Question and discussion about rewards in heaven...

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Question and discussion about rewards in heaven...

Post by DRDS »

Hi there everyone, with the lack of solid and effective opportunities to share the gospel at least for me right now, and if I never get those opportunities because of circumstances out of my control, in the afterlife with God, do you all think He will reward those like myself who would love to do big things for Him but can't do to circumstances?

Currently I do feel hopeful that He will since He knows all things. Plus I saw this really good apologetics video done by apologist John Ankerberg and Pastor Erwin Lutzer. Here is what they say about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZeCI4qEfjk

Let me know if you all agree or disagree and if so why. I certainly hope they are right since currently I feel like I might get shut out of a lot of opportunities to do a lot of things because of circumstances out of my control and possibly out of everyone's control.

So basically I just want to see if this looks right and if not what is wrong about it and how do you all think rewards will be done. Thank you all for your time, GB.
Echoside
Valued Member

Re: Question and discussion about rewards in heaven...

Post by Echoside »

DRDS wrote:Hi there everyone, with the lack of solid and effective opportunities to share the gospel at least for me right now, and if I never get those opportunities because of circumstances out of my control, in the afterlife with God, do you all think He will reward those like myself who would love to do big things for Him but can't do to circumstances?
Mark 12:42-44 came to mind when I read this.

Don't worry about the opportunities you don't have, focus on making the most out of what you can.
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Thanks Echoside, I certainly need the encouragement right now. God bless!
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

DRDS, God knows your heart and how much u desire to do his will to help others and that counts so much with him, but there is a powerful weapon that God gave us that we sometimes take for granted, and that is prayer my friend, and the prayers from a heart like yours can do alot for many people in this world:)
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Yes indeed, that's great info Bippy, a very good reminder. Thank you so much for all you do. GB.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

DRDS wrote:Yes indeed, that's great info Bippy, a very good reminder. Thank you so much for all you do. GB.
Welcome buddy :)
God bless :)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

We can take comfort in God's omniscience.
He KNOWS Us, He KNOWS all about Us.
He Knows what is in our hearts, better then we do.
He knows our love for Him and knows why we can do ( or do not) the things they we want to to give glory to Him and show Him our love.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

PaulSacramento wrote:We can take comfort in God's omniscience.
He KNOWS Us, He KNOWS all about Us.
He Knows what is in our hearts, better then we do.
He knows our love for Him and knows why we can do ( or do not) the things they we want to to give glory to Him and show Him our love.

Amen Paul :)
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

God's rewards will take into consideration your circumstances and he doesn't expect you to do something you don't have any opportunity to do. But there are two things you need to think about.

First, have you prayed to God and asked him to give you opportunities to share the gospel? Sometimes we lack things because we don't ask for them.

Second, are you sure there isn't some opportunity that you are overlooking? The fact that you are able to ask that question here shows that you have access to the internet. There are plenty of online forums where you would be able to share the gospel with others. Perhaps there are other opportunities that you could find if you asked God to show you what they are.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Yes I do have internet access and yes I do try to share the gospel and apologetics with people I know personally and people I don't know as well. The only problem is so far I have got little to no reception from the people I've tried to share it with. It's strange, it's like people I'm around either don't like me or they just don't want anything to do with God. I get the same silence from other believers when I try to do things to encourage them. It's like I can't do anything right. It's the story of my whole life it seems.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

DRDS wrote:Yes I do have internet access and yes I do try to share the gospel and apologetics with people I know personally and people I don't know as well. The only problem is so far I have got little to no reception from the people I've tried to share it with. It's strange, it's like people I'm around either don't like me or they just don't want anything to do with God. I get the same silence from other believers when I try to do things to encourage them. It's like I can't do anything right. It's the story of my whole life it seems.
DRDS, I have always gotten encouragement from our chats on facebook, so your statement isnt entirely accurate.:)
Remember this bro, when evangelizing, you have to have tough skin because in this day and age your gonna strike out alot more times then your gonna get a hit or a homerun, but even if just one soul is effected by this it causes all of heaven to rejoice. Thats how valuable the human soul is to God:)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

DRDS wrote:Yes I do have internet access and yes I do try to share the gospel and apologetics with people I know personally and people I don't know as well. The only problem is so far I have got little to no reception from the people I've tried to share it with. It's strange, it's like people I'm around either don't like me or they just don't want anything to do with God. I get the same silence from other believers when I try to do things to encourage them. It's like I can't do anything right. It's the story of my whole life it seems.
You may want to consider God's words to Baruch in Jeremiah, Chapter 45. Like you, Baruch was upset because the Lord's message was rejected (read Jeremiah 36) and Baruch put the blame on himself. God's message to Baruch is that those who reject Scripture are rejecting God, not the messenger.

Think about that.

FL y:-?
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Sam1995
Valued Member

Post by Sam1995 »

Echoside wrote:
DRDS wrote:Hi there everyone, with the lack of solid and effective opportunities to share the gospel at least for me right now, and if I never get those opportunities because of circumstances out of my control, in the afterlife with God, do you all think He will reward those like myself who would love to do big things for Him but can't do to circumstances?
Mark 12:42-44 came to mind when I read this.

Don't worry about the opportunities you don't have, focus on making the most out of what you can.
Amen to that, God won't sell you out or perform an act which is not just when you come before Him, until then - you have a race to run in this life, advancing His kingdom and falling more in love with Him in the process! Praying for you!

God bless!

SB
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis