Historical Villain Whitewashing Game

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
Dudeacus97
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Historical Villain Whitewashing Game

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Seraph wrote:Is it Pol Pot?
Yes.

Pol Pot was a Cambodian dictator who put an extreme form of Agrarian Communism in his country when he took power in 1975, which forced everybody out of the cities and into the countryside. He also killed more than 2,030,000 people, targeting Christians, Muslims (after force-feeding them pork), Buddhist Monks, anybody with an education, ethnic minorities, and anybody he deemed a traitor. After he was chased out of Cambodia by the Vietnamese, the Cambodian government made a museum on top of the Killing Fields, which consists of the skulls of his victims. He is widely regarded as one of the most evil men who ever lived.
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
Seraph
Christian: No

Post by Seraph »

Yay my turn.

This great emperor-to-be grew up in the harshness of middle age eastern Asia. Once a war-torn tribal region of the world, this valiant man united all of these tribes into one great nation under one banner. Soon this nation began to expand and lovingly accept other nations into its borders (by force if necessary). By the time this empire was at its peak, it stretched from the pacific all the way into Europe. Why this great leader even accomplished the once thought impossible task of breaking past the Great Wall of China. Loved by all (or else), he accepted a title meaning the "Great Leader". Maintaining his empire through power, it was not sustainable and broken apart as it was divided between among his children and grandchildren.

Mine are so easy...
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Seraph wrote:Yay my turn.

This great emperor-to-be grew up in the harshness of middle age eastern Asia. Once a war-torn tribal region of the world, this valiant man united all of these tribes into one great nation under one banner. Soon this nation began to expand and lovingly accept other nations into its borders (by force if necessary). By the time this empire was at its peak, it stretched from the pacific all the way into Europe. Why this great leader even accomplished the once thought impossible task of breaking past the Great Wall of China. Loved by all (or else), he accepted a title meaning the "Great Leader". Maintaining his empire through power, it was not sustainable and broken apart as it was divided between among his children and grandchildren.

Mine are so easy...
It's Genghis Khan. I got it as "united all of these tribes into one great nation under one banner."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Dudeacus97 wrote:
Seraph wrote:Yay my turn.

Mine are so easy...
It's Genghis Khan. I got it at "united all of these tribes into one great nation under one banner."
-Dinesh D'Souza

-John Lennox
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Yep :P
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

This extremely charismatic leader took power in his country from a democratic election. Afterwards, he led his country out of an economic recession and built many roads, making his formerly impoverished country a military superpower. His ambitious plan for foreign relations led to the creation of many policies of alliance between many countries and the development of numerous technologies. His unique ideas for civil rights also helped expose the true evils of racism and anti-semitism to the Western World.
-Dinesh D'Souza

-John Lennox
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Would that be Paul von Hindenburg's successor? Sorry, my keypad won't let me type the name. :shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Correctimundo!!!
-Dinesh D'Souza

-John Lennox
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

My turn.

This historic villain is also a hero to many. Villain or hero? It depends on who you ask. This atrocious villain(now you know on which side I stand) has a highschool named after him, which has caused a lot of controversy. This villain was a brilliant, self-educated military leader, and a fierce fighter. He is famous, well infamous for his massacre of close to 300 enemy troops who were surrendering. But he is probably mostly famous for being the founder of an organization that I'll just say is "controversial" :shock: . This organization is a well known group who unfortunately still exists to this day.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Nathan Bedford Forrest

Also, Rick D, this is the Historical Villain Whitewashing Game, so you're supposed to make him sound like a good guy by glossing over everything he did, or just not mentioning the bad stuff at all.
-Dinesh D'Souza

-John Lennox
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Dudeacus97 wrote:Nathan Bedford Forrest

Also, Rick D, this is the Historical Villain Whitewashing Game, so you're supposed to make him sound like a good guy by glossing over everything he did, or just not mentioning the bad stuff at all.
Sorry. There's not much good I could've said about him. :pound:

-Edward R Murrow

Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Then describe him as to how somebody who would see him as a hero would. I still haven't found ones for some people for that reason, since there is no person alive that could see them as good. Here's mine:

This brave, charismatic adventurer gathered men together to explore foreign lands. His peaceful negotiations with the natives opened up many opportunities for colonization, exploration, and settlement in a land we now call Mexico, along with defeating a totalitarian ruler who sacrificed thousands of people to pagan gods every day.
-Dinesh D'Souza

-John Lennox
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Hernan Cortes

Thank you Age of Empires II :P
Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Yesiree!
-Dinesh D'Souza

-John Lennox
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

This valiant man could be seen as one of the leaders of a grand fight against tyranny. A battle against the opression from federal government and a champion of state's rights. Although the legal entity that this man was head of state of ultimately failed in the long run, some people still choose to honor this man and the nation he led as a symbol of personal liberties and to express their pride in their heritage. Named after a great American leader, this man truely earns the name, as a defender of state liberties and their, shall we say, "old fashioned" way of getting labor work done and economic system.