Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Callisto
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Callisto »

Icthus wrote:Hello all. I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time, and I figured I might as well come out of the shadows at some point. I am a 22 year old graduate student in English Literature with a more than passing interest in biblical studies. While my knowledge of philosophy, science, and especially theology could certainly stand to see some improvement, I'm fairly familiar with biblical scholarship and hope to prove valuable to this board.

And, no, in choosing the name "Icthus" I am not claiming to be God. I just like the acronym. This is my first online forum, so a bit of patience may be required concerning my user interface skills. In any case, I'm pleased to be here. There are a lot of intelligent, informed users on this board representing a wide variety of stances on Christianity, and I look forward to contributing.
*fist pump* Love seeing people my own age here. :lol: Sadly I'm still an undergraduate and almost 24 years old.... yeah I'm taking my time. Anyway, welcome!
Mitzy
Familiar Member

Post by Mitzy »

Hello my name is Mitzy obviously I am 29 and a stay at mom for the time being. I came across this site when doing some research on some subjects. It seems like a good place to get to know other Christians and be able to have some good conversations with understanding people.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Welcome to all the young newbies, from the oldbie. :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Mitzy wrote:Hello my name is Mitzy obviously I am 29 and a stay at mom for the time being. I came across this site when doing some research on some subjects. It seems like a good place to get to know other Christians and be able to have some good conversations with understanding people.
Welcome to the forum.
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Callisto
Established Member

Post by Callisto »

Mitzy wrote:Hello my name is Mitzy obviously I am 29 and a stay at mom for the time being. I came across this site when doing some research on some subjects. It seems like a good place to get to know other Christians and be able to have some good conversations with understanding people.
Hi! :wave:
Eureka
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Eureka »

Hello Everyone :wave:

Thanks for welcoming me to the forums! I've been eavesdropping for a little while, and I'm really impressed by the sincere, open and intelligent discussions that you share with one another.

I used to be a Christian. I don't have that faith anymore, but it's a very comforting memory. I hope you'll be patient with me--there are so many things I'd love to talk about. I promise I have no agenda--not for restoration of my own faith or for attempted damage to your faith--I just think I can learn a lot here. I look forward to our future e-fellowship!

Talk to you soon!

E
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Welcome, I hope you find what you are searching for. :wave:

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to our "Evidence for God From Science" family, Eureka. :wave:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Welcome Mitzy & Eureka. :wave:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Mitzy
Familiar Member

Post by Mitzy »

Thanks for the welcome, I am learning a lot from this site but still have many questions so looks like I will stick around for a while.
jon510
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by jon510 »

Hi everybody!

I've used the home site on many occasions for research and never realized there was a discussion forum until now. Glad I did because it's good to be with Christians, even e Christians. I'm not an expert but I have debated atheists in the past and found the home site useful.

I became a believer in 2002, in my early 40's and immediately set about satisfying the sudden hunger for God's word. I'm happily married. I'm a layman but I have done some preaching just out of love for God and his word. I enjoy talking about Jesus and listening to different perspectives on Christianity. Look forward to sharing mine and growing in Christ with you.

Jon
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Welcome Jon, glad to have you with us. :ebiggrin:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

welcome to the forums, Jon. :D

-Edward R Murrow

Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Hello, forum, and my username is Dudeacus97. I came to this forum in order to learn more about Christianity and to get help in developing a personal relationship with Christ.

I am heavily interested in apologetics, but don't have any real-life experience in debating with or talking with people. I'm also younger and not as experienced as most people on this website, so don't expect me to be as knowledgeable.

I don't know what else to say besides I'm autistic, I write scripts for a TV show I made up (It's complex), and I like video games, especially my favorite, Dante's Inferno.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome Dudeacus97 :D

I hope you enjoy your stay.

-Edward R Murrow