Cognitive big bang article on how humans became intelligent

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Cognitive big bang article on how humans became intelligent

Post by DRDS »

http://news.yahoo.com/cognitive-big-ban ... 50019.html

I guess evolutionists are now saying because of a tiny sea worm and certain mutations humans and other intelligent animals were able to become intelligent millions of years ago.

My question is, how are they able to accurately trace all these mutations and how do they know they went the exact way they think they do, because after all they were not there in the past to watch it happen.

Let me know what you all think.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Cognitive big bang article on how humans became intellig

Post by jlay »

Question begging and circular reasoning.
This is the starting point, "Darwinian evolution is TRUE, therefore..........."
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
jurek
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Cognitive big bang article on how humans became intellig

Post by jurek »

Circular reasoning - the secret is the type of presuppositions accepted without questioning, so that they are out of sight, but need to be there to cement the logic and semantic structure of the "how they know," thus the mere starting point is never questioned but by virtue of remaining outside of verification - conditions what is possible in terms of meaning making, astronomers use the term "event horizon," I would use "meaning horizon," should this term exist...
"But there's always a purpose in nonsense. Don't bother to examine a folly ”” ask yourself only what it accomplishes." (Ayn Rand)
"Don't give to dogs what belongs to God. They will only turn and attack you. Don't throw pearls down in front of pigs. They will trample all over them." (Matthew 7:6)