Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Reactionary
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

So after 15 months here, apparently I've become a "Senior member". It's an honour. I wish to thank all of you at G&S for being kind and helpful, as much as one can be through a computer screen. It's been a pleasure to participate here, learn many new things as well as helping those who wanted to learn.

I came here at the crucial moment in my life - at the age of 20 I started to ask the big questions about life - and this site played a big role in my decision to stick firmly with Christianity.

What I like here is that I can ask whatever is on my mind, and get an answer without prejudices, which is unlike what I often experienced in my life ("How do you not know that quote?", "It's not the time or place to discuss that...", "Why does it matter? The point is to believe..." etc.). An open-minded society of Christian intellectuals is all I needed at that point, and I still do.

So thanks to all of you once again, and God bless. y)>-
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: 500

Post by Silvertusk »

You are very welcome - but remember you are part of this forum that has helped other people as well - including myself - so thank you as well. :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

So if you're a senior member, what does that exactly make us, ancient?

It's really been a pleasure having you here Reactionary. y>:D<
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Reactionary you have also help me too!

Proverbs 27:17 NKJV - As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

Thanks old timer :esmile:
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:So if you're a senior member, what does that exactly make us, ancient?

It's really been a pleasure having you here Reactionary. y>:D<
Byblos, we must have one foot in the grave, if someone as young as Reactionary can be referred to as "senior" anything. I feel a midlife crisis coming. Where's my Corvette. :pound:

Reactionary, it's been a pleasure to share this forum with you, as well, young whippersnapper. 8)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Congrats. Hopefully I will follow you soon. And ... you also helped me.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Byblos wrote:So if you're a senior member, what does that exactly make us, ancient?
You're all welcome, ancient members... 8)
1over137 wrote:Congrats. Hopefully I will follow you soon. And ... you also helped me.
...and nearly senior members. :mrgreen:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

So, this is my post number 500. Sorry for some posts guys, but I had to ask. I enjoy being here and also making fun with Ricky boy as well as FL and others.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

What are we gonna do with all these young "seniors"? They're like a plague!!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Titles pfft you can keep them. 8)

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Titles pfft you can keep them. 8)

Dan
Excuuuuse me!! Mr. ADVANCED senior member. y[-( :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Titles pfft you can keep them. 8)

Dan
Excuuuuse me!! Mr. ADVANCED senior member. y[-( :lol:

Hey don't mock my post padding. :mrgreen:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.