The Way International

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

The Way International

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Seems like it might be time to take a look at The Way International and its splinter groups.

The basic history is here on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_International

Groups classifying The Way International as a cult include:

Rapid Net: http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard//bdm/Cults/way.htm

Watchman Fellowship: http://www.watchman.org/profile/waypro.htm

CARM: http://carm.org/way-international

A book exists from a member who gives a lot of the behind the scenes internal activities particularly at the leadership level here: http://www.ex-way.com/

F.A.C.T.Net is a resource dedicated especially to Clergy and Mental Health Professionals to help with addressing the Spiritual Abuse of Cults and Abusive Religions: http://www.factnet.org/node/548

Feel free to discuss or add additional information as wished.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: The Way International

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Just another man made religion, instead of putting Faith in God (Jesus) they have faith in mankind (jesus) to wash them clean of their sins.

Only God could make the perfect sacrifice to pay the wages of sin.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Just another man made religion, instead of putting Faith in God (Jesus) they have faith in mankind (jesus) to wash them clean of their sins.

Only God could make the perfect sacrifice to pay the wages of sin.

Dan
Well said, Daniel. Having faith in a Jesus who isn't God, is pure idolatry.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Here is a good site concerning this group and its splinter groups:

And for more on what they teach: go to the -- BIBLICAL RESEARCH & TEACHING -- link on the page below for some interesting reading...

http://www.abouttheway.org/
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
Feel free to discuss or add additional information as wished.
It's a cult group for sure... Name it and claim it.. That is their motto.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

I will defend that the people of the way international and it's splinter groups are Christian. Now with that said I will add that they are not of the "orthodox" variety. I firmly believe that the Creeds twist the scriptures to say something the scriptures do not. The Creeds are post biblical, and not inspired "God breathed" documents.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:I will defend that the people of the way international and it's splinter groups are Christian. Now with that said I will add that they are not of the "orthodox" variety. I firmly believe that the Creeds twist the scriptures to say something the scriptures do not. The Creeds are post biblical, and not inspired "God breathed" documents.
The Creeds came about to protect long standing earliest Christian doctrine against rising tides of false teachings that denied Jesus Christ (2 Peter 2:1 NKJV) and who he is, such as Arianism did – see the below link on Arianism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism

You, john666 (666 is the number of the antichrist) and the WAY INTERNATIONAL hold to a false view of Christ and deny him and follow a false Jesus that cannot save. The bible is clear, the doctrine of the Divine Trinity is true representation of that natured essence of God. Jesus existed and appeared to the people in the OT such as Adam-through the Prophets. He is God and always was. You refuse the clear teachings on this revealed in the bible as well as all the clear evidence. That is why antichrist doctrine was combated against and how the creeds came about to keep people from falling into error and damning of their souls.

You need Jesus Christ - the real Christ -John666 (antichrist) - so he can give you a new name.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

@B.W.
Very uncalled for.... My phone number happens to have 0666 as it's ending, thus my screen name. I still defend the people of faith that you seem to think "got it all wrong" What I see from you is "believe the way I do or your wrong and can't be saved" I thank you for trying to help God out with his decision in who is the saved and unsaved. Lev 19:18 What I see as clear teaching certainly differs from yours. But the point is to have discussions with agree to disagree attitudes. Sure some are longer than others but in the end everyone starts checking things out to see what is truth.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:@B.W.
Very uncalled for.... My phone number happens to have 0666 as it's ending, thus my screen name. I still defend the people of faith that you seem to think "got it all wrong" What I see from you is "believe the way I do or your wrong and can't be saved" I thank you for trying to help God out with his decision in who is the saved and unsaved. Lev 19:18 What I see as clear teaching certainly differs from yours. But the point is to have discussions with agree to disagree attitudes. Sure some are longer than others but in the end everyone starts checking things out to see what is truth.
You come on a Christian website and use a well known number - 666 - is not wise choice nevertheless...

Then claim that Jesus is not God come in human flesh and also hold dearly to the views of major cults - that's another...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

1stjohn0666 wrote:I will defend that the people of the way international and it's splinter groups are Christian. Now with that said I will add that they are not of the "orthodox" variety. I firmly believe that the Creeds twist the scriptures to say something the scriptures do not. The Creeds are post biblical, and not inspired "God breathed" documents.
1stjohn, what did the earliest Christians (the first disciples of the apostles) call the people who strayed away from the orthodox Christian beliefs that were passed onto them by the apostles? They were simply called heretics, and since the apostles had the holy spirit with them as the were passing down not just the gospels but their authorative interpretation (guided by the holy spirit) they couldnt have taught the their early Christian students wrong. If you believe that the apostles did teach the scripture in the wrong way to the first christians then what your basically saying is that Jesus was a liar because Jesus told the apostles that whoever hears you hears him who taught you.

I for one trust in what the Lord says.