Masturbation Inquiry

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Masturbation Inquiry

Post by Philip »

Here is a very interesting article on the subject of masturbation, written by a youth pastor of 20 years: http://site.themarriagebed.com/sexualit ... sturbation
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by CallMeDave »

tunde1992 wrote:SO, YES OR NO?
i have heard some pretty good arguments from both sides.
In all honesty i have done it before :esurprised: only because i felt like if i didn't i"d break down and explode :(
i felt relieved of stress when i finished .. but at the same time felt a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach
like i just murdered someone
felt really bad :|
andi am 14 yrs old in the teenage years
i cant even look at an "attractive" girl witout well.. lets jus tsay ..get blood rushing to my private organs
and i dont even want it .. oH God help me i need some answer y[-o<

First, understand that at your age you have been given a huge sexual appetite and awareness. It comes with puberty in addition to the constant barrage of sexual stimuli from an out of control sex saturated culture who does well making money off of titillizing your genitals .; this comes in the form of TV shows, movies, DVD's, music, peer pressure, billboards, magazines and the trampish way women/girls dress today because theyve fallen prey to the big lies of our culture . So having said that....its understandable that you have your work cut out for you in terms of staying sexually pure and to offer your Body as a living sacrifice to our incredible loving Creator .

Secondly, as an early Teen, you like the rest of us when we were that age....has a high degree of curiousity regarding your sexuality. That is normal for you to be this way.

Thirdly, As someone who is turning into a Man soon, God has given you this male sexuality which is strong and finds the shape of women / girls something very nice to look at . God has given us guys this sensory apparatus that goes bonkers when we see what WE percieve as an attractive Body . So, thats normal too and healthy to a point.

Fourth, You should know that you are not alone in your sexual desires because its happened to ALL of us males before and probably is still in force. WHile im alot older than you are, i still struggle with Lust when i see a sharp lookingt gal. BUT over time and with practice, i have learned to defuse the temptation to lust many times . Heres whats helped me : Pray for the gal and her life and youll find that your fleshly desires will drop almost instantly, turn your head away if you can, if you have to look in her direction then look at the top of her head only, learn to bounce your eyes away from her sexual parts .... takes practice , and dont put yourself into situations where there will most likely be scantily clad girls (as much as it depends on you) .

Fifth, As for masturbation and the Christian guy.....my advice is if you find it greatly decreases your lusting in public , then go ahead and do it but try very hard NOT to let it OWN you ; in other words, do it as seldom as you possibly can and when you do do it....try as hard as you can not to think of a girl in fantasy mode --- concentrate on the physical sensation or if its at night time, look up at the many Stars out that night and think of their beauty.

Sixth, Make sure you get alot of physical excersise because its a good stress reliever and it helps.

Seventh, Dont hang around with gals who dress provactively or who use sexual language in your company because its only going to fuel the lust and will get you going down the wrong road to regret. Belong to a Christian Teen Group where there are people who REALLY love the Lord and want to live for him and are committed to delaying having sex with another person till marriage. Its the best gift you could ever give your wife and she will feel so very special to know of your love for her. Words cannot express that.

Remember, as guys we all struggle with this sex thing . It does lessen with age and when you get married too. But, its going to be a constant battle of the Mind .
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

There is nothing in scripture of the subject of masturbation. As I can tell you are a young person, so for the fact of the matter:
There are 2 types of men in the world ones that masturbate and ones that lie. This is an old liner I picked up from women.
Eureka
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Eureka »

What about masturbation for women? I think that when most women masturbate, they are generally focused on the physical sensation without really needing to even imagine having sex or thinking about naked men. Being much less visually-oriented, I think that it is fairly easy for a woman to masturbate without lust for another person in mind. And there is no spilling of seed...

Would this type of masturbation still be considered undesirable behavior for Christians?

Best,

E
"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."
CallMeDave
Valued Member

Post by CallMeDave »

Eureka wrote:What about masturbation for women? I think that when most women masturbate, they are generally focused on the physical sensation without really needing to even imagine having sex or thinking about naked men. Being much less visually-oriented, I think that it is fairly easy for a woman to masturbate without lust for another person in mind. And there is no spilling of seed...

Would this type of masturbation still be considered undesirable behavior for Christians?

Best,

E

Maturbastion is between the Person, his conscience, and God and the pros and cons should be weighed carefully.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
KimArnold
Newbie Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by KimArnold »

Eureka wrote:What about masturbation for women? I think that when most women masturbate, they are generally focused on the physical sensation without really needing to even imagine having sex or thinking about naked men. Being much less visually-oriented, I think that it is fairly easy for a woman to masturbate without lust for another person in mind.
Mmmmm, I don't know about that.

I'm not sure why anyone would think that we women are 'much less visially-oriented' either. Those are antiquated ways of thinking.

I think women can be just as imaginative as men when it comes to sex.

It depends on the person.
CallMeDave
Valued Member

Post by CallMeDave »

KimArnold wrote:
Eureka wrote:What about masturbation for women? I think that when most women masturbate, they are generally focused on the physical sensation without really needing to even imagine having sex or thinking about naked men. Being much less visually-oriented, I think that it is fairly easy for a woman to masturbate without lust for another person in mind.
Mmmmm, I don't know about that.

I'm not sure why anyone would think that we women are 'much less visially-oriented' either. Those are antiquated ways of thinking.

I think women can be just as imaginative as men when it comes to sex.

It depends on the person.
I dont believe women get into the fantasy mindset game though (?) . I mean..when youre walking down the street and see a nice looking man , do you move into a sexual fantasy with him ? No...i believe it takes a certain particular man that you already have a strong emotional relationship with .... and not just anyone. Not so for a guy.

zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

Wow a 14yr old has the guts most men don't ask a legit question, confesses it, then ask for help... To 1) stop 2) according to scripture is it a sin, some goof asks this kid why did he asks this and tells him to seek the advice of a doctor... Really???

Bravo kid... I applaud you and I'm praying for you bud. Here is the thing you felt something in your spirit man nor scripture can oppose or tell you otherwise, nor can we fault the conviction of the HS cause that's what that was.