Book of Enoch

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
JCSx2
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Book of Enoch

Post by JCSx2 »

The book of Enoch; anyone familiar? What is your take on this?
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Book of Enoch

Post by B. W. »

JCSx2 wrote:The book of Enoch; anyone familiar? What is your take on this?
Yes, I have a copy is there something in it that catches your eye?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

B. W. wrote:
JCSx2 wrote:The book of Enoch; anyone familiar? What is your take on this?
Yes, I have a copy is there something in it that catches your eye?
-
-
-
I have just seen a brief overview of it; I wanted to read it. I just wanted to hear
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

I've got it too... It's a very strange book. It mainly deals with the nephilim plus Enoch's visit to heaven. I would recommend reading it..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Gman wrote:I've got it too... It's a very strange book. It mainly deals with the nephilim plus Enoch's visit to heaven. I would recommend reading it..
So would I!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

Jude ... the extremely condensed book of Enoch LOL
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

1Enoch, the Book of Watchers, is canon in the Ethopic Church.
Jude quotes from it and Revelation borrows heavy from it also.
While its authorship is debated and contested in its current form, some say that the original MAY indeed be much older than the 2nd century BC that most date it.
It is a fascinating read and I highly recommend it.
In some ways it explains a lot of the things the bible leaves "unclear" - where do these other "gods" come from and so forth.
secretfire6
Established Member

Post by secretfire6 »

How does one find a copy of the book of Enoch? I've only read excerpts from it and I'm very interested in it..since Enoch is one of 2 fully ascended people from the tens of thousands of years of OT history I would really like to know more.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/ I found this site where you can read it.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
secretfire6
Established Member

Post by secretfire6 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/ I found this site where you can read it.
Thank you!! :)
secretfire6
Established Member

Post by secretfire6 »

Ok so I have read about 60% or more of the book of Enoch from that site and was about to ask about the naming of the 2 witnesses that appear in Revelation. Now I can't find where I read it in Enoch without re reading the whole thing. Alot of people argue over what or who the 2 witnesses that preach in the holy city during the tribulation in Revelation are. Enoch says one of them is a returned Moses and the other I can't remember. It was a short name that I didn't recognize. It started with a vowel..A ..E or I. Anyone know what I'm talking about and who this 2nd witness is?