far, is you trying to attack my credibility to argue, nothing else.
Last edited by neo-x on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

without.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:35 am

Neo,
I'm actually a little surprised that you don't see what we're saying. There are such similarities because the same Creator created all living things. That's simple logic that you're overlooking. Just one question for you. If man evolved from some "ancestor", whether it was a one celled organism, or whatever, how then do you explain how man was created in the image of God? According to the kind of evolution you're talking about here, modern man wasn't created at all.
Rick, I do. And that is why I am asking you to at least acknowledged a little science if not all. The similarity that you are talking about are genes, which parents give to child, there is no other way to account for those identical genes. A baby gets is genes from its parents, you get them from your parents. That is how your lineage is traced. That is not my interpretation, that is pure science fact. So the chimp and man shares, 2690 MILLION genomes, that is almost 3 billion, Rick. Apart from hereditary mechanism, how can you account for 3 billion genomes? There is no other way to get those genes unless you both are born of the same ancestor.

If you think that the creator used the same building material, then what was the mechanism, did God hand made all the creatures, replacing genomes as he went by?

If he did use one material than that material only passed on because of reproduction. We know this much because it is a fact. The way we know it is a fact because we can test it. And there is no other way to do it. That is why the science community never seriously considered ID, because the answer is obvious.

And it shows a difference of 40 million genomes, which of course makes man different.

without.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

neo-x wrote:

Sorry it's Australian expression, shouldn't expect you to have understood.

But anyway, the fact that we pass on genes inside our own species does not mean that we are related to other species, they pass their genes in their pool and we pass ours in ours all created by a common designer.

Seems pretty simple to me.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Danieltwotwenty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:40 am

neo-x wrote:

But anyway, the fact that we pass on genes inside our own species does not mean that we are related to other species, they pass their genes in their pool and we pass ours in ours all created by a common designer.

Dan, then how come they are IDENTICAL? The only way you get identical Genes is because you had a common ancestor who passed IDENTICAL genes to both groups.
Oh, I really wish you would study a basic biology book to know that, I really do.

without.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

neo-x wrote:
Danieltwotwenty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:40 am

neo-x wrote:

Dan, then how come they are IDENTICAL? The only way you get identical Genes is because you had a common ancestor who passed IDENTICAL genes to both groups.
Oh, I really wish you would study a basic biology book to know that, I really do.

Or they all have a common designer and share genes within their species.

Dan
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Dan, genes don't get identical, unless they are biologically shared among parent and offspring.

You actually need to study how a gene is formed and passed. If you do that you will see what I mean. This is simple biology.

without.

snorider
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by snorider »

Dan, do you know why we hiccup?

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/ ... ion-expla/

Google hiccup, it's a weird side effect from our ancient fish ancestors, showing our transition from water to land over the ages.. Just another annoyance similar to male nipples.. Unless you're kinky like that. >:)
Last edited by snorider on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam1995
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Sam1995 »

snorider wrote:Dan, do you know why we hiccup?
Perhaps you have the answer snorider?

SB
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Sno I don't really care if evolution is true or not it has no bearing on the existence of God, my whole faith is buried in experiencing God's love.

I have seen the work of his hands daily, I have witnessed miracles and answered prayers.

I no longer need and intellectual proof of God, as I have a close personal relationship with him.

God is love, maybe you should think about that.

Dan
snorider
Established Member

Post by snorider »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:

Sno I don't really care if evolution is true or not it has no bearing on the existence of God, my whole faith is buried in experiencing God's love.

I have seen the work of his hands daily, I have witnessed miracles and answered prayers.

I no longer need and intellectual proof of God, as I have a close personal relationship with him.

Dan
This is about Evolution, not about God's love. I'm happy you have a relationship with him.
snorider
Established Member

Post by snorider »

snorider wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

Dan
This is about Evolution, not about God's love. I'm happy you have a relationship with him.
Well, the hiccup, is something that we inherited from our fish friends before we landed.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/ ... ion-expla/

Google, more please. As are our male nipples, the function is no longer needed.

When we were fish we needed to regulate how and when oxygen went to our lungs, since we were in water, hiccups were a way of doing that. Like male nipples, that are no longer needed, we kept that trait, hiccups. :)

Jordan