Historical Villain Whitewashing Game

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Historical Villain Whitewashing Game

Post by RickD »

Jefferson Davis. A real hero for states rights. :shakehead:

You did a good job of whitewashing him though.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

Yup. He's no hero for sure, and the Confederate States were a symbol of slavery rather than states rights as many like to say.

You could say they had a literal "white washed" view of individual liberties.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ok, here's my villain:

This man was a military leader, politician, and leading member of his political party. He was an ace fighter pilot, and won an award for extraordinary personal achievement. This poor man became addicted to a drug he was taking for injuries he sustained in a failed military coup. He was promoted to the highest rank in his country's armed forces.
This poor, misunderstood man was convicted of crimes against humanity and war crimes. And sadly, he committed suicide before his death sentence was carried out.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

RickD wrote:Ok, here's my villain:

This man was a military leader, politician, and leading member of his political party. He was an ace fighter pilot, and won an award for extraordinary personal achievement. This poor man became addicted to a drug he was taking for injuries he sustained in a failed military coup. He was promoted to the highest rank in his country's armed forces.
This poor, misunderstood man was convicted of crimes against humanity and war crimes. And sadly, he committed suicide before his death sentence was carried out.
General Erwin Rommel, aka the Desert Fox
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

General Erwin Rommel, aka the Desert Fox
Ooh! So close! :shakehead:
Sorry. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200. :D

-Edward R Murrow

Sam1995
Valued Member

Post by Sam1995 »

Is it Robert Ley?
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Sam1995 wrote:

Is it Robert Ley?
Sorry, no. If you all keep guessing along the same line, you're bound to get it!

-Edward R Murrow

theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

Herman Goering
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Yes Theophilis you got it.

-Edward R Murrow

ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:
Seraph wrote:Sounds kind of like Dr. Breen from the game Half-Life 2 :P
Actually, I may have mislead. He is not a historical character. He is fictional. If the game only includes historical villains, then just ignore my villain. :lol:

And one more hint. Those of the younger generation may not know my villain. He was quite popular in the late 1970's.

I'm afraid even if I post his picture, most people here wouldn't guess who he is.
I was going to guess Cecil Rhodes :esmile:
ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:
Seraph wrote:Sounds kind of like Dr. Breen from the game Half-Life 2 :P
Actually, I may have mislead. He is not a historical character. He is fictional. If the game only includes historical villains, then just ignore my villain. :lol:

And one more hint. Those of the younger generation may not know my villain. He was quite popular in the late 1970's.

I'm afraid even if I post his picture, most people here wouldn't guess who he is.
I was going to guess Cecil Rhodes :esmile:
But now I will guess Darth Vader.
pat34lee
Recognized Member

Post by pat34lee »

RickD wrote:Ok, my turn.

Mine is a little more difficult. He was originally a colonial military officer who led a mining expedition. He soon became a traitor against all of humanity. His motives for turning against them aren't known for sure. Some say it was greed. Others say it was to save his own people from annihilation at the hands of the alien leader.

If anyone can correctly guess who this is, you are very good. ;)
It looks like nobody ever got this. Is it Baltar from the original Battlestar Galactica?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

pat34lee wrote:

Mine is a little more difficult. He was originally a colonial military officer who led a mining expedition. He soon became a traitor against all of humanity. His motives for turning against them aren't known for sure. Some say it was greed. Others say it was to save his own people from annihilation at the hands of the alien leader.

It looks like nobody ever got this. Is it Baltar from the original Battlestar Galactica?
Wow! This may be the best first post ever. I thought nobody would guess that.

Welcome to the forum pat34lee, aka King of Battlestar Galactica geeks! :eugeek: :lol:

Your turn pat34lee.

-Edward R Murrow

Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

pat34lee, the rules of this game is that you are supposed to respond to the last post that someone put up, not one put up a long time ago when there are other, newer ones. Considering how this game has had very little traffic, I'm making a new entry:

This monarch, desperately wanting to help those he deemed to be lesser than him, claimed that he would be outlawing slavery and promoting Christianity in lands to the far south, taking things that the natives had very little use for and trading them with things they did. This leader's legacy as a leader has inspired a novel that would inspire one of the greatest and most influential anti-war movies of the 20th Century, along with doing things that led to the coining of the term "human rights."
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
pat34lee
Recognized Member

Post by pat34lee »

RickD wrote:
pat34lee wrote:

Wow! This may be the best first post ever. I thought nobody would guess that.

Welcome to the forum pat34lee, aka King of Battlestar Galactica geeks! :eugeek: :lol:

Your turn pat34lee.
I'm not good at this so it may be no challenge. This man grew up poor in colonial America. Though he didn't go to the best schools, he did well in the military, rising through the ranks. During the Revolutionary War, he proved himself an able leader many times, though political rivals sought to diminish his fame. He was brought up on charges before congress at least twice and passed over for promotion several times to younger, less qualified men. Any wonder that he became disenchanted with the new nation?