Jesus is YHVH??

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
1stjohn0666
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Jesus is YHVH??

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

Many Hebrew names have a definition to go behind the name as in Jonah = Dove, So If the "literal" definition is the definition of the person we must make Jonah a bird rather than a person LOL
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

1stjohn0666 wrote:Many Hebrew names have a definition to go behind the name as in Jonah = Dove, So If the "literal" definition is the definition of the person we must make Jonah a bird rather than a person LOL
Yes John, we certainly have to be careful with taking names literally. For example:
john/jän/
Noun:

A toilet.
A prostitute's client.
:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

Sorry man. You opened yourself up for that one. y>:D<
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

:pound:
I have to give you credit on that one Rick, it was good thinking :amen:
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

1stjohn0666 wrote:Many Hebrew names have a definition to go behind the name as in Jonah = Dove, So If the "literal" definition is the definition of the person we must make Jonah a bird rather than a person LOL
Humour aside, the verse goes He will be called "God Amongst Us".
Since his name was Jaheshua and not Immauel, the verse speaks for itself.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

PaulSacramento wrote:To me its the Immanuel part.
That He would be called "God amongst us" kind of makes a huge statement, know what I mean?
True but also what about the part where he is called the everlasting father. I mean who else could the everlasting father be But God himself, plus he is called the prince of peace. Correct me if im wrong, but isnt a Prince the son of the King?
I personally cant see a way to wiggle out of this one for Jehovas Witnesses :shakehead:
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

bippy123 wrote:
That He would be called "God amongst us" kind of makes a huge statement, know what I mean?
True but also what about the part where he is called the everlasting father. I mean who else could the everlasting father be But God himself, plus he is called the prince of peace. Correct me if im wrong, but isnt a Prince the son of the King?
I personally cant see a way to wiggle out of this one for Jehovas Witnesses :shakehead:
The prophecy of Isaiah shows that Christ would be ALL that and more.
And he was.
Names like that, titles like that, were only given to God.
For a Hebrew to prophesize that a MAN would be called "God amongst Us", Eternal Father, those things are HUGE !!
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

PaulSacramento wrote:
bippy123 wrote:
The prophecy of Isaiah shows that Christ would be ALL that and more.
And he was.
Names like that, titles like that, were only given to God.
For a Hebrew to prophesize that a MAN would be called "God amongst Us", Eternal Father, those things are HUGE !!
Not only that Paul, but the old testament strictly Forbids Polytheism as blasphemy against God and if JW's interpret Jesus as being a lesser God then Jehovah then they are polytheists. This is why they will always need to try to twist the ancient Koin Greek and hebrew sprictures so that it translates into what they want it to translate to, to fit with their religion, even though almost all greek and hebrew scholars say they have butchered these translations and are completely wrong about them.

If they then say that they dont worship Jesus, not only do they go against the new testament (Jesus accepted worship to him and said it was good), but they go against their history which shows that they have many times officially said they at one point they are supposed to worship Jesus, then flip flopped many times.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/worship-jesus.php
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

jwfacts, is one of the best websites out there for getting the correct understanding of how much the JW"s doctrines have changed.
Of course they openly admit that, saying that the current doctrines are the "new light" from the HS via the anointed Governing Body.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

PaulSacramento wrote:jwfacts, is one of the best websites out there for getting the correct understanding of how much the JW"s doctrines have changed.
Of course they openly admit that, saying that the current doctrines are the "new light" from the HS via the anointed Governing Body.
Yea, I just started looking through it Paul :)

Some anointed governing body lol, it's so anointed that they have twist the koine Greek and Hebrew around to try and decieve their followers about the bible.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

bippy123 wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:jwfacts, is one of the best websites out there for getting the correct understanding of how much the JW"s doctrines have changed.
Yea, I just started looking through it Paul :)

Some anointed governing body lol, it's so anointed that they have twist the koine Greek and Hebrew around to try and decieve their followers about the bible.
Well, caveat emporium, right?